Gregory's tape >>>> Bosa's tape

Angus12

Reaction score
And who cares if you hate the Watt comparisons; they make you look ignorant to history nonetheless. Nebraksa runs a 4-3 and Watt was their SDE. He outweighed him by 20 lbs not 30 and while he is a beast now he dropped out of the top 10 for the exact same reasoning as we see now from you. It it what it is.
Ouch.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Watching Gregory last season, he seemed to really have burst off the line but he wasn't strong enough to shed blocks and get to the QB.

agreed. If he can clean up his act I see a good future for Gregory. Until he puts some weight on he's really only got one effective move. Not going to work at this level.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yup...I've been told by multiple people that Spence was the better pass rusher at Ohio State. Bosa the better all around player. I've written up a report on Bosa, I invite you to go check it out on my draft sticky. I come to my own predictions with no preconceived ideas on these guys. Agree to disagree, but I just don't love Bosa at 4. I'll take Ramsey and Jack over him in a heartbeat.

Oh and by the way, show me the clip of Bosa ever grabbing the edge on a tackle and getting outside on him. He doesnt..... I don't care what he tests at and what the numbers say, the film doesn't lie. Elite edge pass rushers can bend, grab the edge and turn the corner... Bosa can't do that.

I've been told by multiple people that Spence was the better pass rusher at Ohio State. Bosa the better all around player.

Dane Brugler biggest Ohio State Fan believes this too!

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@Phil71v No doubt, Spence is the superior speed rusher. Bosa the better all around player though.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@belford93 Bosa bends no problem. Is he an elite speed rusher off the edge? No. But he doesn't need to be. Advances in other ways.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@gschiller13 Disruption means A LOT more to me than sacks. Von Miller had only 11 sacks, but it's the way he disrupts the game.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@puckingfeyson I think he'll be a consistent disruptor. I don't know how it will quantify to sack production, but he will disrupt offenses.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@mighty_JoeSab Spence is a top-10 talent, but I think there will be better players at 4. Spence better in a 3-4, has some struggles vs run

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@st_michael4 Spence is a heckuva pass rusher. Also has major issues vs. the run. Bosa has more impact potential IMO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dane Brugler biggest Ohio State Fan believes this too!

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@Phil71v No doubt, Spence is the superior speed rusher. Bosa the better all around player though.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@belford93 Bosa bends no problem. Is he an elite speed rusher off the edge? No. But he doesn't need to be. Advances in other ways.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@gschiller13 Disruption means A LOT more to me than sacks. Von Miller had only 11 sacks, but it's the way he disrupts the game.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@puckingfeyson I think he'll be a consistent disruptor. I don't know how it will quantify to sack production, but he will disrupt offenses.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@mighty_JoeSab Spence is a top-10 talent, but I think there will be better players at 4. Spence better in a 3-4, has some struggles vs run

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
@st_michael4 Spence is a heckuva pass rusher. Also has major issues vs. the run. Bosa has more impact potential IMO.

:laugh: At least this time it's not OSU fans.

Spence is .3 seconds slower on 3 cone. and .15 slower on the shuttle.

He was .06 faster on the 40 but Bosa is far and away the better athlete.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
:laugh: At least this time it's not OSU fans.

Spence is .3 seconds slower on 3 cone. and .15 slower on the shuttle.

He was .06 faster on the 40 but Bosa is far and away the better athlete.

Brugler is being honest about the prospect, a little biased as an Ohio State fan but he is a well respected evaluator.

He simply indicated Bosa, in his view, is a better overall player but Spence is the better pure edge pass rusher.

He has no problems with both being the case in his view.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Brugler is being honest about the prospect, a little biased as an Ohio State fan but he is a well respected evaluator.

He simply indicated Bosa, in his view, is a better overall player but Spence is the better pure edge pass rusher.

He has no problems with both being the case in his view.

He never said that Spence was the better edge rusher. He said speed rusher. Repeating yourself doesn't change that.

Broaddus is the one that says he has no problem being wrong.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He never said that Spence was the better edge rusher. He said speed rusher. Repeating yourself doesn't change that.

You are really calling your credibility into question now, Dane believes Spence is a superior edge rusher as a speed pass rusher and anything to do with dynamic ability off the edge.

He admits Bosa is not an elite edge rusher and that Spence is superior as a speed pass rusher, meaning rushing off the edge with speed...sheesh!

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler

His criticism is with Spence with regard to the 4-3 is size with point of attack reference and the run game, the same others applied to Gregory.

