Gregory decision will be known before playoff game *Merge*

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
My guess is that Goodell and Mara decided that if it turns out we play the giants and not the Packers that he will be suspended the day before the game.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything? I'm trying really hard not to but I just can't hold it back. I'm getting excited about the possibility of having his added dimension in the mix on the dline in the playoffs. He's a disruptor.
Easiest thing to do is follow Rappaport on Twitter and it will alert you as soon as he tweets it...

erod

Reaction score
It should be obvious.

Apparently it's not, so he's gone.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
how do we know this?
We have to assume its true because he is playing right now and the new suspension is about a missed test in Sept............he has no appeal if he failed subsequent tests......he is subject to 10 tests a month while in the program for 2 years

one missed test has to be weighed against dozens of passed test imo

LBell got his 4 game suspension reduced to 3 games because he missed a 530am test and couldn't get a ride because he had knee surgery....he also won't get a 10 game suspension if he fails again....only 4

If they give RGregory any leeway it could be big.....keeping him at 4 games is a lot better than banishment for at least a year..... the NFL has a ton of options

Last edited:

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
To me it seemed bad that the NFL, or someone leaked the info that the decision would come next week for sure. Since nobody seemed to know what the hell was going on at anytime and then they made sure that the word was coming out before the next game then that to me seems ominous. Everyone knows how arbitrary this process seems and I was thinking if we had had to play on WC weekend then he could have played a playoff game one week and not the next. Just bizarre. If they should suspend him a year than this close to end of NFL year they should do it at start of next NFL year, otherwise would Gregory be able for next year's playoffs AFTER the WC round?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
A lot of companies don't actually run all the tests they give......it is too expensive

Most of the myths you hear about home made remedies are urban legends

Masking agents and saturation levels are also taken into account by the NFL

Not to mention tests will show up dilution (a way to flush out the THC) by creatinine levels. The easiest way to pass a weed test is by chugging liters and liters of water. But by doing so, you wash out your creatinine, which is always present in urine... always resulting in a negative test (if the creatinine levels in the urine sample are below the threshold, most testing agencies have a cutoff by creatinine/ng).

It's incredibly difficult to pass a urine test days after smoking with all the added parameters (that I'm sure the NFL uses).

If he passed a test a week after he missed it, it's highly unlikely he partook.

Last edited:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
We have to assume its true because he is playing right now and the new suspension is about a missed test in Sept............he has no appeal if he failed subsequent tests......he is subject to 10 tests a month while in the program for 2 years

one missed test has to be weighed against dozens of passed test imo

LBell got his 4 game suspension reduced to 3 games because he missed a 530am test and couldn't get a ride because he had knee surgery....he also won't get a 10 game suspension if he fails again....only 4

If they give RGregory any leeway it could be big.....keeping him at 4 games is a lot better than banishment for at least a year..... the NFL has a ton of options
If they were to reduce his suspension to four games, there is a decent chance that three of those games will occur this year and we get him back the second game next season. That said, I would rather have him for the playoffs this year and take the four games to start next season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saying that two cases were handled differently is the same as saying there's a league wide conspiracy?

Seems like an exaggeration. Possibly you're the paranoid one.

Joe, I didn't bring up the fact two cases were supposedly handled differently. It was only mentioned to continue this sissy stuff of the league hating on the Cowboys.

Try to pay attention. It's not a conspiracy. Randy Gregory is just an idiot. A bad dude. He doesn't deserve to play in the league.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Joe, I didn't bring up the fact two cases were supposedly handled differently. It was only mentioned to continue this sissy stuff of the league hating on the Cowboys.

Try to pay attention. It's not a conspiracy. Randy Gregory is just an idiot. A bad dude. He doesn't deserve to play in the league.
Good thing it isn't up to you to decide

TheHerd

Reaction score
He isn't playing in the playoffs. It's usually a 7-10 day period before an appeal decision is rendered, so if it's late next week don't be surprised, and don't assume it's a conspiracy.

And keep in mind this isn't a one year suspension. It's an indefinite suspension, with the right to appeal after one year. Best case for Dallas is the appeal reduces the suspension to a set number of games, maybe 8. But I expect no change, and he likely had his first and last sack as a Cowboy.

Immense waste of talent. I will not paint him in the same light as so many others who want to treat him like a murderer. He broke the rules, and he will get punished. But frankly, I think a DUI offender deserves much harsher penalties, as such a person CAN actually harm others.

The NFL is all about $$$ over everything else, and this type of penalty proves it. That's ok, but don't try to pretend it's about anything else.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Inside information

I occasionally resort to those types of sources myself. I try to avoid them as much as possible tho

peterrolfe_4.jpg

gmoney112

Reaction score
Not to mention tests will show up dilution (a way to flush out the THC) by creatinine levels. The easiest way to pass a weed test is by chugging liters and liters of water. But by doing so, you wash out your creatinine, which is always present in urine... always resulting in a negative test (if the creatinine levels in the urine sample are below the threshold, most testing agencies have a cutoff by creatinine/ng).

It's incredibly difficult to pass a urine test days after smoking with all the added parameters (that I'm sure the NFL uses).

You can easily fool dilution tests by taking normal, every day Creatine for a week before the tests. Which i'm sure he's familiar with. Loading for a week, and then taking a higher dose 4-6 hours before the test with your water (or gatorade for the electrolytes, sodium, etc), will meet the creatinine threshold while basically giving them straight tap water.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You can easily fool dilution tests by taking normal, every day Creatine for a week before the tests. Which i'm sure he's familiar with. Loading for a week, and then taking a higher dose 4-6 hours before the test with your water (or gatorade for the electrolytes, sodium, etc), will meet the creatinine threshold while basically giving them straight tap water.

I know :)

You can also eat a ton of red meat and take a certain vitamin B supplement, tho which one escapes my mind.

I think we know too much about this :)

Still, it takes a decent amount of work to flush your system and pass a creatinine dilution threshold.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Vinegar will pass even if you smoke that day. Drinking too much water will show up.....it's still a pass though

gmoney112

Reaction score
I know :)

You can also eat a ton of red meat and take a certain vitamin B supplement, tho which one escapes my mind.

I think we know too much about this :)

Hahaha. Agreed. Although I think the B vitamin was for coloring. But a red meat diet and 10g of Creatine per day for a week, 25g day of test, gallon of gatorade and you are set my friend.

Not that i'd know.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hahaha. Agreed. Although I think the B vitamin was for coloring. But a red meat diet and 10g of Creatine per day for a week, 25g day of test, gallon of gatorade and you are set my friend.

Not that i'd know.

Ah, yes, you are right, G. Vit B was for coloring, indeed.

You sly fox :)