Greg Zuerlein lost this game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The game should be played without the PAT kick. Just go for 2 pts all the time after a TD. Get rid of the FG and kickoffs. All possessions just start at your 20. It really shouldn't be called "football". The foot touching the ball should be eliminated completely.

It would resolve our kicking problems but I think the game would become somewhat boring and prone to an excessive number of ties.

starfan1

Reaction score
Funny how so few people can see it this way, when this is the obvious answer for a loss in a team sport.

Yesterday and the KC game were fine examples for losing as a team. Of course a couple of bad ref decisions make the hill to climb even steeper, but the team lost. Too many mistakes on too many fronts. And alot of bad plays on the O kept the D on the field for too long. That's the formula for a showcase loss.
I don’t buy the defense being tired narrative Vegas was carving them up from the onset now it didn’t help the offense started slow I agree but it was the very definition of a team loss.

there are lots to point to. If you don’t like Dak you point to his inaccuracy and you’d be right

if you thought we got jobbed a bit the you point to officiating and you’re right

if you thought decision making played a role you point to going for 2 and having brown in man to man on 3rd and 18 and you’d be right poor decisions

if you watched the game and saw we were chasing an extra point virtually the entire game and you point to Greg the fake and you’d be right

@TwoDeep3 is exactly right in his post! I blame booger just because he’s booger and he’d screw up a wet dream

He screwed up Romos time ( even though I didn’t care for him) and yes he’s screwing up Daks as well

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The missed extra point was a difference maker. Even Romo mentioned it after the miss. He said sometimes that can come back and bite you. And it did..
yes and I didn't like it that they went for 2 the first time (second one we had no choice)....there was too much game left for them to try and get a two pointer......

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When will people learn you can't just take one play from one point in the game, change it, and just assume that everything else will play out exactly the same (except where *you* want them to change)?

You can't just take that point and plug it back in somewhere and say that was the entire difference.

It's pure foolishness.
Hi, self. To answer your question, never. Just read through the silly comments of this thread and you will see that the answer is never.

starfan1

Reaction score
No, I'm identifying you as arrogant and rude. You seem unaware that being disrespectful is a manifestation of ignorance, in itself. Anyone with a self-image of being "normal," but yet, disrespectful of those with opinions differing from their own is arrogant. It's rude to use that label on those who don't agree with you. I've seen you reach your "breaking point" often with many here. It's just not a good look to insult folks. Also, it's against the rules, here. Disagreeing with you isn't "ignorant," it's just disagreeing with you. There's a distinct difference.
Bingo

starfan1

Reaction score
I thought dak lost it in overtime with the bad pass when everybody needed him to be a leader and step up. did it go into double overtime, cause I didn't see this zukennia guy passing?
That’s because it fits your constant narrative of Dak hate. That said I could have hit that pass to brown but we should never been in that position poor execution throughout the game by all put us there

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That’s because it fits your constant narrative of Dak hate. That said I could have hit that pass to brown but we should never been in that position poor execution throughout the game by all put us there
lol dak hater, he's probably no different than his brother Tad. Tad lmao..

reddyuta

Reaction score
a most untrustworthy kicker,his weird kicking style is a pain to watch too.

starfan1

Reaction score
If the play works then, yes. If not, then no.
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. That play running laterally has rarely worked for the cowboys the only time I remember it being successful is when zeke pitched to pollard but I guess neither has smash mouth football as this line is average at best. Bigger issue is why they were in that position to begin with and that missed extra point

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. That play running laterally has rarely worked for the cowboys the only time I remember it being successful is when zeke pitched to pollard but I guess neither has smash mouth football as this line is average at best. Bigger issue is why they were in that position to begin with and that missed extra point
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

We weren’t chasing points on that 2 point conversion or else the team wouldn’t have attempted the PAT to begin with. They did it because the penalty put the ball on the one yard line and Big Mike seems to go for two when that occurs, just like he did a couple weeks ago when we were up 34-7 and he did it.

So, take hindsight out, when a penalty allows the team an opportunity to go for 2 from the one yard line, do you want them to take it or kick the PAT (as a general rule).

starfan1

Reaction score
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

We weren’t chasing points on that 2 point conversion or else the team wouldn’t have attempted the PAT to begin with. They did it because the penalty put the ball on the one yard line and Big Mike seems to go for two when that occurs, just like he did a couple weeks ago when we were up 34-7 and he did it.

So, take hindsight out, when a penalty allows the team an opportunity to go for 2 from the one yard line, do you want them to take it or kick the PAT (as a general rule).
I would say analytics but with fat mike I’m not sure he follows it. If you’re asking me I’ve seen this group screw up 3rd and 1 and 4th and one enough times that I’m taking the extra point at that time in the game we literally aren’t capable of picking it up consistently and they try to get cute with sweeps and such and it don’t work

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As soon as he missed the extra point after we scored the first TD, it was virtually preordained that it would come back to HAUNT us!! That was his 3rd. missed PAT this season which puts him at 28th. in the NFL at 88%; It seems like Zuerlein doesn't look comfortable or confident when he kicks PAT's and FG's. He is out of rhythm and it's in his head.. It may be time to go in a different direction.
A single missed point is never preordained. Unless the team sucks

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I would say analytics but with fat mike I’m not sure he follows it. If you’re asking me I’ve seen this group screw up 3rd and 1 and 4th and one enough times that I’m taking the extra point at that time in the game we literally aren’t capable of picking it up consistently and they try to get cute with sweeps and such and it don’t work
Fair enough. I just know the board loses its mind when we kick a field goal instead of going for it on 4th and short, even when the field goal ties a game late in the 4th. Just surprised there is opposition when we are aggressive with the decision to go for 2 after a penalty cuts the distance in half. Granted, I don’t like the play call in that particular case, but I can’t fault the decision, and I don’t believe that decision was influenced at all by the missed extra point earlier. I believe we do the same thing if we take a 6-0 lead to open the game. If there isn’t enough confidence the team can get one yard on a consistent basis, there are much larger issues.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It would resolve our kicking problems but I think the game would become somewhat boring and prone to an excessive number of ties.
Boring? The kicking is not what makes the game exciting and I would change the rules so that there are no ties.