Green Bay Packers look like a broken team

Plankton

Reaction score
The Cowboys over the last 20+ years never play worse than when they are being hailed as being great, and poised to blow out another team. If there were ever a game where the rat traps should be hung throughout the locker room, this is it.

Can't help but think of the Niner game in 1995.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hopefully, this will be payback for the 2010 game where Green Bay beat a broken Dallas team 45-7 in Wade Phillips last game as the Cowboys coach.

This does seem a bit like that script in reverse.

It is more likely to be a close game where GB pulls out all stops to try to save their season.

Im not surprised that GB didn’t get up to play a 1 win Lions team. However, they’ll be fired up against Dallas and see it as a chance to right their ship and get the fans/media off their back by beating a good team.

Plus, Rodgers would probably rather sever a limb than lose to McCarthy. I expect him to do everything possible to beat the Cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The packers look like a broken team. Aaron Rodgers, looks like he doesn't even want to be in the field. Dallas, should blow out the packers, and show the rest of the NFC what they can expect, when they see us.
This is going to be a tough game no matter what you think. They’re at home and wounded and will come out fighting.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're right. This is the NFL and anything can happen. But the OP has a point. The Packers are playing down and out. I'd be more worried about a crap team that is hungry, like Houston than the Packers. The Packers aren't playing with any intensity. They play like a team that has tapped out.
And then in come the Cowboys. Just the team to get them fired up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This has to be at least a third thread on how bad the Packers are looking. The fans on this board will come completely unglued if the Cowboys lose to them. Lol Eventually Green Bay is going to come out of this funk they’re in and have a good game. Aaron Rodgers has had a lot of success against the Cowboys, so I wouldn’t be chalking this up as a win just yet. The Cowboys history at Lambeau hasn’t been very good.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The Boys need to focus on themselves and prepare properly. Never mind reading and listening to press and media clippings. Just take care of business as usual and they should be ok.

No snow yet but temperatures really dip for the weekend, 37/22 winds of 11mph wnw as forecasted this early in the week.

Hope the bye week helped with rest and healing. Re-tool and Re-load!

rags

Reaction score
When it rains, it pours for GB. Packers LB Rashan Gary tore his ACL in yesterday's loss to the Lions and is gone for the year.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The packers look like a broken team. Aaron Rodgers, looks like he doesn't even want to be in the field. Dallas, should blow out the packers, and show the rest of the NFC what they can expect, when they see us.
Aaron Rodgers, just did too much acid

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Packers could be missing 5 starters from yesterday.
Let's be clear, Rodgers is playing very poorly.
They look and play like a broken team.
This is a very winnable game for the Cowboys

I won't argue with statements that seem factual. Here's hoping we won't beat ourselves. :oops:

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Cowboys are 4-1 after a bye the last 5 years. I expect them to beat GB. But as has been stated, this is the NFL. Doesn’t matter who the opponent is, you can win or lose on any given week.

The Jets beat the bills yesterday. Lions beat the pack. Last week I’m sure everyone picked the red hot bengals to lose to the browns. In other words…it’s the NFL.
Washington almost beat the Vikings.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Aging roster, and a lot of money to an old QB that is well past his prime.

Flamma

Reaction score
And then in come the Cowboys. Just the team to get them fired up.

That would really piss me off. The Packers have been playing uninspired football all year. The Cowboys can't be like me, they have to take them seriously.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed. Throw in cold weather and snow. Could be a disaster.

Reminds of the rain game in New England
Extended weather forecast for the game says high of 34 degrees, but no snow or rain is expected.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game no matter what you think. They’re at home and wounded and will come out fighting.

I believe they'll come out fighting too. I've seen this happen far too often. You know what's a great motivator? The fear of being embarrassed. But the Packers biggest problem all year has been their second half. Even in their wins they haven't looked good in the second half.