News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
What I want to know is, how does only one reporter see him leave? Did they distract everyone else with naked cheerleaders?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I've been listening the whole show. Skin asked Bacsik how confident he was that hardy would get signed and Bacsik said im confident although im reading a tweet from Fisher right now about wanting hardy possibly wanting Elite money and Skin was like oh no! then Skin said maybe Hardy wants Elite money and the cowboys arent willing to pay him elite money because thats not the route they are going anymore. Then Bacsik said that could be but at the end of the day he still thinks a deal would get done and Hardy will be a cowboy. Only time i heard them mention spencer was when talking about seattle looking at him. They talked about how Seattle is going to be looking at Canty, Spencer and possibly Hardy and Skin was like well it looks like they want to sign all the guys who are and have been associated with us, good luck with that. i dunno where you heard them say "do you think we can sign spencer to another prove it deal". they were going off Fishers tweet, they dont know anything other than what fisher tweeted which was the speculation that maybe he wants elite money.

Thanks.

JsnSA

Reaction score
These Doom and Gloom fans make me laugh. You guys have no vision and over react to everything. I am pleased to see the Cowboys are sticking to their plan and are no longer reaching on players. If they can get Hardy for a deal that makes sense for the Cowboys then they will sign him. If not, so be it. In that case we will continue to improve with smart value signings and through FA. It may not be a quick or glamorous process but it works when done properly.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Just because he's left VR without a contract doesn't mean we're out. It just means he's exploring his options, as he should. He may very well have his heart set on playing with Dallas after all is said and done. Whatever happens over there, I'm sure the FO will be notified and have a chance to respond if Seattle puts together a better offer. From what I've gathered listening to The Fan the past couple hours, (providing their sources are legit) Dallas put together a very reasonable offer but he is looking for big money. That doesn't necessarily mean that Seattle will offer the big money he's seeking. B&S also mentioned that it would be in Hardy's best interests to sign a 1 year deal so that he can re-explore free agency in the hopes of a bigger pay day if he performs well on the field and keeps his nose clean. Whatever the case may be, this is looking like it will drag on for at least another 2 - 3 days.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy spent most of the day at Valley Ranch Tuesday, meeting with various coaches on the staff.

While he left late afternoon without a deal in place, it appears negotiations could start in the evening with the possibility of a deal getting struck as early as Wednesday.

Hardy is scheduled to remain in the Dallas area until Wednesday with a possible revisit in the morning, which could involve a physical if the negotiations get that far.

He's staying overnight? They have to sign him if they are going to these levels. Right?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it me or does that tweet not make much sense? It says they visited all day and CONTINUE talks and then says.. could revisit Wednesday. So are they still talking now? Or has the talks stopped for the day?

It means he physically left the building but the Cowboys are still talking to his agent. This could get done tonight for all I know. Tomorrow morning could just be the routine physical.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I understand if negotiations are taking a while. If they were negotiating yesterday via phone, Im sure both sides had some inclination of what both sides were/are looking for in a deal. For him to fly in tells me they were close on numbers and this deal is probably being negotiated mainly around structuring a deal to protect the team and the player. I still wouldn't be surprised to hear a deal is agreed to tonight or that they are still working out the details. I choose optimism, mainly because he was brought in with the intention of signing him.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy spent most of the day at Valley Ranch Tuesday, meeting with various coaches on the staff.

While he left late afternoon without a deal in place, it appears negotiations could start in the evening with the possibility of a deal getting struck as early as Wednesday.

Hardy is scheduled to remain in the Dallas area until Wednesday with a possible revisit in the morning, which could involve a physical if the negotiations get that far.

hmm so I was correct, i am an INSIDER,

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What is it everyone said when they let Murray leave and when Adrian Peterson gets brought up??

STAY WITH THE PLAN!

Not everyone. A lot of people have been confused about what the plan has been since day one.

Not a since poster on here, "sourced up" or not, got it right.

Everyone expected more than what we have seen.

Some expected Murray to walk, etc. A lot of people did not expect a ton of activity until the market cooled.

But nobody knew the plan or even acknowledged that the plan basically meant signing low rent talent and letting an opportunity like this walk out without a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.