Gregory up and running

cern

Reaction score
team seem to be taking the proper action in working him in slowly. first preseason game in two weeks. would like to see him get some action in pads and with hitting allowed.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The hits keep on coming.

That Randy was 200 lbs 6 months ago is even worse news. I didn't see that coming at all. Is he supposed to have put on 42 lbs of good muscle, all coordinated, in 6 months?

I had hoped for him to be weight training all the time he was away. Instead, he started 6 months ago. Fan freakin tastic.

And hearing that Marinelli is trimming them down doesn't thrill me either. I was psyched to hear that Tapper was up to 270.

Wikipedia had Haley at 255. Pro Football Reference at 252. And that's over 20 years ago. Olines are a lot bigger now.
Haley was not 255, he's said so himself.

Broaddus has and others have said that Randy looks good physically.

Dre11

Reaction score
Hold on there Kazz; Gregory gave fans zero reason to believe in him. Every chance he got he didnt stop the pot.
He repeatedly failed drug test but, Oh the fans... I call BS on your jive post

I don't, I know as a fan you just want to think of these players as just an entertainment object with tons of money, fans tend to forget that these guys are human beings and they have issues and problems too that money can't fix. Being a coach and being around young men from different backgrounds and some with issues, I look at the person not the fact he's just an athlete. Some of these same people that ridicule and kill these guys probably smoke weed, drink and drive, or have issues of their own, but because they're not in the public eyes to get caught, nobody would know. I've seen people say on these boards they think weed should be legal and I've seen people say they take a hit every now and then recreationally. Sometimes compassion and not giving up on someone with a problem is the best solution. Sure he failed drug test, he had an addiction, just as many other people in this world whether it's cigarettes,alcohol,heroine,pills, and some highly obese folks have an addiction to food ,but he did what was asked and went to rehab to get help.

Dre11

Reaction score
This doesn't make sense. If you mean after repeated failed test and a one year suspension I should have said " I believe in him? No thank you I pass. However I respect his efforts to get back his life and support that all the way. I lost idiot compassion years ago.

I'm not being funny here, but Damn, what if it was your family member? You would lose compassion?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I don't, I know as a fan you just want to think of these players as just an entertainment object with tons of money, fans tend to forget that these guys are human beings and they have issues and problems too that money can't fix. Being a coach and being around young men from different backgrounds and some with issues, I look at the person not the fact he's just an athlete. Some of these same people that ridicule and kill these guys probably smoke weed, drink and drive, or have issues of their own, but because they're not in the public eyes to get caught, nobody would know. I've seen people say on these boards they think weed should be legal and I've seen people say they take a hit every now and then recreationally. Sometimes compassion and not giving up on someone with a problem is the best solution. Sure he failed drug test, he had an addiction, just as many other people in this world whether it's cigarettes,alcohol,heroine,pills, and some highly obese folks have an addiction to food ,but he did what was asked and went to rehab to get help.

There are a couple of different aspect to the argument. My reply to the OP was based on his calling out for not supporting a player who gave no reason to see he'd stop. No evidence of ceasing the habit.[1] It wasn't about the right or wrong of weed.
[2]This isnt about the person/player and his humanity. Period stop.
It was about did I have confidence he'd quit and get reinstated. Period Stop.

Dre11

Reaction score
There are a couple of different aspect to the argument. My reply to the OP was based on his calling out for not supporting a player who gave no reason to see he'd stop. No evidence of ceasing the habit.[1] It wasn't about the right or wrong of weed.
[2]This isnt about the person/player and his humanity. Period stop.
It was about did I have confidence he'd quit and get reinstated. Period Stop.

But you're basing your feelings on his availability to entertain you, right? At this time as a fan wouldn't you say support is what he needs?

J-man

Reaction score
I hope for the best for him and our defense. If he can come back and be the rusher he was thought to be...man that would give us A LOT of real talent at DE for once.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
242 pounds.

This tempers my excitement for any real contribution from him this year. At a min, he needs to tack on 10-15lbs to be anywhere close to 4-3 DE weight of 260+lbs. Player generally DO NOT gain weight during the training camp or regular season. It's usually a supervised process with a professional. Maybe it just me but unless he somehow gains some needed weight, his impact will be a min this year. Hell, at it stands now, he's a DE lighter than at three of our starting LBers.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This tempers my excitement for any real contribution from him this year. At a min, he needs to tack on 10-15lbs to be anywhere close to 4-3 DE weight of 260+lbs. Player generally DO NOT gain weight during the training camp or regular season. It's usually a supervised process with a professional. Maybe it just me but unless he somehow gains some needed weight, his impact will be a min this year. Hell, at it stands now, he's a DE lighter than at three of our starting LBers.
The only hope I have is that D-Law is only 250 and had a impressive year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The only hope I have is that D-Law is only 250 and had a impressive year.

To be honest, I just remembered he's listed on the non-injury list. It could very be the FO is working to get his weight back. I can certainly see 250-255 being their goal for this year. Bottom line, they weren't allowed any contact until his reinstatement. Now they're trying to piece him back together so to speak.....lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
To be honest, I just remembered he's listed on the non-injury list. It could very be the FO is working to get his weight back. I can certainly see 250-255 being their goal for this year. Bottom line, they weren't allowed any contact until his reinstatement. Now they're trying to piece him back together so to speak.....lol
He has had plenty of time to put the weight on. I wonder if he can physically put it on and hold it. Especially through TC. Much less through the season. His metabolism may run to fast. He has only been able to put on about 7 pounds in 3 years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has had plenty of time to put the weight on. I wonder if he can physically put it on and hold it. Especially through TC. Much less through the season. His metabolism may run to fast. He has only been able to put on about 7 pounds in 3 years.

Could be an on-going process this year...........