News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
They're probably at the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan.

I used to work there. Saw coaches and FAs/rookies there often.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guys i see a lot of you struggling to embed tweets. Easy method:

Bottom of the tweet has a ". . ." button. Click that which will bring up a pop up menu and click 'embed.'
That will pop up a window with a field with a string of code. Copy the whole string to clipboard Ctrl-c.
Tab over to your reply window and click the media button. it is the two piece of film two to the right of the smilies button.
That will bring up a window to paste (Ctrl-v) the string to said window and click accept. It will set up the vbulletin embed for you.

I just right click on the time/date stamp or on some the minutes/hrs and copy link location.

khiladi

Reaction score
Greg Hardy has become my favorite Cowboy and he's not even signed yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
Love Schefter. Two hours ago he tweets not much comp from Tampa or Seattle.

Now tweets Tampa isn't going away. LOL.

btcutter

Reaction score
I'm confused. They suckered Jerry into flying him in but had a the parameters for a deal in place? How's that suckering?

Drew had the Jones believe that everything is in place for a deal except minor details. Jones says come on down and finish this deal today and meet the coaches. Drew was getting media attention for his clients to drum up a bidding war ( he has no intention of a quick signing deal with Dallas). Instead of quickly working out the details now he's saying....hold on Cowboys....we want more.
Now, Rosenhaus have national attention (other teams to bid for service) and the entire Cowboy fan base all worked up about signing Hardy. If JJ doesn't sign him then Cowboy nation will be upset. JJ is caught between a rock and hard place now.

Nice move....Drew.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
They're probably at the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan.

I used to work there. Saw coaches and FAs/rookies there often.
Good restaurant !! We have one here in Florida at Gaylord Palm in Orlando .. Love their cheese selection ..

khiladi

Reaction score
I would sign Liam Neeson too, if that's what it would take!
He'll sign anything put on front of him anymore so the negotiation part would be a breeze...

Well-played my friend, well played!

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
My unhealthy obsession with this franchise has ballooned to a point where I've spent a legit 8-10 hours today on my laptop, Ipad, or phone - pretending to be working.

I lived in the Carolinas during Hardy mania in 2013 and just recently moved to East Texas. This dude was a fan favorite, great interview, incredible player, just one of those intriguing characters that was destined to be a Dallas Cowboy.

His production was no fluke, this man will put up 10-15 sacks and a scary presence in your defense from snap 1. He's a difference maker, Carolina had the best D in the league when he played, last year they looked above average at best.

It will help your secondary, your run game, and allow guys like Lawrence, Crawford and Mincey (who aren't slouches either btw) one on one opportunities to make plays. Makes your entire team better.

He's our splash move this year. Next year it will be Dez's mega deal. The AP rumor was a pipe dream, too many variables. This one Dallas played cool and looked to have gotten the guy they wanted all along.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Incredible pass rusher, but I have mixed feelings.

Ole Miss coaches warned NFL teams not to take him because he's crazy. He dropped from the high first round to the sixth.

Then this disgusting DV incident.

Then Carolina just walking away without a thought.

I smell bipolarity big time, and that can make for a difficult locker room.

But on the field, he's truly special.

If that is true, and it may very well be that he is mentally ill, then there are few better places for him to go than here.

Over the years they have watched over the likes of Irvin Haley Lett Spellman Underwood Pacman Tank and Dez. The obvious tragedies are Tuinei's death by heroin overdose in 1999 and Dwayne Goodrich homicide of 3 good samaritans in 2003 but compare that to the successes and the challenges involved and it stands on its own merits. I would also add that both of those tragedies came in the year following their departure from the roster. Those tragedies would have been best handled with more hands on and not less.

Once you get past the nonstarter of banning him for life there are fewer places for him to go and get his career back on track. The Haley comparison is particularly apt as he has been diagnosed bipolar and a history of violent coercive behavior. He never had a meltdown and the Cowboys have kept them close. The solution is not to ostracize and shun these people. Negative reinforcement is one thing but the solution is better found in working with them to make them better people.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Jerry needs to make this happen now, after dinner Jerry has the Hospital open a special unit to give him the PHYSICAL tonight and sign him. Make it happen Jerry and make it happen now. Cowboy fans are going off the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.