Greg Zuerlein lost this game

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's not the only reason we lost, but Greg did contribute. We need more consistency with our kicker. Our D was tired in the second 30 because our O was sluggish out the gate. The good news is, we should get most our weapons back against the Saints, so that should help us. I think we should win that game with the weapons we'll be getting back including potentially Gregory and DLaw.

^^^ Absolutely agree with this. Coop and Lamb being out had a huge impact on this game. Whenever the camera angle allowed for it, I could see that WRs were simply not getting open. It really makes it hard when you're having to cycle through your reads every single play and your line is an absolute turnstile. Dak is a good QB, but in my opinion he is not good enough to light it up with a replacement level receiving corp. The 3 starting D linemen being out was very visible as well. With Randy on the other side of Parsons I guarantee a few of those big plays don't happen because Carr is getting flushed.

Lots of people around here are really underestimating the impact of these injuries. We are missing 4 pro bowlers right now at premium positions. I think the Saints have the potential to be a nice bounce back game. Siemian is a bad qb (although last time we played him in 2017 he destroyed us!!!), they are dinged up, and they are in worse of a funk than us. If we can get to 8-4 and stop the bleeding it will give us a chance to reset and focus in for then stretch run as we get our injured reinforcements back.

glimmerman

Reaction score
NO FGS! NO PRESSURE situations and Greg has hit all his 4th qtr kicks and really all the kicks that truly either tied game late to force ot and to win game..got it..hes above average for kickers, sure not top 5 but that means 25 other teams are in our situation or worse..it can be much worse 2 of his missed kicks were 60 and 59 they should even have asked him to kick those they dont count. Its the hail Mary desperation kick..

you realize it the same way with all positions. Tell me all those elite kickers who are available to all 32 teams,
easy they are not..Gregs a good kicker and not costing us games yet..no0t seen one game where you can truly say his miss lost the game.

ive said this beofre let me know when Dak goers 20-20 and pays prefect game week in ansd week out with No turnovers and what not, name one payer that lays perfect game at their positob..name them? name one perfectly coached game with no mistake, name me a wr that goes without one drop or missed assignment, name me one defensemen that makes every tackle ******!

this gd team all over since the bye has made mistakes at every level and all you got in whining about the kickers mistakes? diggs is star here but makes as many mistakes or more that cost us mistakes. I saw 70 Martin make some big mistakes the last few games maybe we need to replace every player who makes mistakes, no prefect game you out!! stupid BS narratives around here..you all are way overreacting to Greggs minor hiccups.,.

you are are delusional period end of story no ones perfect..
Wow. You must be related to Greg. Kool. He is average at best. Probly ranked around 15 or so. If he keeps missing extra points then the ST coach won’t be able to save him.. If the staff didn’t think he could make the kicks then they would punt or go for it. He has the leg power. He had a surgery, maybe it’s effecting his kicking. Kicker are a different breed. I miss some of our old kickers. Ice man. Extra point kicks you could go to the bathroom or get a drink..

glimmerman

Reaction score
The missed extra point was huge, but they did come back and had a good chance of winning in overtime. It looked like they were going to pull it out after the Parsons's sack made it 3rd and 18.
Was a sweet play.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I've been saying it since Week 1...

Greg Zuerlein is a problem and will continue to cost this team games, critical close games, which will affect this team throughout the season and the playoffs.

Choosing Greg Zuerlein over Lirim Hajrullahu is beyond stupid. It is inexcusable and downright stubbornly ignorant. Hard headed mules in charge of this team think they know better when they don't. If they truly want to win, they would get rid of Zuerlein and bring Hajrullahu back for good. The results would be so much better.
JERRY likes guys with names, reps, so he likes GZ. On top of that the ST coach want GZ much like mike wanted and kept Nolan.
So unless he gets really bad or blows one in the playoffs, they wont get rid of him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
^^^ Absolutely agree with this. Coop and Lamb being out had a huge impact on this game. Whenever the camera angle allowed for it, I could see that WRs were simply not getting open. It really makes it hard when you're having to cycle through your reads every single play and your line is an absolute turnstile. Dak is a good QB, but in my opinion he is not good enough to light it up with a replacement level receiving corp. The 3 starting D linemen being out was very visible as well. With Randy on the other side of Parsons I guarantee a few of those big plays don't happen because Carr is getting flushed.

