Gronkowski to TB

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Apparently Rob Gronkowski wants back in as long as he goes to TB.
He’s under contract with the Pats for 10 mil but if he wants out he can force their hand.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Seems like Gronk was more done with Belichick than he was with football.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tells-pats-he-wants-to-return-play-with-bucs/

So now the Bucs have 3 good tes and the Cowboys still have none. How does Gronk the best te in history slip out the back door to Tampa w a 7th rd pick for a measely 4th round pick?

Flamma

Reaction score
Speaks to how Belichick wears on people. Seems he wanted out of NE more than he wanted out of football.

Or he just wanted back in the league? Maybe Brady gave him a call? Why would he pick NE when his buddy is in Tampa with a high powered offense? I would have done exactly what Gronk did.

So now the Bucs have 3 good tes and the Cowboys still have none. How does Gronk the best te in history slip out the back door to Tampa w a 7th rd pick for a measely 4th round pick?

That's easy, Belichick. I think he makes those decisions. Ask him. Do you think he cares what others think? He has zero to lose while mending fences, somewhat.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score

NE didn’t have a choice.
If NE didn’t play ball in the trade Gronk could submit his paperwork which puts him back on NE’s roster with his 10 mil salary cap hit. That would immediately put NE 9 mil or so over the cap so they would have to cut Gronk or other players to get under the cap.
If they tried to send him elsewhere he could re-retire or holdout for a new contract.

Gronk actually did NE a favor by waiting to turn in his papers but BB knew he didn’t have a ton of time or leverage.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tampa Bay, undefeated, top scoring offense, best defense; greatest team in NFL history.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love reading the comments of the whiners, and those that always see green grass elsewhere. Dallas should pay nobody, draft all number ones, pick up every player traded, cut, and waived.

Flamma

Reaction score
We should’ve traded for Minkah Fitzpatrick like I said.

This is definitely something we should have tried. He's on the 3rd year of his rookie contract and playing a position that would have helped us. That's a minimum of two more years before any extension kicks in.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Everything is so shot term.

From head coach to quarterback to tight end now.

If they don't win it all in two years (and they won't), it all falls apart.

Where would the Bucs be going without them?
They haven't made the playoffs in over a decade.

Brady and Gronk. I'd take it.

And are you counting on Dak being here long term? Because I'm not. Tampa actually has Brady signed for 2 years. We have Dak signed for 0.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where would the Bucs be going without them?
They haven't made the playoffs in over a decade.

Brady and Gronk. I'd take it.

And are you counting on Dak being here long term? Because I'm not. Tampa actually has Brady signed for 2 years. We have Dak signed for 0.

Yes, I am. And clearly the Cowboys are as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I love reading the comments of the whiners, and those that always see green grass elsewhere. Dallas should pay nobody, draft all number ones, pick up every player traded, cut, and waived.

Where is our green grass?

Tampa just added Tom Brady and Gronk.. That could’ve been Dallas..

Instead.. We move on with mediocrity and we will pay it long term..

This franchise is weak and the front office has no cajones.

Our chances at a Super Bowl would be drastically better with Brady and Gronk on the team vs what it is now.