News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
This is one thing I NEVER listen to from a reporter, contract before it is signed. They have absolutely no idea what the contract will be, they have no inside information unless some ******* leaked it. You have the Jones family, Hardy's agent, or Hardy himself. None of them I think would tell Hill.

That's why he said "most likely", he has no idea; just thinks he does.

I agree with you, but this does make sense.

It allows the Cowboys to see how he fits in and performs after having played only one game last season. And it allows Hardy to put his potential suspension behind him, be a good citizen and hopefully play at the level he was at before he was placed on the exempt list and command a long term contract with a big payday.

Hopefully if this deal gets done it will be an incentive laden contract with windows open for the Cowboys to lock him up on say a 4 or 5 year extension if all pans out. Ideally you would want to get him on the cheap now over x amount of years but Rosenhaus knows his potential and is going to want to reopen the market for him if all goes well for him this season. On the other hand the Cowboys have to protect themselves in the event things go sour.

If we do sign him on a 1 year, and decide to extend him long-term in the future, it will be interesting to see how we structure both he and Dez moving forward while continuing our pursuit of a cap-friendly environment.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Gurley doesn't have the stamina to be a great RB in the NFL. Ever see how he looks after 10-11 carries? He's the bust of the draft is my prediction.

Go with Gordon, Coleman, or Yeldon.

I don't know if we ended up with Gordon I'd still be dancin in the street.
This is a excited board today

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Wait... where is 13.1 coming from?

That was his salary this year under the franchise tag with CAR. If DAL tagged him it would count as the second time even though it was different teams. He would be owed 120% of his salary or the DE tag rate(13.1m), whichever is higher

endersdragon

Reaction score
That was his salary this year under the franchise tag with CAR. If DAL tagged him it would count as the second time even though it was different teams. He would be owed 120% of his salary or the DE tag rate(13.1m), whichever is higher

Oh okay... I always thought that only happened with consecutive franchise tags but makes sense I suppose.

USMarineVet

Reaction score

Isn't there a provision that requires him to actually play more than one game for the tag to count? If there isn't, there should be. I know that's some fine print stuff there but somebody's getting hosed on that deal.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
#krakenswag

10002958_1058870540795960_6165108668753481173_n.jpg

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Isn't there a provision that requires him to actually play more than one game for the tag to count? If there isn't, there should be. I know that's some fine print stuff there but somebody's getting hosed on that deal.

Didn't he play one game last year?

mldardy

Reaction score
Gurley doesn't have the stamina to be a great RB in the NFL. Ever see how he looks after 10-11 carries? He's the bust of the draft is my prediction.

Go with Gordon, Coleman, or Yeldon.

I agree. I am not getting the big deal about Gurley. I think Coleman will be the best back in this draft when we look back on it.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Didn't he play one game last year?

Yeah.. That's what I'm saying.. My point is.... let's pretend he did play the whole season last year. There's no guarantee that he would have performed equally or better than he did the previous 2 seasons. Hence, how does he merit an increase on his second tag when he only played one game on the first? -smh

Idk.. fuzzy math to me. I don't foresee this situation ever happening, but if it does and there isn't a rule in place regarding how many games a player has to play in order for the tag to be effective, I'm sure it will be revisited by the rules committee once all the hubbub starts.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Hey could someone repost that Vince McMahon gif with goodells face on his... cant find it and thought it was hilarious

thanks.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
"It’s just the Kraken," Hardy said. "Mystical. It’s where he lives at."

I told him he may* be mixing his stories. The Kraken is a mythical sea creature and Hogwarts is from a series of J.K Rowling fantasy novels.

"I can do whatever I want," he said. "I’m the Kraken. If you feel like you can ask the Kraken personally where he goes to school at, and prove me wrong, then I feel like I’ll change it."

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers...s-sunday-night-football-introduction.htmlhtml

I think I'm in love.

MrMavsMan

Reaction score
AP was a great RB and will be for a couple more years Gurley will be a great RB for seven or eight more years

noone really knows this, I remmeber everyone said trent richardson woudl be the exact same and then everyone made fun of the browns for making that trade at first and look at t-rich, 3rd overall pick and being labeled a bust.

waving monkey

Reaction score
noone really knows this, I remmeber everyone said trent richardson woudl be the exact same and then everyone made fun of the browns for making that trade at first and look at t-rich, 3rd overall pick and being labeled a bust.

no question about that but thats the nature of the game
that doesn't change AP and his window

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I pray to the Football Gods that we will sign Hardy and has a star on his helmet. Best news I've heard all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.