Lots of people around here are really underestimating the impact of these injuries. We are missing 4 pro bowlers right now at premium positions. I think the Saints have the potential to be a nice bounce back game. Siemian is a bad qb (although last time we played him in 2017 he destroyed us!!!), they are dinged up, and they are in worse of a funk than us. If we can get to 8-4 and stop the bleeding it will give us a chance to reset and focus in for then stretch run as we get our injured reinforcements back.

I think Dak is a bit better than you think. That said, I mean, I'd imagine all but maybe 3 QBs in the league could succeed without any o the key WRs we use. I mean, penalties and missing the many players we had would make things much more tricky.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Dak is a bit better than you think. That said, I mean, I'd imagine all but maybe 3 QBs in the league could succeed without any o the key WRs we use. I mean, penalties and missing the many players we had would make things much more tricky.

Perhaps you are correct. Either way we can certainly agree that being down your #1 and #2 receivers hurts when you don't have serviceable starters behind them on the roster. The many posters that seem to think injuries of that magnitude should have no impact are just not thinking logically.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have read many of the tear stained threads about this loss. I have perused the cursing, blaming, giving up, fatalistic comments by so many who want to blame everyone.

But not one whiff about the guy who actually lost the game.

Penalties? I hate them, and I think Dallas got jobbed a couple of times. The fact a defender can have his back to the QB as the ball comes in and the receiver just stops running, causing the defender to bump him, and this is a penalty, reminds me of basketball where the man with the ball leaps into the defender, pretending to take a shot, and the defender is at fault.

This rule is the same steaming pile of bull nuggets that falls from a tall bull's butt. The person initiating the contact should be the aggressor. This is the league thinking high scoring games are all the fans want, ignoring the fans want a game called fairly, and the rule not favor one side more than the other.

But that did not lose this game.

The replacements for two pro bowl receivers showed why these guys are not ready for prime time. No team respects them, because they need the real playmakers on the field so these guys can somewhat shine and get open.

But they did not lose the game.

Regardless of what you think about Dak, he has to have a somewhat clean pocket, and not those beasts crashing through the line like it was tissue paper. One play in the fourth quarter, Martin pulled out and headed to the second level as the line moved left. Collins was left on a island with two defenders. He took the one on his right. The tackle for the Raiders rans right at Dak who had to throw before he was ready. He couldn't get enough on it from huis back foot. Being rushed and throwing before he was ready happened all day. And even then he brought the team back to force an overtime.

But Dak did not lose this game.

Taking the point off the scoreboard and going for two was a great play by the linebacker. When they do something like this and it works, I don't see many here complaining about that. And even Romo said the play was one they felt would work. But sometimes the other team just makes a play.

Yet that decision did not lose this game.

This was not poor time management by McCarthy. Fact is, he played the last two minutes or so of regulation exactly the way they should have. The defense made a play and the offense drove to tie. That seems to be ignored by most here.

But McCarthy did not lose this game.

This comes down to Greg Offline and the points he missed. He has shown he cannot be trusted. This was not a windy field where the ball sails. This was bad kicks.

But even then, if you know your dog has fleas, you can't blame your dog. You blame the person who didn't take care of the dog. The one who didn't get rid of the problem.

So in a way, Greg Offline did not lose this game.

This comes down to Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and the front office.

I can't imagine there is one fan on this board, or one MOD, or one Admin, or even the trolls that come here - some swearing they are Cowboy fans but rejoice when the team loses because they think that makes their vitriol correct - not one of those guys doesn't understand Greg Offline cannot be trusted.

The front office saw in the Tampa Bay game that Greg Offline would lose for them by missing kicks. Give him an opportunity in a close game and he will lose. The Special Teams coach cannot just go out and hire a better kicker on his own. This comes down to the front office ignoring that Greg Offline will spit the bit. Shate the bed.

