News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

btcutter

Reaction score
How many posts on this thread before Hardy either signs or leaves Dallas??

I call POST # 2573

SinCityMex

angry1
Reaction score
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/03/17/greg-hardy-to-visit-cowboys-tuesday/

DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – Free agent defensive end Greg Hardy will visit Valley Ranch on Tuesday, Stephen Jones tells 105.3 The Fan.

Jones tells The Fan that the Cowboys are bringing the former Panthers DE to Valley Ranch with the intention of signing him.

Mike Fisher reported yesterday that the Cowboys have “hit accelerator” and are negotiating with the former Pro Bowler.

Hardy was the Panthers’ franchise-tagged player a year ago after recording 15 sacks in 2013, and at 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds and just 26 years old, is an ideal cure to what ails the Dallas defense.

* This is a developing story. Stay with CBSDFW.com and 105.3 The Fan for updates.

This guy is monster. We get him and Rolando back we are hard hitting nasty defense.

Ken

Reaction score

mattjames2010

Reaction score

This is one thing I NEVER listen to from a reporter, contract before it is signed. They have absolutely no idea what the contract will be, they have no inside information unless some ******* leaked it. You have the Jones family, Hardy's agent, or Hardy himself. None of them I think would tell Hill.

That's why he said "most likely", he has no idea; just thinks he does.

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
I think at the very least it has to be set up similiar to Meltons deal. Make it essentially a deal where you can get out of it if somethings happens or you have the option to keep him if he produces.

Something like 4-5 mil in 2015 and it could escalate to 8-9 mil in 2016 and 2017 if the cowboys want to keep him.

It's a win win for everyone involved

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
guys, the more I think about it, the more I want this ball rolling. After Hardy, let's go get this superbowl with AP. This team only has about 2 years left with a MVP level type QB.

Championships arn't won in the offseason but I'm just foaming at the mouth thinking about this offense and AP running behind it. Go get Hardy and AP.

I've had the same thoughts tonight. Yeah, AP is 30. So freaking what. We could potentially win back to back Super Bowls.

endersdragon

Reaction score
one year deal? That would be very disappointing if true

He likely doesn't want more than a year. His value will likely never be lower than it is right now. The good news is, we have a ****load of money to spend next year and other than Dez and Crawford (who will both likely be signed long term soon), we aren't losing any starters, so it's likely we will just resign him or possibly even franchise him next year.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I've had the same thoughts tonight. Yeah, AP is 30. So freaking what. We could potentially win back to back Super Bowls.

AP is 30, and ran for 1,266 yards his last full season (2 years ago). He however still wants to be played like he just finished his 2012 season and the Vikings don't want to get rid of him without some compensation (which it sounds like the Cards are willing to give). AP is probably not coming to Dallas.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We potentially sign one big FA, now people want more.

It's a sure way to disappoint yourself, folks. Unless you're an Eagles fan, they want to sign everyone on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.