News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
:muttley:Well there goes those 14 sacks a year. Never liked the pick, hopefully we deep six him and address DE in the offseason.

RS12

Reaction score
Nobody is slandering anyone. But as I said there is a reason MJ is a controlled substance . Making it easier to obtain/use is a bad idea.
It will be legal wherever you are within a few years so get ready. CA and NV just legalized it. I can only imagine what the strip will be like in Vegas.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I'll never give up on him! Keep him around...he is just too good of a pass rusher. Gregory forever :flagwave:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.

All that may be true. But it's meaningless now. We don't live in the future, we live in the now. And NOW the NFL's policy bans the use of pot. Gregory knows the rules. The Cowboys know the rules so it's Gregory's fault for continuing to smoke weed and the Cowboys fault for taking an unsuccessful gamble on his using a precious second rounder on him.
We could have used that pick for another defensive player who could have contributed to our march to the Super Bowl.
Sigh. :(

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I promise you, a lot of NFL players smoke weed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a majority. For most, it's not that difficult to stop when they know they need to and pass a test. Most of them don't suffer from the anxiety that Gregory clearly suffers from.

Different medications work differently for different people. I'm sure he's been prescribed NFL-legal 'scripts and perhaps they don't work for him. People can deny it all they want, but weed helps many people (myself included) relax a lot. I never told my doctor I had trouble sleeping (2-3 hours a night in high school) because I didn't want to take a sleeping pill, due to the side effects and the crap that's in them. When I got to college and started smoking, I never slept better. Which led to me feeling better in the morning. I was more productive throughout the day. It was great for me.

I don't feel bad for Gregory in the sense that his life is at risk. He'll never OD from weed, and he's very unlikely to move on to other things at this point. I feel for him because this should be a non-issue. Weed probably helps him in downtime. By suspending him and potentially ending his career, who is the NFL helping? They certainly aren't helping Gregory.

I liken this to my own situation in a lot of ways. If I were to catch a marijuana charge when I was in college, I could've lost financial aid that I desperately needed. Of course I wasn't being drug tested, but I smoked often. I wasn't hurting any one. I was pretty much only helping myself. Helping myself sleep, study, be more productive. Taking away financial aid (and, thus, basically taking away my education), would've been way worse for me than just continuing to smoke. It's a victimless crime until it's against the law; at that point, you have a lot of victims.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
All that may be true. But it's meaningless now. We don't live in the future, we live in the now. And NOW the NFL's policy bans the use of pot. Gregory knows the rules. The Cowboys know the rules so it's Gregory's fault for continuing to smoke weed and the Cowboys fault for taking an unsuccessful gamble on his using a precious second rounder on him.
We could have used that pick for another defensive player who could have contributed to our march to the Super Bowl.
Sigh. :(

I completely agree, Tyke. It's a sad reality, but it is reality, nonetheless. I've almost given up hope. As another poster said deeper in the thread, this will almost certainly put the impetus on the Org to go full-bore DE this next offseason.

What a shame. I'm sure all of Cowboys nation can agree, such a shame. Despite their particular view on weed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Im in total shock I was told by an insider here that he was doing great and turning his life around

Oh, he was turning around alright.

"I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning." Who remembers that song? :)