Every game this team faces in the NFL has a potential of the opponent winning. The Raiders have a really decent QB and evidently an offensive line that can give him time to hit his receivers. The defense played poorly, primarily because Dallas could not get a pass rush going other than The Parsonator.

I have said this for a very long time. NO pass rush, no pass defense. Nothing was more evident yesterday. And since you have a starting DT, and both starting DE's sitting in street clothes watching this game, there was nothing going, other than The Parsonator, which was going to crash through the offensive line of the Raiders.

But even that was not why the team lost.

This team lost in spite of the special teams run back. This team lost because the kicker cannot do his job.

This team lost because Jerry Jones, who thinks he is part of the coaching staff the way he gives press conferences like he wears a whistle to practice, decided to trust Greg Offline. Evidently Skeletor looked out at the team from his box, and seemed to think he knew better than what even fans on this board knew for a fact.

Get a new kicker before you close games to a guy that cannot be trusted. But he knew better, didn't he?

Jerry Jones lost this game. Jerry Jones, The Impersonator, is the reason this team lost this game.

I refuse to read about a kicker...he lost the cowboys some games.

JBond

Reaction score
I get both sides of the argument here. Yes, Zuerlein didn't technically lose us the game, but he sure did cost us. 4 points to be exact. And fine, the percentage of making a 59 yard FG is pretty low. Hard to hate on him for that. However, that 1 point ended up being a huge difference and had the Cowboys on their heels the entire game because of that 1 point.

And sure, everybody has bad games, but how many have we seen from him this season? He just can't be trusted.
It is a challenge I expect leadership to address. Cut a special teams guy and sign me for extra points.

I got this Jerry!

He can buy into a feel good story of a guy taking off a suit and kicking simple freaking kicks.

Jerry/Stephen... give me a call.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Perhaps you are correct. Either way we can certainly agree being down your #1 and #2 receivers hurts when you don't have serviceable starters behind them on the roster.

Exactly. I mean, I'd imagine he had to try to adjust a couple things to accommodate the other WRs when he probably has spots to where he and Coop and CeeDee know to go. It's unwise to discount the power and importance of chemistry between QBs and WRs. As to the defence, part of the reason Diggs was as good as he was earlier imo was due to Gregory breathing down the necks of the QB. They then had to try to force the ball playing to his strengths. I think that's why we are in the funk we are. Yes, the expectations need to be upped when we're doing well. Though, when you're down that many key pieces that we were (not counting the stripes) I think the expectations should be similarly tempered.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This team is off balance right now. I mean, think about this. Our offensive line couldn't create enough push to give our RBs room most of the day, AND, it's pretty interesting that Joe Philbin, our Oline coach, wasn't there to guide this offensive line due to Covid. We've gotta get this **** fixed and fast, and I'm talking about injures and covid related issues.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This team is off balance right now. I mean, think about this. Our offensive line couldn't create enough push to give our RBs room most of the day, AND, it's pretty interesting that Joe Philbin, our Oline coach, wasn't there to guide this offensive line due to Covid. We've gotta get this **** fixed and fast, and I'm talking about injures and covid related issues.

I think they will. I think a big reason's been the lack o key players. I think the team chemistry has been a bit jolted with the missing pieces. I expect it to return against the Saints.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I have read many of the tear stained threads about this loss. I have perused the cursing, blaming, giving up, fatalistic comments by so many who want to blame everyone.

But not one whiff about the guy who actually lost the game.

Penalties? I hate them, and I think Dallas got jobbed a couple of times. The fact a defender can have his back to the QB as the ball comes in and the receiver just stops running, causing the defender to bump him, and this is a penalty, reminds me of basketball where the man with the ball leaps into the defender, pretending to take a shot, and the defender is at fault.

This rule is the same steaming pile of bull nuggets that falls from a tall bull's butt. The person initiating the contact should be the aggressor. This is the league thinking high scoring games are all the fans want, ignoring the fans want a game called fairly, and the rule not favor one side more than the other.

