News: Gregory to submit plan to NFL on Monday for reinstatement

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s pretty much the type of response I expected. LOL
So you’re saying there is no other possible reasons than the one’s you provided?

You’re not being literal, I guess, because there are many reasons why he could’ve missed. We don’t know if it was a good reason. Seems likely that it’s not, but to say there are no other possible reasons is stupid.

Hit by a car?
Car wreck of any kind?
Illness?
Illness in the family?
Cell phone destroyed and they could’ve get in touch with him?

Those are possible in real life.

Altestic

Reaction score
So you’re saying there is no other possible reasons than the one’s you provided?

You’re not being literal, I guess, because there are many reasons why he could’ve missed. We don’t know if it was a good reason. Seems likely that it’s not, but to say there are no other possible reasons is stupid.

Hit by a car?
Car wreck of any kind?
Illness?
Illness in the family?

Those all qualify as legitimate, unless you have a star on your helmet.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They test every player around the start of mini camps and usually have it all done before season starts. If you pass and aren’t in the program then yep, you can show up to work and play high, and not just weed but I guess any street drug. As long as you don’t get arrested or flaunt using on social media then they leave you alone. They have went as far as raising the amount that can be in your system for weed.

They don’t want you to fail. You know when your tested pretty much. They want you to pass. Likely doing this as formality for insurance purposes.

But if your in the system or the program it’s different. I am sure your aware and know the steps of the program as far as being tested randomly. You have to fail plenty of times before they start testing you in the offseason. Which like you, I agree with them not testing players in the off time.

I have heard interviews with players that have said for every player you hear about in the program there is 5 more you don’t hear about. The players don’t really worry about the first step. They come into the season and fail. So they are randomly drug tested a few times for a month, if they pass they’re done and out of the program. You have to get into stage 3 or something before they test you for a year. Once you get to Gregory’s level then you have failed about 8 tests. Then your tested at any time for the remainder of your career. If you want to work and make the millions then you take the tests.
listen to the Irvng interview, he explains the testing process pretty well.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Does he say how easy it is or make it sound like a pain.
he stated that everybody knows when the tests are gonna happen, and he didnt actually test positive for drugs. He said his first positive was from supplement he was taking, though those werent his exact words. That is what got him into the more extensive tests.

The PED failure led to more street drug tests. It was the best explanation I have ever heard for NFL drug testing. He also said a super high percentage of people in volved in the NFL, not just players are smoking weed. Said a ton of the players do it, stay off it for that 2 month stretch they need to, and then right back at it. Like he said, he got nailed for a different test.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he stated that everybody knows when the tests are gonna happen, and he didnt actually test positive for drugs. He said his first positive was from supplement he was taking, though those werent his exact words. That is what got him into the more extensive tests.

The PED failure led to more street drug tests. It was the best explanation I have ever heard for NFL drug testing. He also said a super high percentage of people in volved in the NFL, not just players are smoking weed. Said a ton of the players do it, stay off it for that 2 month stretch they need to, and then right back at it. Like he said, he got nailed for a different test.

Irving tested positive for a banned ingredient in a power supplement he was taking that he was advertising. He did not know the ingredients.
Supposedly.
But still he or his agent should have checked with the NFL to see if any ingredients was on the banned lost, if they were listed. As thos was not the first time this happened to an nfl player.

This was what I had read in an article anyway.
Some will believe it and some will not, as we know how fans will come to their own conclusions. Then will not come off of that no matter what.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Irving tested positive for a banned ingredient in a power supplement he was taking that he was advertising. He did not know the ingredients.
Supposedly.
But still he or his agent should have checked with the NFL to see if any ingredients was on the banned lost, if they were listed. As thos was not the first time this happened to an nfl player.

This was what I had read in an article anyway.
Some will believe it and some will not, as we know how fans will come to their own conclusions. Then will not come off of that no matter what.
I was just going by the interview, and the guy was extremely inteligent and well spoken. I was cactually impressed.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Hit by a car?
Car wreck of any kind?
Illness?
Illness in the family?

No, I prefer to live in reality. He missed the test because he knew he would fail it. There’s no excuse for a guy whose career/livelihood is on the line and that has his history of failed tests to miss the test if he was clean. Absolutely none. Had he been involved in some kind of accident (laughable), everyone would know about it. Phone destroyed? LOL. You don’t think the team would find a way to get in touch with him? People need to stop making excuses for this joker.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I know the rules.

From a big picture perspective players are off the clock in late Feb. They should have the opportunity to get completely away from football.

If I'm on vacation from work and want to live in a remote cabin then that should be my prerogative; however it wouldn't be possible to get drug tested there.

There are limits on what an employer can require from employees. Anything that does not impact their job is questionable in that regard.

A company can't require a male employee to wear women's clothes unless that's part of his job (show business, etc.). They can have a dress code because unprofessional attire can affect the company. They can test for drugs because drugs usage can affect the employees work performance and could endanger other people.

There is a very weak argument that smoking Weed in late Feb. could affect an NFL player's job. They could say that it impacts a players health which could affect them during the season but that's a stretch with regards to Weed. The fact that Weed is still not 100% legal keeps it from being challenged but it's a borderline civil liberties issue otherwise if there is zero possibility that smoking Weed in late Feb. could impact the players job.

I haven't smoked Weed in 20 years; therefore companies testing for it does not really impact me; however, anytime people's personal liberties are impacted by corporations everyone should be concerned.
Amen

lockster

Reaction score
I know the rules.

From a big picture perspective players are off the clock in late Feb. They should have the opportunity to get completely away from football.

