News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

bsbellomy

Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.
So then you think alcohol should be banned no? Since traffic deaths are your concern and there were twice as many alcohol related deaths in the past year compared to the number of pot related in the past decade.

IOW, 20x as many people die from accidents related to alcohol than do pot.

That is before you consider that such measurements are not necessarily mutually exclusive. In fact, many of the pot positives are from instances where both are present in the blood and marijuana stays in the blood for a month after inebriation. IOW, many people shown as positive are not high.

Further there have been several studies involving inebriated people driving in controlled environments where driving impairment from pot is minimal particularly as opposed to alcohol.

The one caveat is that pot blows your drunk up and exacerbates the impairment when mixed. Pot on its own is more or less benign when it comes to actual clinical driving results..

To me his decision making is so bad it wouldn't matter even if weed were legal. I mean alcohol is legal and that didn't stop Johnny Manziel from abusing it to the point that nobody wanted him.

hastur

Reaction score
Smoke weed and make $15.00 an hour somewhere, or make millions while playing a game(while at the same time being treated/viewed as a demigod).

That is a hell of a choice he made.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Jesus, this guy is an idiot.. He flushed his career down the toilet. Man, he had potential.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about it, NFL shouldn't be testing for it. I understand performance enhancing drugs or if you suspect someone of being high on the job but there is no other reason.

I haven't been drug tested for a job since I was in entry level and I would be offended if my employer just randomly gave me cups to pee in to test for pot. Gregory knows the rules, this doesn't excuse him for repeatedly making the same mistake but it doesn't excuse it's stupid to test NFL players randomly for pot.

Regardless of how YOU feel about it, they ARE testing and suspending guys for it. So until that changes it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks about it the players need to be smarter.

robjay04

Reaction score
Regardless of how YOU feel about it, they ARE testing and suspending guys for it. So until that changes it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks about it the players need to be smarter.

Didn't I essentially say the exact same thing in my post? Read my whole post before responding.

rags747

Reaction score
Nate Newton was on talking Cowboys and said that the kid had the greatest natural talent that he had ever seen, he said that he had violent hands like Haley and that he could bend his body so low and around the corner so fast. He was really expecting big things from him if he could stay clean. Anyway, I guess thats a dream that won't be happening.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
It doesn't hurt as much last year since we landed La'el Collins for free, that sort of makes up for Gregory's loss. But yeah, most years this would really hurt

superonyx

Reaction score
Whatever helps heal your soft heart. Your "point" is in your own sensitive nature. If you're butt hurt over a comment in a football chat room, go follow Miley Cyrus. I'm sure she'll share a tissue.
Miley Cyrus? It sounds like we have ourselves another Internet message board tough guy here.
Yea your such a tough one. Miley Cyrus and Butt hurt in the same sentence. What are you 12?
How about letting the adults take this one?
You were right though. You can't fix stupid. I'm not going to try.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
naw what the league need to do is stop testing for plant that naturally grows from the ground to heal vs keeping the greedy pockets pockets full in these drys supplying these DRUGS are prescription thats more than likely cause other problems and addictions... man please the real world is not a fool... Basketball don't even test get with it always late to the party is the NFL... real people know what it is...

it is the rule but thats my opinion always be my opinion ....... something thats proven to help u and with his issue thats one of the best meds he can take vs those pills.... call me what u want I'm a realist
Cocaine and heroin also come from plants. Are they OK too?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I
I feel terrible for Randy Gregory. He's an intelligent person by all accounts, yet the decision to forsake a profitable opportunity for whatever substance he's addicted to is just a tragedy. He's enslaved by this impulse, and I hope for him he breaks this bondage. So sad.
don't feel a damn bit sorry for him. He's an idiot.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about it, NFL shouldn't be testing for it. I understand performance enhancing drugs or if you suspect someone of being high on the job but there is no other reason.

I haven't been drug tested for a job since I was in entry level and I would be offended if my employer just randomly gave me cups to pee in to test for pot. Gregory knows the rules, this doesn't excuse him for repeatedly making the same mistake but it doesn't excuse it's stupid to test NFL players randomly for pot.
You could be offended all the way to the unemployment line. If your employer doesn't want drugs in your system and you violate it, you should be gone. If you don't like it, feel free to look for another job.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
What if weed is the only thing that helps him keep his bi-polar condition manageable? Maybe he doesn't want to, because he knows whats on the line, but maybe he can't fight his brain 24/7 and gives in at time?
Then maybe he needs another profession.