The only reason you do not want to admit this fact is because it frustrates your Bosa contention with regard to edge rush ability.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

He is saying these words himself, nice try but too bad for you!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/01/22/draft-show-senior-bowl-preview-danes-top-50

47:27 to 49:39

Broaddus says no one with better explosiveness in this draft coming off the ball than Spence, Dane Brugler says "absolutely".

Broaddus says Spence is the best pass rusher in this draft, Dane Brugler "I Agree, Yep"!

This puts the nail in the coffin for you:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/02/05/draft-show-senior-bowl-review-danes-first-mock

17:48 to 20:51

Dane says case to be made Spence best pass rusher in entire draft class.

Broaddus Spence better than Bosa, Dane Brugler as a pass rusher "absolutely". 18:08

Enjoy!

Last edited:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/01/22/draft-show-senior-bowl-preview-danes-top-50

Broaddus says no one with better explosiveness in this draft coming off the ball than Spence, Dane Brugler says "absolutely".

Broaddus says Spence is the best pass rusher in this draft, Dane Brugler "I Agree, Yep"!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/02/05/draft-show-senior-bowl-review-danes-first-mock

Broaddus Spence better than Bosa, Dane Brugler as a pass rusher "absolutely". 18:08

Enjoy!

I agree with Broaddus and Dane on this one as well, but my biggest concern with Spence is the incredibly obvious one. He could very well be Randy Gregory part 2, but at a premium pick. It isn't like he was just suspended once from Ohio State, he was given another chance and very quickly ended up in trouble again. I certainly hope the kid has really cleaned himself up at Eastern Kentucky, but that is a HUGE risk after being completely burned just last season.

The other issue is that he had a tendency to wear down at the end of games without Bosa on the other side of him to draw some of those double teams away from him. It wasn't lack of effort, just worn down. For a team that finished 22nd in run defense last season and was completely gashed in the 4th quarter last season, that could end up making one aspect better while making another aspect worse.

Honestly, either player would improve the D-Line, although I do believe Bosa presents an immediate upgrade in both run and pass while Spence might end up having some growing pains in the run game in the NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Enjoy!

See here's the thing. It appears that Brugler is all over the place. The most recent twitter conversation was to clarify some of the ambiguity. What you are waving your hands at are Brugler giving affirmations to Broadduss' questions often in monosyllable tones.

You did say Spence was more dynamic but Brugler clearly is saying that Bosa has more in his rush repertoire than just the speed rush which is already very good.

Brugler also said on the most recent show that he thought Spence had trouble disengaging and redirecting when he didn't win off the line.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
See here's the thing. It appears that Brugler is all over the place. The most recent twitter conversation was to clarify some of the ambiguity. What you are waving your hands at are Brugler giving affirmations to Broadduss' questions often in monosyllable tones.

You did say Spence was more dynamic but Brugler clearly is saying that Bosa has more in his rush repertoire than just the speed rush which is already very good.

Brugler also said on the most recent show that he thought Spence had trouble disengaging and redirecting when he didn't win off the line.

Brugler said point blank Spence is the better pass rusher that was what you were questioning ultimately.

Brugler is not all over the place, he is saying Bosa is the better overall player but Spence is the better pass rusher, he does not think Spence is as complete of a player.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I was more impressed with Bosa's 2014 season than his 2015 season film. I believe it was the Michigan State game, he was causing such problems they had THREE people blocking him. It was something else. His 2015 film still looked good though. I've seen plays where when he doesn't completely beat an O-Lineman with a move on a run play, he'll overpower his blocker and clog up a running lane. Like with Jack, the more I see of Bosa, the more I'm liking as well.

As for Gregory, I'm not sure his tape was THAT much better. I don't think anyone would deny how good Gregory was in college, what people questioned is if he could translate well into a DE in the NFL; especially a 4-3 DE.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Brugler said point blank Spence is the better pass rusher that was what you were questioning ultimately.

Brugler is not all over the place, he is saying Bosa is the better overall player but Spence is the better pass rusher, he does not think Spence is as complete of a player.

And again most recently when getting into specifics he said what I said. As I said he seems all over the place particularly because its Broaddus that is dictating the narrative you're waving your hands at. He clarifies in his most recent tweets that he sees him as the better 'speed rusher' and then talks of Bosa in the dynamics of his rush.

Look if you want to think that Spence, who does struggle to disengage when the tackle gets his hands on him, is the 'better pass rusher' then go for it. Reads more like advertising than reason.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
And again most recently when getting into specifics he said what I said. As I said he seems all over the place particularly because its Broaddus that is dictating the narrative you're waving your hands at. He clarifies in his most recent tweets that he sees him as the better 'speed rusher' and then talks of Bosa in the dynamics of his rush.

