News: Gregory files for reinstatement

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Frank Clark was taken three picks after Gregory in 2015. He’s had 43 sacks including two double digit sack seasons. He had 13 sacks in 2018. He’s had 2 career INT’s and 11 forced fumbles. Compare that to what we’ve gotten out of Gregory the past five seasons.
Mind you though go look up Frank Clark’s history. At that time they weren’t touching a domestic issue.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
FREE DA GUYS MAN.

X, UGLY BABY, TOKE TALL IRVING...bring them all home.

1OoXAqH.jpg

Don't forget "Your Royal Purple Badness himself".

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. For some reason I thought he applied but he applied later than we thought he should have. And he still had the season as a suspension. It was a indefinite suspension so I assumed he wasn’t gonna hear anything last season.

I think it was reported he filed or was going to file right before the season started. But it was never officially announced.
But I do not think he did, and someone on here even posted a link to a story that he had not at the time.

Because by the time it would have gone through the process at the time, Gregory said it would be late in the season, and he did not want to upset the roster if they activated him, especially during a playoff run. And cost someone a roster spot.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think it was reported he filed or was going to file right before the season started. But it was never officially announced.
But I do not think he did, and someone on here even posted a link to a story that he had not at the time.

Because by the time it would have gone through the process at the time, Gregory said it would be late in the season, and he did not want to upset the roster if they activated him, especially during a playoff run. And cost someone a roster spot.
He applied yesterday.

CWR

Reaction score
Mind you though go look up Frank Clark’s history. At that time they weren’t touching a domestic issue.

Yup, there were a ton of teams that didn't want anything to do with Clark during the draft. Randy for all his faults, is an intelligent guy who said all the right things. Didn't he have the highest wonderlick score that year?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get your point. Do you get mine?

Not really. Just b/c Gregory isn't the only one who indulges in weed doesn't mean that they all have the same level of dedication to football as you implied. What may be recreation for most is a way of life for Randy, and something he has chosen over football again and again and again.

Weed isn't a problem until it gets to the point of negatively impacting your life. Randy doesn't care about the consequences of his habit. It has literally overtaken him and ruined his once promising football career. We'll see what he's got left I guess.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not really. Just b/c Gregory isn't the only one who indulges in weed doesn't mean that they all have the same level of dedication to football as you implied. What may be recreation for most is a way of life for Randy, and something he has chosen over football again and again and again.

Weed isn't a problem until it gets to the point of negatively impacting your life. Randy doesn't care about the consequences of his habit. It has literally overtaken him and ruined his once promising football career. We'll see what he's got left I guess.
Weed has only ruined his career because it kept him from being active. Now that it won’t keep him on the suspension list, they can all be pot heads together. Him and Zeke should have a good time but I suspect Zeke is doing more than weed.

But, I didn’t imply anything. I was just commenting that players have used weed for many years and didn’t have fear of being busted for it as long as they passed their one test a year. If you read more into it than that, it’s on you and I suspect you are just trying to be argumentative.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weed has only ruined his career because it kept him from being active. Now that it won’t keep him on the suspension list, they can all be pot heads together.

When I say "he chose weed over football", that is what I mean. He could not refrain from it long enough to pass a drug test. Thats a problem for an NFL player.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
When I say "he chose weed over football", that is what I mean. He could not refrain from it long enough to pass a drug test. Thats a problem for an NFL player.
I am not disagreeing with you, man. Geez I get your point, as I already mentioned.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he went higher in the second round than he did but regardless we passed up a couple of DEs including Danielle Hunter who have had much better careers.
Now your playing hindsight. Who was more highly ranked going into the draft? Gregory. He was considered a top 10 player. And in 2018 he played very well. Let's hope he can get back into the league and playing like that again. He can really help the Cowboys win games.

Reaction score
To everyone criticizing Gregory for having no self control and letting his habit take over his life, the new CBA makes it irrelevant. So long as his ability did not decrease in the year off (he’s young and plenty of players have a year off due to injury), and he is motivated ON THE FIELD, who cares if he’s a stoner off the field?

coach steele

Reaction score
Weed has only ruined his career because it kept him from being active. Now that it won’t keep him on the suspension list, they can all be pot heads together. Him and Zeke should have a good time but I suspect Zeke is doing more than weed.

But, I didn’t imply anything. I was just commenting that players have used weed for many years and didn’t have fear of being busted for it as long as they passed their one test a year. If you read more into it than that, it’s on you and I suspect you are just trying to be argumentative.
Honestly, Weed is better for football players than opioids. Just saying. It’s not like he is going to be lighting up at practice, in the weight room, in the film room, or on the field.

coach steele

Reaction score
I’m much more concerned with his mental health (possible Bipolar Disorder I or II), than with substance abuse. Same with David Irving.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To everyone criticizing Gregory for having no self control and letting his habit take over his life, the new CBA makes it irrelevant. So long as his ability did not decrease in the year off (he’s young and plenty of players have a year off due to injury), and he is motivated ON THE FIELD, who cares if he’s a stoner off the field?

While the NFL may start turning a blind eye, that should not be conflated with the legality of the problem. It is still illegal to possess weed in something like 46 of 50 states. So, even if the NFL is not testing, there is always going to be a literal and figurative cloud of smoke around Randy. I regard anything we get from him as a bonus and the cowboys should not rely on him to lock down any position for any length of time.