Greg Zuerlein lost this game

doomsday808

Reaction score
There were a number of factors that contributed in this heartbreaking loss. Greg's leg was one of them. Also take a look at the Pass interference calls. Those were frustrating.

Reactions: BAT

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Meh..... no one is blaming him for missing a 59 yard field goal. But having to worry about XPs?

To put it in perspective, only 2 kickers with 20 or more XP Attempts this year have a worse XP completion % than Z, and at least half the league's kickers have only missed 1 or 0 XPs, compared to Z's three missed XPs.

A lot of mistakes out there, and always a team effort, but I think you can say he cost the game on this one. All he has to do his make his XPs and we win the game instead of going into OT.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The missed extra point was a difference maker. Even Romo mentioned it after the miss. He said sometimes that can come back and bite you. And it did..
It was a huge miss. Greg the Leg can mash it but he is wildly inconsistent. Not what you want in a K.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The missed extra point was a difference maker. Even Romo mentioned it after the miss. He said sometimes that can come back and bite you. And it did..
Missed extra point and the stupid 2 point try ( getting cute ) after the extra point penalty , 2 points ,could have made a difference .

of course , it wouldnt have mattered if refs extending plays gor raiders - countless 3rd downs converted by penalties and our own D’s inability, Also if the offense played up to potential and put points on board earlier …

i M rambling

glimmerman

Reaction score
Missed extra point and the stupid 2 point try ( getting cute ) after the extra point penalty , 2 points ,could have made a difference .

of course , it wouldnt have mattered if refs extending plays gor raiders - countless 3rd downs converted by penalties and our own D’s inability, Also if the offense played up to potential and put points on board earlier …

i M rambling
Our Defense shocked me by playing that bad. After the chiefs game. I figured we would blow them out or hold them to 17 points or less. I know the refs gave them a few TDs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
that kicker who kicked nothing but xps in atl, never even kicked fg yet and hes the answer??you think street guys available now are better and really id say hes above average just not great...
The guy hit all his kicks. Greg always looks like he is gonna miss. Only a few kickers worse at kicking extra points. I know there are more kickers missing them since they moved it back. It’s not a chip shot anymore. How long are they now. 35 yards.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
this isnt in your title lol ??
This was a team loss, not just on the kicker or dak etc.
It starts with Jerry and his boys, and then the coaches, then the players.
Pollard played great and so did parsons,and well shultz too, but aside from them the team played poorly, and coaching was bad game mgmt was bad.

and about GZ, the ST coach wanted him over the guy we had, so he is to blame also.

The title of this thread was changed by the magistrates and highborn of this website.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
HUH he missed one XP or did i miss something he lost this game over that i point?

utterly ridiculous. Long winded overreaction and wasted thread about kicker who didn't actually lose the game.
so all the xps and fgs he did make dont count.??

the defense and refs ruined this game..

This league is a what have you done for me lately. Jaylon should educate all here that this is how it works. But the Jaylon example also should educated all that Jones is slow to pull the trigger. I suppose sometimes that's good. But then most times with Jerry that isn't bad.

If you didn't like the thread you have two options. One is to not read it6. The second is to put me on ignore.

But as far as over reaction, have you actually read this board today? That was rhetorical, by the way.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I agree about the extra point but again other kickers miss those.

This season Greg has missed (5) under 40 yards or less. In two of our four losses to date those points, typically guaranteed points, was the differential in a win or a loss.

No one in their right mind would debate the missed 59 yarder. It's the PATs that hurt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Perhaps you're just too insensitive and overly arrogant to think it's OK to call people ignorant . . . has that crossed your mind?
Is this you, self-identifying yourself as ignorant? Have you ever considered the suffering that normal people go through when ignorant folks inflict themselves upon us normal folks? We try to tolerate ignorance but everyone has their breaking point.

