News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cw__Au-UkAA3LwM.jpg:large

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL, oh boy.
Studies have shown, again and again, that weed is not a "gateway" drug. I started with tylenol, moved to caffeine, then alcohol, then weed - is tylenol my gateway drug?

Your anecdotal experience doesn't mean anything. There are multiple reasons your sister got into the things she got into - and it has little to do with weed. Why can SO many people stay with JUST weed? Your sister's problem wasn't/isn't weed, it's just a convenient scapegoat.

Maybe it was depression and she wanted to experience a harder drug. Weed wasn't it for her. Some people like beer, others like my man Morrison loved the hard Wiskey.

Plankton

Reaction score
The issue is when he opens his mouth you hear a thoughtful intelligent person. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what seduced Jerry. Listen to him speak, he's very charming..

Actions speak louder than words, Z. Con men are all charming.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Its just best to part ways and draft players that will be available. If he gets suspended for a year this will be 3 years of no football. This guy hasn't got on the field in nearly 2 years. Let that set in. It could be 3 if suspended. Its time to cut him.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
With all due respect to Gregory & anyone else addicted to a substance, it's not really the weed he's addicted to. It could have been anything -- heroin, sex, gambling, tanning, working out, Facebook, video games, whatever. He may have an addictive personality and so clung to the first thing he found that made him feel nice... in this case weed. We all know (or should anyway) that weed doesn't really have any super addictive qualities in itself, but then again neither does sex, love, gambling, etc. but people still get addicted to those things. It just so happens that weed is what gets the endorphins flowing in Gregory's head.

I'm not really sure what my point is, lol.... guess I'm just saying that with many (or most) folks who are addicted, deep down it's not a chemical problem that they have, it's a spiritual problem. At least that's what NA and AA tell us. :)

Can't disagree with anything here, Guag. Gregory doesn't have the fortitude/control to seperate his herb from his job, @erod hit on this in a post deeper in the thread. This is a complex topic. Gregory messed up, this much is very evident. To the detriment our our Boys

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
The issue is when he opens his mouth you hear a thoughtful intelligent person. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what seduced Jerry. Listen to him speak, he's very charming..
Not to generalize, but addicts can be known to be an extremely persuasive and often intelligent bunch.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's incredibly sad that some weed makes this phenom a "boom or bust pick"

All the while, it sucks that he can't stay off the herb for the sake of his career. I get it, he wants to smoke his herb, but he has to realize the NFL is a bunch of antiquated old geezers that still buy into the "reefer madness"... and for that reason alone, he should abstain. It's still so damn sad that fricking marijuana is destroying his career. In this "progressive" time.

This is so disappointing.

Sorry. I admit that I didn't go past the first page of a 14-page thread.

It really doesn't bother me that the league bans using marijuana. It wouldn't bother me if it was legalized and the league still banned it. There are things at my workplace that are not illegal but are not allowed. It's my job to abide by those rules if I want to keep my job.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Maybe it was depression and she wanted to experience a harder drug. Weed wasn't it for her. Some people like beer, others like my man Morrison loved the hard Wiskey.

There are tons of issues that lead to people being dependent on hard drugs. Just because someone starts at point A doesn't mean that point A is to blame. The effects of weed on one's body and mind are small. If you're chasing hard drugs, it has nothing to do with weed. As someone who's done plenty of coke and weed, I didn't do coke because I was bored with or needed something more than weed. And just because I did weed first doesn't mean it was a gateway.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
This just tells me to cut Gregory AND McClain. No more taking chances on guys with questionable character and self control. We need to put a very short leash on these players. We're seeing now that a team can play well if they play together and everyone has the same passion for the game. That's why we're seeing an overachieving defense with less talent than we've had in a long time. No more gambles on these types of guys. Fortunately, I think we're on the right track. I kinda wanna thank Gregory for proving us right.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Gregory has been off my list for a long time--this is sad for him, but if anyone was counting on that pot head, they were deluded.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
This is completely displacing the blame. If it's illegal or not allowed at your place of work, just don't do it. One doesn't just accidentally smoke it.

"just don't do it" is a lot easier for people without mental issues to say than it is for people with them. It's easy for me to "just not do it." it's deeper than that. and if he isn't hurting anybody, then what does it matter?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
What a shame.

I guess being in a hazy stupor is more important than being part of something that could have been special in his professional life.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Weed does more damage to more people by being illegal than it would if it were legal and controlled like alcohol.

Majority of America is tired of it. Tired of paying Taxes and watching all kinds of resources go into something that is non-violent.