Greg Williams signs 3 year extension *merged*

KINGGIBBS

Reaction score
Double said:
Commanders fans are the most delusional fans in the NFL. Go to that ES board and see how they are all glorifying Snyder like he is God. They have done a complete 180 and now thinks he is the best owner in the NFL. True, nothing against Snyder because i believe an owner should spend to better the team but Snyder has screwed up their salary cap by the ridiculous contracts he has doled out.

You're the one that's delusional. ALOT of 'Skins fans were getting tired of Snyder's antics. He saved face by bringing back Joe Gibbs. He now has made an attempt to provide continuity and chemistry to this franchise. Snyder has taken his lumps and justifiably criticized. He has stopped meddling and let the "football" people run the football aspects of the organization. That's all I can ask for in an owner.

kartr

Reaction score
KINGGIBBS said:
You're the one that's delusional. ALOT of 'Skins fans were getting tired of Snyder's antics. He saved face by bringing back Joe Gibbs. He now has made an attempt to provide continuity and chemistry to this franchise. Snyder has taken his lumps and justifiably criticized. He has stopped meddling and let the "football" people run the football aspects of the organization. That's all I can ask for in an owner.

Congrats. I couldn't agree with you more. I have so much respect for Gibbs and Williams and feel that your team is on their way. I think this sucks for Cowboy's fans in the short run, but in the long run, maybe getting swept by the Skins again next year will wake up Cowboy management on their qb selections.
A couple of questions though. Is there a feeling that Brunell can play at a high level again next year or is he about done? He looks great to me, but I don't know how many more years he might have. Also, what is the feeling on Jason Campbell's progress,do they feel that he will beat out Ramsey next year or is Ramsey making good progress?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. I've been hearing the Skins are in CAP hell for a few years now....hasn't happened yet.
They keep avoiding the serious problems by trading or cutting huge contracts that don't seem to hurt them as a team.

2. This may come as a shock to some of you, but not every coach in the NFL actually lives and dies to be a Head Coach.
Williams may be a guy who's been there, done that, and is actually happy with his current position.

Reaction score
Williams did say that he wants to be a HC in the future, however it would have to be the right set of circumstances not only for him, but also for his family. He says he loves working with the people around him now and is soley focused on bringing a Super Bowl to Washington. Gotta hand it to the Danny for showing him the money, though.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
kartr said:
Congrats. I couldn't agree with you more. I have so much respect for Gibbs and Williams and feel that your team is on their way. I think this sucks for Cowboy's fans in the short run, but in the long run, maybe getting swept by the Skins again next year will wake up Cowboy management on their qb selections.
A couple of questions though. Is there a feeling that Brunell can play at a high level again next year or is he about done? He looks great to me, but I don't know how many more years he might have. Also, what is the feeling on Jason Campbell's progress,do they feel that he will beat out Ramsey next year or is Ramsey making good progress?

just speaking as one Commanders fan here, but this is a grouping of what I have heard from Extremeskins.com....

is there a feeling mark brunell can play at a high level?

well, there are mixed emotions about that. some people are a little dilusional that they think brunell will be able to stay youthful, and that his knees arn't going to be a problem. I, however, think that he will digress a little bit, but still be at good QB NEXT YEAR, but not after that. ALSO, remember that the skins are just now getting thier running game back up to the level that gibbs wanted it to be. With our o-line staying put, and continuing to gel, you would have to think that the running game will play even more of a role next year. Brunell's role will probably be decreased a little bit next year, so a little bit of a decrease in play wouldn't kill us.

how do you feel about campbells progess?

well, theres not much talk about campbell around the boards, but, from what has been heard, he is going slowly in his progress. from someone who has been able to see him practice and evaluate him, they have said that he is moving along very slow in his adaptation to the NFL. that he is having troubles grasping NFL playbooks. hopfully this will change over time, and he will develop to the player that he drafted him to be.