Illiniferret

Reaction score
GZ's missed extra point was made up for by the 2pt conversion that we wouldn't have went for if he had made it so no points change. If you want to say he lost the game by doinking a 59 yd field goal off the upright I don't think you will gain much traction around the league.,

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have read many of the tear stained threads about this loss. I have perused the cursing, blaming, giving up, fatalistic comments by so many who want to blame everyone.

But not one whiff about the guy who actually lost the game.

Penalties? I hate them, and I think Dallas got jobbed a couple of times. The fact a defender can have his back to the QB as the ball comes in and the receiver just stops running, causing the defender to bump him, and this is a penalty, reminds me of basketball where the man with the ball leaps into the defender, pretending to take a shot, and the defender is at fault.

This rule is the same steaming pile of bull nuggets that falls from a tall bull's butt. The person initiating the contact should be the aggressor. This is the league thinking high scoring games are all the fans want, ignoring the fans want a game called fairly, and the rule not favor one side more than the other.

But that did not lose this game.

The replacements for two pro bowl receivers showed why these guys are not ready for prime time. No team respects them, because they need the real playmakers on the field so these guys can somewhat shine and get open.

But they did not lose the game.

Regardless of what you think about Dak, he has to have a somewhat clean pocket, and not those beasts crashing through the line like it was tissue paper. One play in the fourth quarter, Martin pulled out and headed to the second level as the line moved left. Collins was left on a island with two defenders. He took the one on his right. The tackle for the Raiders rans right at Dak who had to throw before he was ready. He couldn't get enough on it from huis back foot. Being rushed and throwing before he was ready happened all day. And even then he brought the team back to force an overtime.

But Dak did not lose this game.

Taking the point off the scoreboard and going for two was a great play by the linebacker. When they do something like this and it works, I don't see many here complaining about that. And even Romo said the play was one they felt would work. But sometimes the other team just makes a play.

Yet that decision did not lose this game.

This was not poor time management by McCarthy. Fact is, he played the last two minutes or so of regulation exactly the way they should have. The defense made a play and the offense drove to tie. That seems to be ignored by most here.

But McCarthy did not lose this game.

This comes down to Greg Offline and the points he missed. He has shown he cannot be trusted. This was not a windy field where the ball sails. This was bad kicks.

But even then, if you know your dog has fleas, you can't blame your dog. You blame the person who didn't take care of the dog. The one who didn't get rid of the problem.

So in a way, Greg Offline did not lose this game.

This comes down to Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and the front office.

I can't imagine there is one fan on this board, or one MOD, or one Admin, or even the trolls that come here - some swearing they are Cowboy fans but rejoice when the team loses because they think that makes their vitriol correct - not one of those guys doesn't understand Greg Offline cannot be trusted.

The front office saw in the Tampa Bay game that Greg Offline would lose for them by missing kicks. Give him an opportunity in a close game and he will lose. The Special Teams coach cannot just go out and hire a better kicker on his own. This comes down to the front office ignoring that Greg Offline will spit the bit. Shate the bed.

Every game this team faces in the NFL has a potential of the opponent winning. The Raiders have a really decent QB and evidently an offensive line that can give him time to hit his receivers. The defense played poorly, primarily because Dallas could not get a pass rush going other than The Parsonator.

I have said this for a very long time. NO pass rush, no pass defense. Nothing was more evident yesterday. And since you have a starting DT, and both starting DE's sitting in street clothes watching this game, there was nothing going, other than The Parsonator, which was going to crash through the offensive line of the Raiders.

But even that was not why the team lost.

This team lost in spite of the special teams run back. This team lost because the kicker cannot do his job.

This team lost because Jerry Jones, who thinks he is part of the coaching staff the way he gives press conferences like he wears a whistle to practice, decided to trust Greg Offline. Evidently Skeletor looked out at the team from his box, and seemed to think he knew better than what even fans on this board knew for a fact.

Get a new kicker before you close games to a guy that cannot be trusted. But he knew better, didn't he?

