Gregory for 15 million or Williams and Fowler for 5 Million?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Anyone still complaining about losing Gregory? You could probably argue that we actually got Williams, Fowler, Armstrong, Kearse for the price of Gregory.

Its not even close for me.
I never cared we lost Gregory or wanted gregory here for that kind of $$. But just the ineptitude of the front office which we all kno about just was the icing on the cake for this team.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Anyone still complaining about losing Gregory? You could probably argue that we actually got Williams, Fowler, Armstrong, Kearse for the price of Gregory.

Its not even close for me.
First half of the season Gorgory will be the front runner then Quinn’s Pixie dust will have De Sam blasting QB.

jnday

Reaction score
That appears to be their plan. Think many have to temper their expectations with Sam Williams, as he is more of a developmental player and he is going to need some time. Fowler/Armstrong will be the bridge until he becomes the full time starter probably next yr.
I certainly hope that Williams matured quickly and gets comfortable at the DE position. Fowler/Armstrong are far from being starting quality players. Fowler had a decent season 2-3 years ago, but it would be a surprise to see him return to that level of play. You can count on both hands the number of plays that Armstrong has made since he was drafted by Dallas. Williams really needs to catch on quick or that side of the defense is going to struggle.

jnday

Reaction score
Im curious to see if Gregory can put in a complete season like his talent appears to be.
I expect Gregory to have a good season in Denver. I doubt that he will have more than 10 sacks, but I think he will be a better DE with the Broncos.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I certainly hope that Williams matured quickly and gets comfortable at the DE position. Fowler/Armstrong are far from being starting quality players. Fowler had a decent season 2-3 years ago, but it would be a surprise to see him return to that level of play. You can count on both hands the number of plays that Armstrong has made since he was drafted by Dallas. Williams really needs to catch on quick or that side of the defense is going to struggle.
I think they take a step back initially, but will get better as the season progresses

rambo2

Reaction score
I never cared we lost Gregory or wanted gregory here for that kind of $$. But just the ineptitude of the front office which we all kno about just was the icing on the cake for this team.
Good thing that they didn't sign him. He can't even practice now.

rambo2

Reaction score
I expect Gregory to have a good season in Denver. I doubt that he will have more than 10 sacks, but I think he will be a better DE with the Broncos.
I doubt that he will. He can't even practice now and the chain smoking isn't going to help him in Denver.

birdwells1

Reaction score
They're only comfortable signing guys they've drafted because, and I can't stress this enough, they REALLY, really draft well all of the time.
And resigning drafted players prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that the pick was the right one.

Creeper

Reaction score
But the point is wouldnt you rather have Williams and Fowler and another 10 million in cap? Which essentially netted us Shultz.

I was simply pointing out that they have the CAP room right now to have signed Gregory and Schultz. They wouldn't need Fowler so that means they would be sitting with about $3 million in CAP room now and $10 million more after June 1. I am not sure why signing Gregory means they could not or would not have drafted Williams too.

It should be about putting the best team on the field that they can afford. I am not convinced Fowler at $3 million is going to be as good as Gregory at $14 million. And btw, Gregory's 2022 CAP number is only $5.6 million.