Gregory decision will be known before playoff game *Merge*

phildadon86

Reaction score
Show me dates on that for both. Because I'm thinking I'm talking to an irrational victim minded Cowboys fan. I seem to remember the waste of space that is Gregory filing his appeal for his umpteenth failed drug test months ago.
Dates. He had his appeal before the season started. They talked about it on NFL insiders First Take, and pretty much every sports outlet there was. I'm not finding any info. You can believe the truth or not. I really don't care. He was playing while his appeal was under review.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Again, where do you get 2 weeks for Gregory and 6 weeks for Johnson from appeal to decision?

You're embarrassing yourself. Sometimes you just have an idiot player rather than a league wide conspiracy against your team.
When did Gregory appeal? When was it heard? Decision? Now compare it to the Johnson time frame.

Did you read the articles. It speaks of a much longer time frame it doesn't say exactly, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm on my phone. So I can't link the site here. However. Lane Johnson played his team's first 4 games of the season while his appeal was heard. Was first suspended in the summer and then appealed closer to the start of the season. So he got 4 games. Equivalent to one month. Gregory gets. A week. Does that sufficiently answer your condescending questions? @Risen Star

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When did Gregory appeal? When was it heard? Decision? Now compare it to the Johnson time frame.

Yeah and I don't see the conspiracy. They aren't even the same case anyway. Gregory's failed more tests in the program. So the comparison isn't even valid.

But hey, let's make Randy Gregory another case of the league conspiring against the Cowboys.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on my phone. So I can't link the site here. However. Lane Johnson played his team's first 4 games of the season while his appeal was heard. Was first suspended in the summer and then appealed closer to the start of the season. So he got 4 games. Equivalent to one month. Gregory gets. A week. Does that sufficiently answer your condescending questions? @Risen Star

No. Not at all, actually. Randy Gregory didn't appeal a week ago. We've heard about that for months.

Sydla

Reaction score
What does the date of filing have anything to do with what I'm saying. Johnson HAD HIS HEARING and then played 4-5 weeks including a bye.

That's not accurate.

Johnson's appeal hearing was October 4th. He was suspended a week later on October 11th. So you have that wrong.

The debate with Johnson was why it took the league 4 games to hear his appeal. He had been notified in camp that he had failed a test and he filed his appeal request before the season started.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yeah and I don't see the conspiracy. They aren't even the same case anyway. Gregory's failed more tests in the program. So the comparison isn't even valid.

But hey, let's make Randy Gregory another case of the league conspiring against the Cowboys.
You're saying conspiracy out of, it seems, no where. I'm just noting a discrepancy in the two different time frames.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That's not accurate.

Johnson's appeal hearing was October 4th. He was suspended a week later on October 11th. So you have that wrong.

The debate with Johnson was why it took the league 4 games to hear his appeal. He had been notified in camp that he had failed a test and he filed his appeal request before the season started.
Correct. As the two articles I posted said. @Risen Star chose to ignore.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're saying conspiracy out of, it seems, no where. I'm just noting a discrepancy in the two different time frames.

What are you talking about? That's the point being made. Our players are treated differently because we're poor unfortunate victims of a league wide conspiracy.

There's no truth to it whatsoever.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That's the point being made. Our players are treated differently because we're poor unfortunate victims of a league wide conspiracy.

There's no truth to it whatsoever.
So do you care to venture a guess as to why it's taken a full football season and yet Zeke is still part of an ongoing investigation? Even with proof of fabrication and everything being dropped?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So do you care to venture a guess as to why it's taken a full football season and yet Zeke is still part of an ongoing investigation? Even with proof of fabrication and everything being dropped?

I don't know. Show me a similar case of a player on another team that was handled differently.

Sydla

Reaction score
OK. Thank you for posting. Either way. Why was he allowed to play 4 weeks before his appeal was heard?

That's the question. His appeal was filed before the season.

But let's note, Gregory was appealing his future suspension not his current 10 game one. So that's why when he filed his appeal what appears to be a month or so ago, it didn't affect his PT because he was ineligible to play for a past infraction.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't know. Show me a similar case of a player on another team that was handled differently.
John Brown. NYG. 1 game suspension almost immediately after investigation was concluded showing that he had multiple dv calls and cases......want to continue?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Josh Brown. The NFL League office wrapped that investigation about pretty quickly, handed down a bizarre one game suspension and what he did made Elliott's allegations look like pillow tossing.

I don't believe Josh Brown was facing legal action over the incident. Two totally different situations.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't believe Josh Brown was facing legal action over the incident. Two totally different situations.

That's not accurate.

Brown was arrested for domestic violence issues in 2015. Charges were eventually dropped when his wife was reluctant to pursue the case. The local police then released daming documents and information about their case and that's what caused the NFL to scurry to re-open their investigation against Brown.

The NFL acted totally bizarre here. One, they gave him a random one game suspension when their policy dictated harsher penalties. They tried to make the case disappear quickly only to once again get egg on their faces when the sheriff in King County released details of their investigation in Sept of this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brown was arrested for domestic violence issues in 2015. Authorities did not press charges. Very similar to Elliott, who the authorities decided didn't warrant charges being filed against him.

Brown doesn't have a woman accusing him of assault that's still presently in the court system. It's about PR. Brown's alleged victim didn't file charges to my knowledge and certainly isn't accusing him now. Elliott's did and still is. That's the difference.