Jerry Jones lost this game. Jerry Jones, The Impersonator, is the reason this team lost this game.
Agreed. :clap:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's not inconceivable to give up 36 points without two of your best pass rushers and...
it's not inconceivable to only put up 26 offensive points when you're missing your two best receivers, and...
it's not inconceivable to only rush for 64 yards when teams are loading up to stop the run, knowing your two best receivers are out...
but the special teams, although they scored a TD for the team, was mainly a disaster yesterday, and you can't have that.

Missed extra point
Pollard constantly taking the ball out of the end zone putting the ball at the 15 or 19 vs the 25.
Penalties due to Pollard taking the ball out of the end zone, and sometimes just ST penalties altogether.

Now, while I'm at it, let me discuss this for a second. My hypothesis on MM and the front office with injuries is that they are holding guys back
to insure availability down the stretch. The hottest and healthiest teams usually win the chip, and not the team with the best record. Example below... how many teams had better records than the actual Super Bowl champs in the last 3 years?

6 teams had better records than the Bucs in 2020
4 teams had better records than the Chiefs in 2019
5 teams had better records than the Pats in 2018

The team that is the healthiest, the hottest, and plays pretty good damn defense usually wins the Title, and not necessarily the team with the best record. So forget the 7-4, hope that this team gets healthy and starts playing good offense, great defense, and average special teams down the stretch.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been saying it since Week 1...

Greg Zuerlein is a problem and will continue to cost this team games, critical close games, which will affect this team throughout the season and the playoffs.

Choosing Greg Zuerlein over Lirim Hajrullahu is beyond stupid. It is inexcusable and downright stubbornly ignorant. Hard headed mules in charge of this team think they know better when they don't. If they truly want to win, they would get rid of Zuerlein and bring Hajrullahu back for good. The results would be so much better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The guy hit all his kicks. Greg always looks like he is gonna miss. Only a few kickers worse at kicking extra points. I know there are more kickers missing them since they moved it back. It’s not a chip shot anymore. How long are they now. 35 yards.
NO FGS! NO PRESSURE situations and Greg has hit all his 4th qtr kicks and really all the kicks that truly either tied game late to force ot and to win game..got it..hes above average for kickers, sure not top 5 but that means 25 other teams are in our situation or worse..it can be much worse 2 of his missed kicks were 60 and 59 they should even have asked him to kick those they dont count. Its the hail Mary desperation kick..

you realize it the same way with all positions. Tell me all those elite kickers who are available to all 32 teams,
easy they are not..Gregs a good kicker and not costing us games yet..no0t seen one game where you can truly say his miss lost the game.

ive said this beofre let me know when Dak goers 20-20 and pays prefect game week in ansd week out with No turnovers and what not, name one payer that lays perfect game at their positob..name them? name one perfectly coached game with no mistake, name me a wr that goes without one drop or missed assignment, name me one defensemen that makes every tackle ******!

this gd team all over since the bye has made mistakes at every level and all you got in whining about the kickers mistakes? diggs is star here but makes as many mistakes or more that cost us mistakes. I saw 70 Martin make some big mistakes the last few games maybe we need to replace every player who makes mistakes, no prefect game you out!! stupid BS narratives around here..you all are way overreacting to Greggs minor hiccups.,.

you are are delusional period end of story no ones perfect..

blueblood70

Reaction score
This league is a what have you done for me lately. Jaylon should educate all here that this is how it works. But the Jaylon example also should educated all that Jones is slow to pull the trigger. I suppose sometimes that's good. But then most times with Jerry that isn't bad.

If you didn't like the thread you have two options. One is to not read it6. The second is to put me on ignore.

But as far as over reaction, have you actually read this board today? That was rhetorical, by the way.
and ill do my best to point out ignorant overactive positions,,....
.they want to vent, ill go vent with the best of them right back at ignorant posts..

want some overreactions ill throw a bunch up the all over dumb threads..:angry::popcorn:

rambo2

Reaction score
The missed extra point was huge, but they did come back and had a good chance of winning in overtime. It looked like they were going to pull it out after the Parsons's sack made it 3rd and 18.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I have read many of the tear stained threads about this loss. I have perused the cursing, blaming, giving up, fatalistic comments by so many who want to blame everyone.

