Greg Zuerlein lost this game

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, and they should have started the overtime 3-0 that way we can win. no way choke dakota can win with everybody hurt. oops, that was the previous game. what was the excuse this week?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If it doesn't switch back to before the Denver game, then we weren't really a good team were we?
I am confused right now. Could be injuries or could be Dak not using his legs to extend drives. The refs crappy calls. Maybe all the above combined. We go on win streaks and makes me believe every year that this team is different than years past. Then the slump. Next we win some and win one nobody expects us to and we start to believe again. Lol.. We will see if we can get healthy and hit the playoffs..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am confused right now. Could be injuries or could be Dak not using his legs to extend drives. The refs crappy calls. Maybe all the above combined. We go on win streaks and makes me believe every year that this team is different than years past. Then the slump. Next we win some and win one nobody expects us to and we start to believe again. Lol.. We will see if we can get healthy and hit the playoffs..

I think it's a combination of that. Dak not using his legs as much (possibly tied to his calf as calf injuries can really linger), poor officiating, and injuries are a big key. Winning a championship is more than just with talent and heart, you also need luck. That's what we've been without for as long as we have been. Luck

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
How many of the Raiders' 500+ yards and 36 points were conceded by the kicker, Dak, or Zeke?
I know this is off topic, but it has been bugging me for a while. Is your avatar picture Michael Jackson?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I thought dak lost it in overtime with the bad pass when everybody needed him to be a leader and step up. did it go into double overtime, cause I didn't see this zukennia guy passing?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
And McCarthys decision making.

McCarthy took points off the board and kicking a 59 yarder was a horrible decision.
I seriously can't think of a coach as dumb as McCarthy. Ever. Maybe Switzer but he was more senile/insane and probably illiterate. And yet somehow McCarthy gets the team to play hard so I guess we have to give him some credit for that?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so they didn't start the overtime 0-0 and played it like a new game? wow. i must have missed that part.

so the leader didn't lead?

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m more confident with him at 50 than 30. For some reason he just can’t kick straight short

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Inflicted wokeness received. I hope it made you feel better to get that off your chest. I know I enjoyed it. It was precious. :p

Do you see what blaming the kicker does? It denies the reality that all the real football players are without fault. It took a mountain of failure on their behalf to get to a situation where it can all be shifted to the patsy kicker. It's just built into the system that way. Fail and then let the scapegoat take the blame. This is what you are defending? Let's not lose focus that it should have never got to this point.

At some point, reality seeps into the picture, whether you like it or not. This thing with Zuerlein isn't anything new -- it's far from it. Most here have been patiently waiting for him to overcome his yips but eventually, the truth comes to the fore. The staff will ultimately decide his fate, nobody else.

In retrospect, I merely gave you a taste of your own medicine. I'm delighted that you found it so "precious." So many fans here have seen preciousness emanating from yourself, on a regular basis. At some point, it gets tiresome, just like Zuerlein's problems. It will, eventually, be resolved, no doubt.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At some point, reality seeps into the picture, whether you like it or not. This thing with Zuerlein isn't anything new -- it's far from it. Most here have been patiently waiting for him to overcome his yips but eventually, the truth comes to the fore. The staff will ultimately decide his fate, nobody else.

In retrospect, I merely gave you a taste of your own medicine. I'm delighted that you found it so "precious." So many fans here have seen preciousness emanating from yourself, on a regular basis. At some point, it gets tiresome, just like Zuerlein's problems. It will, eventually, be resolved, no doubt.
I don't worry about what a kicker does, ever. If you need the points from a kicker to win then your team sucks anyway.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't worry about what a kicker does, ever. If you need the points from a kicker to win then your team sucks anyway.

So, you really believe a kicker shouldn't be necessary for a good team to win?

A unique idea, for sure. You might be the only football fan alive who thinks so.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Greg lost us 1 point. We got it back with a 2 point conversion. He then made the game tying 40 yarder didn't he? Refs and injuries were the only reason the game wasn't a complete blowout Cowboys. Don't over think it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The extra point sealed the loss

No more than McCarthy going for 2 when it would have been a 4 point game if they kicked the extra point. That point hurt more than the extra point.

With over 10 minutes left in the game, there was no need to go for 2 there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, you really believe a kicker shouldn't be necessary for a good team to win?

A unique idea, for sure. You might be the only football fan alive who thinks so.
The game should be played without the PAT kick. Just go for 2 pts all the time after a TD. Get rid of the FG and kickoffs. All possessions just start at your 20. It really shouldn't be called "football". The foot touching the ball should be eliminated completely.