Look if you want to think that Spence, who does struggle to disengage when the tackle gets his hands on him, is the 'better pass rusher' then go for it. Reads more like advertising than reason.

You are wrong on both fronts so we can simply agree to disagree.

I concur with Dane, Spence is the better pass rusher, absolutely but Bosa is the better player.

Like Dane said himself, Spence is the best pass rusher in this draft class even better than Bosa but he is not the better player and defensive end prospect.

This does not denigrate Bosa so you can stop defending this for no reason, it is simply stating Spence is the better pass rusher, only as a pass rusher.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You are wrong on both fronts so we can simply agree to disagree.

I concur with Dane, Spence is the better pass rusher, absolutely but Bosa is the better player.

Like Dane said himself, Spence is the best pass rusher in this draft class even better than Bosa but he is not the better player and defensive end prospect.

This does not denigrate Bosa so you can stop defending this for no reason, it is simply stating Spence is the better pass rusher, only as a pass rusher.

You don't address anything I say particularly. You keep on waving your hands at his answers to Broaddus questions last month and ignoring what he just said on twitter and on the most recent show when he gets into specifics.

I know you want it x > y oversimplified but that does nothing to tell me how either would perform as a Dallas Cowboy. Dane said that Spence struggled to get off blocks; that is not remotely limited to run blocks. When a blocker gets his hands on him it's over.

Bosa has the power to rip and club defenders that get their hands on him and the agility to maintain his rush while doing so.

Also Bosa is clearly the better overall athlete of any of the prospects he is being compared to. His cone and shuttle are .2+ better than all the others. Guys that are 20 lbs less than him only run .06 better in the 40. They do all have similar jump scores but at the end of the day shuttle and cone are the most correlated to DE success in the NFL.

His 4.21 shuttle and 6.89 cone are elite. It would also be better than Lawson, Spence, and absolutely blows Buckner away.

locked&loaded

Reaction score

Enjoy!

Ha. Just let him be. I don't think he has any friends

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You don't address anything I say particularly. You keep on waving your hands at his answers to Broaddus questions last month and ignoring what he just said on twitter and on the most recent show when he gets into specifics.

I know you want it x > y oversimplified but that does nothing to tell me how either would perform as a Dallas Cowboy. Dane said that Spence struggled to get off blocks; that is not remotely limited to run blocks. When a blocker gets his hands on him it's over.

Bosa has the power to rip and club defenders that get their hands on him and the agility to maintain his rush while doing so.

Also Bosa is clearly the better overall athlete of any of the prospects he is being compared to. His cone and shuttle are .2+ better than all the others. Guys that are 20 lbs less than him only run .06 better in the 40. They do all have similar jump scores but at the end of the day shuttle and cone are the most correlated to DE success in the NFL.

His 4.21 shuttle and 6.89 cone are elite. It would also be better than Lawson, Spence, and absolutely blows Buckner away.

Specifics, Dane Brugler "Spence is a better pass rusher, absolutely"!

Dallas has nothing to do with this situation.

You are so deep in denial, agenda talk is all you have while you ignore what the guy said over and over again on the subject, literally!

I do not want anything, Brugler has stated that Spence is the better pass rusher out of the two players, why is that so hard for you to comprehend without diversion and mental gymnastics on a base level?

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Specifics, Dane Brugler "Spence is a better pass rusher, absolutely"!

Dallas has nothing to do with this situation.

You are so deep in denial, agenda talk is all you have while you ignore what the guy said over and over again on the subject, literally!

I do not want anything, Brugler has stated that Spence is the better pass rusher out of the two players, why is that so hard for you to comprehend without diversion and mental gymnastics on a base level?

Again, Brugler is all over the place. You ignore pretty much everything that I say and repeat yourself. He has a different story when he isn't responding to Broaddus' leading questions. When he explains himself its not so cut and dry.

Again Spence cannot get off blocks and is weak. Bosa is objectively the better athlete. Deal with it.

What started this btw was your claim that Spence was more dynamic. You are just rying to win a point at this point. I agree Brugler said what you said in the context mentioned above. Taht does not mitigate the rest of what he said for all of your handwaving and need for oversimplification.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ha. Just let him be. I don't think he has any friends

It's so cute when people get like this because they get frustrated with an argument. Social relativism is the solace of the weak mind

I generally don't befriend people that are passive aggressive as such. If you haven't noticed I am rather direct.