If I'm on vacation from work and want to live in a remote cabin then that should be my prerogative; however it wouldn't be possible to get drug tested there.

There are limits on what an employer can require from employees. Anything that does not impact their job is questionable in that regard.

A company can't require a male employee to wear women's clothes unless that's part of his job (show business, etc.). They can have a dress code because unprofessional attire can affect the company. They can test for drugs because drugs usage can affect the employees work performance and could endanger other people.

There is a very weak argument that smoking Weed in late Feb. could affect an NFL player's job. They could say that it impacts a players health which could affect them during the season but that's a stretch with regards to Weed. The fact that Weed is still not 100% legal keeps it from being challenged but it's a borderline civil liberties issue otherwise if there is zero possibility that smoking Weed in late Feb. could impact the players job.

I haven't smoked Weed in 20 years; therefore companies testing for it does not really impact me; however, anytime people's personal liberties are impacted by corporations everyone should be concerned.

I agree with this part of Ur statement above. This is the part of have constant problems with. If it violates a person's rights, they need to stop it. Testing for game enhancing drugs during season is fine. That's part of the game. Other stuff isn't. I've never done drugs, and i even had surgery last week on my Achilles, took zero pain meds. But, even so, personal business is personal. Get the NFL out of ppls lives, and corporations too.[/QUOTE]

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No, I prefer to live in reality. He missed the test because he knew he would fail it. There’s no excuse for a guy whose career/livelihood is on the line and that has his history of failed tests to miss the test if he was clean. Absolutely none. Had he been involved in some kind of accident (laughable), everyone would know about it. Phone destroyed? LOL. You don’t think the team would find a way to get in touch with him? People need to stop making excuses for this joker.

I can see you’re extremely upset with Randy and I’m sorry.

I’m simply explaining to you that In reality there could be other reasons. Your emotional state isn’t letting you see that.

Are they likely? I don’t think so, but there are other possibilities. That’s why there’s a story about his appeal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He would be very very lucky if they let him play again.. Not sure about this year at all. At some point goodell will be tired of this.

Goodell is probably tired of it already, seeing as how he suspended Randy indefinitely.

I'll be somewhat surprised if Randy is allowed to participate in anything more than TC.

Altestic

Reaction score
I was just going by the interview, and the guy was extremely inteligent and well spoken. I was cactually impressed.
If he was "extremely intelligent" he'd lay off all the prescriptions and drugs after at least playing a few more years including 1 big contract with a bunch of guaranteed money, THEN retire and smoke pot and take whatever painkillers he needs. Because then he'd never need to go to work again; if nothing else he could live off CD interest money, buy a big house and car and save all the rest. As it stands he's not set for life and it's his fault, so no, he's not "extremely intelligent".

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If he was "extremely intelligent" he'd lay off all the prescriptions and drugs after at least playing a few more years including 1 big contract with a bunch of guaranteed money, THEN retire and smoke pot and take whatever painkillers he needs. Because then he'd never need to go to work again; if nothing else he could live off CD interest money, buy a big house and car and save all the rest. As it stands he's not set for life and it's his fault, so no, he's not "extremely intelligent".
You know the Unabomber was an intellectual genius, yes? You equate money with intelligence......big mistake.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you’ve had as many drug related issues/suspensions as Gregory has had, you only miss a test for one reason and we all know that reason. Don’t tell me he forgot or just didn’t have the time. If he was truly clean there’s no way he’d miss a test unless he’s stupid beyond belief.

With all of the players that get tested, probability dictates that some missed tests actually were due to reasons other than because they expected to fail the test.

It might not be a large percentage that "legitimately" missed a test but it definitely can happen, especially during the off-season when players don't have the weekly team structure.

Once we consider that it is possible to unintentionally miss a test, then the punishment for missing a test is the next discussion point.

The missed test is generally treated as a failed test because obviously if the punishment is less for missing a test then players will always skip out instead of failing.

Having said that, hopefully for players in the program that are tested often get some margin for error such as being allowed to miss 1 of 10 or something like that.

Even the exception to allow missing 1 in 10 does not mean they get zero punishment for the missed test, but another suspension would be excessive if a player missed 1 test out of 10 or more.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

David Irving is clown that intentionally gave the league and the Cowboys the proverbial finger.

Randy Gregory is a guy that has some mental/emotional issue(s) and just can't keep himself together.

I can't feel bad per se for Gregory because of what thousands of people would do to get the opportunity that's he throwing away.

However, I can understand that many people have behaviors that they would like to change but just can't force themselves to do it (consistently).

The widely used modern surgical procedures to force people to eat less is an indicator that some people really do want to eat less.
They go through the pain, risks and cost of surgery in order to do something that other people can just do with will-power.
It's still hard for me to believe they can't find better options. Pay somebody to lock your fridge and take your car keys every evening...
By the same token, it's hard to believe that Gregory can't adhere if someone is dedicated to being with him all the time.
For cost of about 2 police officer salaries they could have someone with him 24/7.​

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I can see you’re extremely upset with Randy and I’m sorry.

I’m simply explaining to you that In reality there could be other reasons. Your emotional state isn’t letting you see that.

Are they likely? I don’t think so, but there are other possibilities. That’s why there’s a story about his appeal.

Upset? About a pothead NFL player that hasn’t done anything? LOL, hardly. I’m just pointing out the obvious and some in here are either in denial or in the excuse business. Frankly I couldn’t care less if he ever plays again. If he does, I hope he gets his head on straight and becomes an All-Pro. VERY unlikely, but I’d love to see it. At this point he’s shown me nothing but issues that keep him off the field.