But that did not lose this game.

The replacements for two pro bowl receivers showed why these guys are not ready for prime time. No team respects them, because they need the real playmakers on the field so these guys can somewhat shine and get open.

But they did not lose the game.

Regardless of what you think about Dak, he has to have a somewhat clean pocket, and not those beasts crashing through the line like it was tissue paper. One play in the fourth quarter, Martin pulled out and headed to the second level as the line moved left. Collins was left on a island with two defenders. He took the one on his right. The tackle for the Raiders rans right at Dak who had to throw before he was ready. He couldn't get enough on it from huis back foot. Being rushed and throwing before he was ready happened all day. And even then he brought the team back to force an overtime.

But Dak did not lose this game.

Taking the point off the scoreboard and going for two was a great play by the linebacker. When they do something like this and it works, I don't see many here complaining about that. And even Romo said the play was one they felt would work. But sometimes the other team just makes a play.

Yet that decision did not lose this game.

This was not poor time management by McCarthy. Fact is, he played the last two minutes or so of regulation exactly the way they should have. The defense made a play and the offense drove to tie. That seems to be ignored by most here.

But McCarthy did not lose this game.

This comes down to Greg Offline and the points he missed. He has shown he cannot be trusted. This was not a windy field where the ball sails. This was bad kicks.

But even then, if you know your dog has fleas, you can't blame your dog. You blame the person who didn't take care of the dog. The one who didn't get rid of the problem.

So in a way, Greg Offline did not lose this game.

This comes down to Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and the front office.

I can't imagine there is one fan on this board, or one MOD, or one Admin, or even the trolls that come here - some swearing they are Cowboy fans but rejoice when the team loses because they think that makes their vitriol correct - not one of those guys doesn't understand Greg Offline cannot be trusted.

The front office saw in the Tampa Bay game that Greg Offline would lose for them by missing kicks. Give him an opportunity in a close game and he will lose. The Special Teams coach cannot just go out and hire a better kicker on his own. This comes down to the front office ignoring that Greg Offline will spit the bit. Shate the bed.

Every game this team faces in the NFL has a potential of the opponent winning. The Raiders have a really decent QB and evidently an offensive line that can give him time to hit his receivers. The defense played poorly, primarily because Dallas could not get a pass rush going other than The Parsonator.

I have said this for a very long time. NO pass rush, no pass defense. Nothing was more evident yesterday. And since you have a starting DT, and both starting DE's sitting in street clothes watching this game, there was nothing going, other than The Parsonator, which was going to crash through the offensive line of the Raiders.

But even that was not why the team lost.

This team lost in spite of the special teams run back. This team lost because the kicker cannot do his job.

This team lost because Jerry Jones, who thinks he is part of the coaching staff the way he gives press conferences like he wears a whistle to practice, decided to trust Greg Offline. Evidently Skeletor looked out at the team from his box, and seemed to think he knew better than what even fans on this board knew for a fact.

Get a new kicker before you close games to a guy that cannot be trusted. But he knew better, didn't he?

Jerry Jones lost this game. Jerry Jones, The Impersonator, is the reason this team lost this game.
This dude HAS TO BE RELEASED ASAP! Every f#$king game this idiot is costing the Boys points and after yesterday's game the cat has to go.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Either way, it would be better than what Zeke is producing.

No one would trade for Zeke. 15 million dollar blocking cheerleader. :muttley:
You know how good a healthy Zeke is he is doing ok with prolly 2 injuries he does not quit If they call his number he is going to get after it pain or no pain.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You know how good a healthy Zeke is he is doing ok with prolly 2 injuries he does not quit If they call his number he is going to get after it pain or no pain.

Yep to the tune of 2 ypc and hurting the team like he has been doing.

Zeke needs everything perfect it seems to produce. I have said it over and over. Give Pollard the ball more. And for you Zeke apologists it might actually make Zeke better as he has more time to rest in a long season.

RB by committee is the smart way to go no matter how good your back is.