Greeny, I want to be paid!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Greeny tends to most often state the obvious to fill air time, often his show targetting casual sports fan. so Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers. Wilson are obvious ones..... who else? and rodgers hasn't made it to the superbowl in over 10 years...why? he doesn't have enough talent....he can raise their game to a certain extend....in the end they all need to have talent to be able to maximize that talent and that's the difference, all of the QBs have bad plays, bad games, bad quarters, etc....good QBs make more good plays than bad ones. they have more good quarters than bad ones. they have more good games than bad ones. you surrond these good QBs with some talent and they can elevate the offense.

..bucs had the talent. godwin, evans, couple of TEs, good OL, the problem was they had a bum called Winston...Brady knew all he had to do is thrown half his interceptions and they are a superbowl team.....which is exactly what ahppened.
his show is obsessed with talking about quarterbacks. You can turn Get Up on any random day at any time during the show and any time of the year and I would say there is a 98% chance they are talking about quarterbacks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m not sure why he doesn’t think Green Bay is a good enough place after back to back championship appearances?
He probably thinks they could /should have won those games with better coaching etc,.
I just saw the TB champ game, and his coach elected to kick a fg instead of going for 4th and goal.

Now in most cases or many, I would go with the FG too, but in this case it was not the right call.
I think you go for it and win or lose on that play, rather than hope your defense can stop brady and get the ball back, in which case
you still need a td lol.
So the fg was almost pointless, at that stage, better to go for a td.
Even Aikman said the same thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He probably thinks they could /should have won those games with better coaching etc,.
I just saw the TB champ game, and his coach elected to kick a fg instead of going for 4th and goal.

Now in most cases or many, I would go with the FG too, but in this case it was not the right call.
I think you go for it and win or lose on that play, rather than hope your defense can stop brady and get the ball back, in which case
you still need a td lol.
So the fg was almost pointless, at that stage, better to go for a td.
Even Aikman said the same thing.
It’s the right call if you don’t convert on 4th down. Those are always judgement calls and playing Monday Morning QB is easy.

My response to Rodgers would be you should have converted on previous downs. And what does he say if you don’t convert on 4th down which is probably a more likely scenario. Based on how Tampa was playing defense in that sequence.

Players and fans always want to go for it. But it’s coaches who are ultimately held responsible for taking risk if they fail.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Greeny today was talking (well its what he does) and I swear he must have been reading my posts. He was saying how he doesnt want to hear about the talent the Packers have put around Rodgers. He said that QBs like Rodgers have put all those surrounding players kids' in private schools. That it is RODGERS that made the pack good, and if you put an avg QB on the pack that team would be 7-9.

Hello.... its what Ive been saying fopr years. These GMs, coaches, WRs, RBs...... they are fall within that bell shaped curve. Theya re all good, but none are significantly better than anyone else..... uneil the HOF QB is on the roster. Then all of the sudden that coach is just a little bit smarter than the others. That GM is just a little bit better.... those scouts are just a little bit better...... and.. here it is.......... The owner must be great. He must not get involved. He hires coaches and lets them coach.... bahahahahhahahahahahahhah

QB, it starts and ends right there and it was absolutely proven beyond any doubt last season when a 72 year old Tom Brady joined a Bucs team that had been below avg for a very long time went out and won a SB, AGAIN!

Those summer coaching classes that Arians took last year must have really paid off. Hes great!
Duh, Tampa was a average team before Brady, So were the Ravens before Lamar, so were the Chiefs, so will the Saints, Seahawks.

Rodgers is good, hope he goes to the Raiders

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You said it was rare for a non-elite QB to win a SB. No mention in that post about salary cap era. I proved you wrong. It's ok, we're all wrong from time to time.
you didnt prove anybody wrong. I specifically said to go back to 1995 and start looking. You went back to SB1... not what I said to do. And like I said, from 1995 to present, its rare for a team to win the SB without a HOF QB or an all time great defense. That is a FACT, not my opinion. The salary cap does exactly as intended.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I disagree. And if we break it all down I think we can substantiate the degree of differences from top to bottom.

Start with the best offenses and their rosters with the bottom dwellers . Then do it defensively. Stark contrast in talent level.
take out the top 3 and bottom 3..... just like in a bell shaped curve, and the other 26 teams are all right in there. By the way, I appreciate the discussion with you...... and this discussion between you and I goes back to the old forum. You are softening a little on your view..... Brady brought you over to the dark side a little after this year, didnt he?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Duh, Tampa was a average team before Brady, So were the Ravens before Lamar, so were the Chiefs, so will the Saints, Seahawks.

Rodgers is good, hope he goes to the Raiders
If Rodgers were to go to the Raiders, just like that, Raiders are super bowl contenders. Then we can hear about how great the Raiders have been drafting since Gruden arrived....... bahahahahahahhahhahaahhahaahha

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s the right call if you don’t convert on 4th down. Those are always judgement calls and playing Monday Morning QB is easy.

My response to Rodgers would be you should have converted on previous downs. And what does he say if you don’t convert on 4th down which is probably a more likely scenario. Based on how Tampa was playing defense in that sequence.

