News: Gregory Failed Yet another Drug Test

superonyx

Reaction score
Hey sorry I hurt your feelings and I didn't mean to bully you around. Got to admit the Miley Cyrus comment was a nice touch though. :muttley:
I may agree but the Miley Cyrus reference missed with me completely. I have absolutely no idea what it even meant. I don't chase her around on social media enough I guess.

CWR

Reaction score
Nate Newton was on talking Cowboys and said that the kid had the greatest natural talent that he had ever seen, he said that he had violent hands like Haley and that he could bend his body so low and around the corner so fast. He was really expecting big things from him if he could stay clean. Anyway, I guess thats a dream that won't be happening.

We need an unlike button for this post, simply due to the disappointment I felt after reading it...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He went buh byes. He bullied a whole slew of posters with his condescending tone and I was his "huckleberry" last night, Rob. He was incapable of discussing this like an adult.

Really? But I haven't finished my popcorn yet. :popcorn:

CWR

Reaction score
Ever since Colorado legalized pot traffic related deaths jumped traminously.

Hardline, I have a really difficult time attributing that statistic to legalized pot. Lets be honest here, most of the people who are smoking legally where smoking illegally prior. I dont think there is a huge shift of brand new pot smokers playing demolition derby on the road ways. I do not smoke and haven't for many years, because of my work and random tests. But I can confidently say it is not difficult to smoke marajuna and function. Of course we live in a society full of light weights now so I suppose thats not a blanket statement lol.

CWR

Reaction score
That really got me, too, Rise. That's incredible high praise from Newton. This just stinks.

Going back through the thread but has this been confirmed by the NFL yet? Shreds of hope....

CWR

Reaction score
Well the fact that a person can't stop smoking it and is risking Millions and millions of dollars kinda says other wise. Regardless of the reason.. whether its physical or mental or self medication, etc, doesn't really matter. He can't stop. He has done Rehab, he has done all this stuff and yet, he failed again.. if these reports are true. So people can say whatever, rationalize it however, but when you can't stop something, smoking, drugs, gambling, etc, its an addiction.

And I have personally known a few people that would rather smoke than work.. they gave up good jobs because they couldn't or wouldn't quit. I don't know if it is addictive or not, I don't smoke it. But when people can't stop, that is addiction to me, whether it is clinically described as addiction or not.

Cant stop or wont stop are entirely different, but I understand your point. Many have said this already but Marijuana is not PHYSICALLY addicting. As far as mental addiction, that can apply to literally anything; working out obsessively, over eating, posting on Cowboys message boards ect. So I suppose there is some credence to that aspect of it. Many of us however feel as if one should take responsibility for thier own actions and not be allowed to hide under the excuse of a psychological addiction. Which makes it real hard to classify marajuna as an addictive drug.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's irrelevant to the case at hand, but not the larger point.

This country needs to grow up and think like intelligent and informed adults when it comes to marijuana. Me caring about a grown adult getting high on pot is like me caring that a grown adult goes out to get drunk. It's really none of my business. And it shouldn't be the NFL's business either.

YR
I have said it before, but beer is the official drug of the NFL , and beer companies dont want to compete with weed, so since
beer is one of the big nfl sponsors, they have a influence on this policy.

also RG messed up big time failing the combine test, that put him in the program from the start.
Had he not done that, he might have been able to handle the once or twice a year tests.
Better to just not go to combine , than to go and fail the test.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is horrible if true. Somebody pinch me. I was full-bore in his corner. Hoping we would get him back for our postseason push.

Unbelievable. DE is a number one priority in draft and perhaps in free agency as well (not a tier one, but a tier 2 signing). It can't just be Tank on the outside.

Damnit, Gregory. Damnit, dude. If this is over weed, this is sickening that weed can destroy a player's career in the 21st century. Weed, folks.

You "get off muh lawn" folks need to realize, marijuana will be federally legal soon. We're losing a player to some weed. In two or three, maybe four years (our next general election) this guy wouldn't be drawing these suspensions.
If Gregory was the kind of alcoholic that stayed at home then.he would be.playing.

Alcohol is a drug. Anyone that drinks a beer is a drug user, no way around it. An alcoholic is simply a drug addict whose drug of choice happens to be alcohol, legal or not.

Funny, it took a constitutional amendment

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He went buh byes. He bullied a whole slew of posters with his condescending tone and I was his "huckleberry" last night, Rob. He was incapable of discussing this like an adult.
Yeah, I tired of responding to a knot on a tree Good job! Congrats!

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
BigDog, LEO is Law Enforcement Officer. And SFPD is San Fransisco Police Department, SDSD is San Diego Sheriffs Department, and USMS is United States Marshals Service. I have very close friends (my battles) in all three departments. :) I am not, however, LEO. Just to be clear. :)
Thanks. I thought that is what SFPD met but wasn't sure.