But not one whiff about the guy who actually lost the game.

Penalties? I hate them, and I think Dallas got jobbed a couple of times. The fact a defender can have his back to the QB as the ball comes in and the receiver just stops running, causing the defender to bump him, and this is a penalty, reminds me of basketball where the man with the ball leaps into the defender, pretending to take a shot, and the defender is at fault.

This rule is the same steaming pile of bull nuggets that falls from a tall bull's butt. The person initiating the contact should be the aggressor. This is the league thinking high scoring games are all the fans want, ignoring the fans want a game called fairly, and the rule not favor one side more than the other.

But that did not lose this game.

The replacements for two pro bowl receivers showed why these guys are not ready for prime time. No team respects them, because they need the real playmakers on the field so these guys can somewhat shine and get open.

But they did not lose the game.

Regardless of what you think about Dak, he has to have a somewhat clean pocket, and not those beasts crashing through the line like it was tissue paper. One play in the fourth quarter, Martin pulled out and headed to the second level as the line moved left. Collins was left on a island with two defenders. He took the one on his right. The tackle for the Raiders rans right at Dak who had to throw before he was ready. He couldn't get enough on it from huis back foot. Being rushed and throwing before he was ready happened all day. And even then he brought the team back to force an overtime.

But Dak did not lose this game.

Taking the point off the scoreboard and going for two was a great play by the linebacker. When they do something like this and it works, I don't see many here complaining about that. And even Romo said the play was one they felt would work. But sometimes the other team just makes a play.

Yet that decision did not lose this game.

This was not poor time management by McCarthy. Fact is, he played the last two minutes or so of regulation exactly the way they should have. The defense made a play and the offense drove to tie. That seems to be ignored by most here.

But McCarthy did not lose this game.

This comes down to Greg Offline and the points he missed. He has shown he cannot be trusted. This was not a windy field where the ball sails. This was bad kicks.

But even then, if you know your dog has fleas, you can't blame your dog. You blame the person who didn't take care of the dog. The one who didn't get rid of the problem.

So in a way, Greg Offline did not lose this game.

This comes down to Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and the front office.

I can't imagine there is one fan on this board, or one MOD, or one Admin, or even the trolls that come here - some swearing they are Cowboy fans but rejoice when the team loses because they think that makes their vitriol correct - not one of those guys doesn't understand Greg Offline cannot be trusted.

The front office saw in the Tampa Bay game that Greg Offline would lose for them by missing kicks. Give him an opportunity in a close game and he will lose. The Special Teams coach cannot just go out and hire a better kicker on his own. This comes down to the front office ignoring that Greg Offline will spit the bit. Shate the bed.

Every game this team faces in the NFL has a potential of the opponent winning. The Raiders have a really decent QB and evidently an offensive line that can give him time to hit his receivers. The defense played poorly, primarily because Dallas could not get a pass rush going other than The Parsonator.

I have said this for a very long time. NO pass rush, no pass defense. Nothing was more evident yesterday. And since you have a starting DT, and both starting DE's sitting in street clothes watching this game, there was nothing going, other than The Parsonator, which was going to crash through the offensive line of the Raiders.

But even that was not why the team lost.

This team lost in spite of the special teams run back. This team lost because the kicker cannot do his job.

This team lost because Jerry Jones, who thinks he is part of the coaching staff the way he gives press conferences like he wears a whistle to practice, decided to trust Greg Offline. Evidently Skeletor looked out at the team from his box, and seemed to think he knew better than what even fans on this board knew for a fact.

Get a new kicker before you close games to a guy that cannot be trusted. But he knew better, didn't he?

Jerry Jones lost this game. Jerry Jones, The Impersonator, is the reason this team lost this game.

Jerry lost this game by allowing to let Zeurlein back. He should not have done that.

Time to cut our losses and cut him. He lost us this game and the Tampa game. I don't know why he is still with this team.