Players and fans always want to go for it. But it’s coaches who are ultimately held responsible for taking risk if they fail.
Well what about this, if they go for it and fail tampa takes over on their own 7, instead of at the 25 or further.
That forces them to be more conservative and they dont get the first down, and for sure would punt on 4th down.

so by going for it, your more likely to get the ball back.
And with rodgers , you have a better than avg chance of getting the td, and at least you have that one chance, + more likely to get the ball back.

Your way, very unlikely to get the ball back , and you threw that one chance at a td in the garbage.
And they had no chance at another td since they never got the ball back.

So to me the only chance they had was going for it. after that it was over .

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
All these teams are similar..

QBs and coaching is what separates teams.

Not defense.. Not skill players.. It’s the QB.
You’re 100% wrong.

Very good to dominant defenses consistently beat a great QB. Throughout the history of the NFL this is true.

Brady played pretty well in the playoffs, but Tampa Bays very good defense, not even great, beat up on Aaron Rogers and Patrick Mahomes in back to back games in the playoffs.

I would also take a great coach, Belicheat over a great QB, Brady every time. Brady never won a Super Bowl without a very good defense. Belicheat built those defenses.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
then why havent the Cowboys been doing better with Dak? He is being paid more than Rodgers.
How many games has Dak played since he signed that contract that gets him paid more than Rodgers? None! So your point is moot at this point.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Packers need to pay Rodgers and then kiss his arse! Give him a love note counting all the ways he means everything to them. Otherwise, I doubt he plays for them ever again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well what about this, if they go for it and fail tampa takes over on their own 7, instead of at the 25 or further.
That forces them to be more conservative and they dont get the first down, and for sure would punt on 4th down.

so by going for it, your more likely to get the ball back.
And with rodgers , you have a better than avg chance of getting the td, and at least you have that one chance, + more likely to get the ball back.

Your way, very unlikely to get the ball back , and you threw that one chance at a td in the garbage.
And they had no chance at another td since they never got the ball back.

So to me the only chance they had was going for it. after that it was over .
There’s a reason that’s a low percentage decision.

kskboys

Reaction score
You’re 100% wrong.

Very good to dominant defenses consistently beat a great QB. Throughout the history of the NFL this is true.

Brady played pretty well in the playoffs, but Tampa Bays very good defense, not even great, beat up on Aaron Rogers and Patrick Mahomes in back to back games in the playoffs.

I would also take a great coach, Belicheat over a great QB, Brady every time. Brady never won a Super Bowl without a very good defense. Belicheat built those defenses.
People have the strangest ideas, don't they? We have never won a super bowl w/o a great D. All 5, great D's. All 3 losses also, for that matter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
take out the top 3 and bottom 3..... just like in a bell shaped curve, and the other 26 teams are all right in there. By the way, I appreciate the discussion with you...... and this discussion between you and I goes back to the old forum. You are softening a little on your view..... Brady brought you over to the dark side a little after this year, didnt he?
No, I was already sold on Brady. I’d always argued on his behalf. And we agree how critical an Elite QB is. We just don’t agree with the importance of contributing factors.

I’m not taking out the top 3 and bottom 3 as you’re now back pedaling since you said all teams were the same in talent once you take the QB out. Obviously you see the flaw in that statement. And why the words chosen and context is important.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Packers need to pay Rodgers and then kiss his arse! Give him a love note counting all the ways he means everything to them. Otherwise, I doubt he plays for them ever again.
Yea, if I was the Packers I’d trade his butt to the Jets or Houston. See how he likes losing . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
People have the strangest ideas, don't they? We have never won a super bowl w/o a great D. All 5, great D's. All 3 losses also, for that matter.
True. But we haven’t built a championship team in Cap era yet. It’s really a different era.

Teams are winning and playing for championships without top defenses as we had in those eras.

Basically you need to be great on one side of the ball and average to above average on the other to contend for championships.

An elite defense or QB is recipe this era to be a serious consistent contender because they can mask weaknesses the Cap presents.

And defenses are almost impossible to keep together in Cap. And why this Cap era we are seeing Elite QB’s dominate consistent contenders when surrounded with enough supporting cast with few exceptions without a generational type defense.

This isn’t for you K but others.

kskboys

Reaction score
True. But we haven’t built a championship team in Cap era yet. It’s really a different era.

Teams are winning and playing for championships without top defenses as we had in those eras.

Basically you need to be great on one side of the ball and average to above average on the other to contend for championships.

An elite defense or QB is recipe this era to be a serious consistent contender because they can mask weaknesses the Cap presents.

And defenses are almost impossible to keep together in Cap. And why this Cap era we are seeing Elite QB’s dominate consistent contenders when surrounded with enough supporting cast with few exceptions without a generational type defense.

This isn’t for you K but others.
Yup. But mostly, the teams w/ a D are still the ones winning super bowls. QB also a must.

kskboys

Reaction score
If your D can't make stops, you will not win a super bowl. If your D can't stop the run and win the battle at the LOS in the 4th, you will not win a super bowl.