Gronkowski to TB

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Barring injuries who is gonna stop this offense, Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Jones and either OJ Howard or Brate,,they will draft O-Line and D in the draft and meet the Chiefs in the SB
no doubt, and barring injuries, etc, who was going to stop us last year? To me, on paper will not win a Super Bowl. To many if's if you ask me. If I am a Tampa fan I fear OJ, Evans, and Godwin will see less passes which could form ego and locker room problems. That could be a breaking point if not manager properly...we know about this very well in Dallas

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't get your take on the bolded part. I get he acts like a bit of a flake and what he does off the field can be a little out there, but as a football player all that matters is what he does on the football field and what his teammates and opposing teams think about him., and in that regard he has been nothing but a stud on the football field his entire career
He only wants to play with Brady, nobody else. LIke or hate Dez he will play for any team who takes a chance on him. He was traded for a bag of toenail clippers and clearly isn't the threat he once was. Of course there is no risk, outside of guys fighting for passes on the team now. Again, if not manager it can/will affect a team....we know this in D

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
no doubt, and barring injuries, etc, who was going to stop us last year? To me, on paper will not win a Super Bowl. To many if's if you ask me. If I am a Tampa fan I fear OJ, Evans, and Godwin will see less passes which could form ego and locker room problems. That could be a breaking point if not manager properly...we know about this very well in Dallas

Who got injured last year that should have stopped us from winning? There will be no ego issues in that dressing room next year because every guy in that dressing room will have no choice but to respect Tom Brady....only way around that is if Brady falls off a cliff next season and finally gets old and even then it would takes weeks and weeks for any player to speak out.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He only wants to play with Brady, nobody else. LIke or hate Dez he will play for any team who takes a chance on him. He was traded for a bag of toenail clippers and clearly isn't the threat he once was. Of course there is no risk, outside of guys fighting for passes on the team now. Again, if not manager it can/will affect a team....we know this in D

So? he only wants to play with Brady in what way does that make him a player you wouldn't want on your team, better he plays for somebody he wants to play for then to take money from a team or QB he doesn't want to play for

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So? he only wants to play with Brady in what way does that make him a player you wouldn't want on your team, better he plays for somebody he wants to play for then to take money from a team or QB he doesn't want to play for
doesn't matter if I want him, he won't play with me shows he'd be content to not just play. Sure that is fine, but I would want a hungry player. Anyhow, can't explain myself anymore either guys get what I am saying or don't. Agree or disagree is fine..

Cheers

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah, no issue at all either good or bad. I can't take him seriously seeing that he spends his time trying to be a wrestler and dresses up as a Tiger on a reality show to be honest. I am happy as heck we finally let Witten go, and see what we have in other without jeopardizing a run for a ring. Tampa has tha making of a contender, so why ruffle the feathers of guys who have fought for a spot the last couple of years to bring in a guy who clearly loves the limelight? He's enjoying life, and great he is doing so as a life away from football so stay healthy and enjoy it as he needs to and has done. It's not like he hasn't had insignificant injuries over time is it? I wonder how many throws Evans will now not get? It's a tricky slide Tampa is on, which will either work out real well or blow up in their face. Sorry, don't see it as a need but heck, not my team, lol.

Like I thought. You have some kind of personal agenda with the guy. Apparently about wrestling. Weird, but whatever.

What Tampa did was amazing. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. They had absolutely nothing to lose. Didnt give up anything to get Brady and their incumbent Winston was a joke.

Not sure how it could blow up in their face. They have been one of the worst franchises for decades. What exactly is going to blow up?

Pretty much a no lose situation to me.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Who got injured last year that should have stopped us from winning? There will be no ego issues in that dressing room next year because every guy in that dressing room will have no choice but to respect Tom Brady....only way around that is if Brady falls off a cliff next season and finally gets old and even then it would takes weeks and weeks for any player to speak out.
no choice? You have no idea there will be no ego's, the thinking is there won't be but who knows really? Wait and see, wait and see. Heck, there may not even be any Football, lol

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Like I thought. You have some kind of personal agenda with the guy. Apparently about wrestling. Weird, but whatever.

What Tampa did was amazing. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. They had absolutely nothing to lose. Didnt give up anything to get Brady and their incumbent Winston was a joke.

Not sure how it could blow up in their face. They have been one of the worst franchises for decades. What exactly is going to blow up?

Pretty much a no lose situation to me.
I said they have nothing to lose, and it can blow up in their face. Any more a team make can work the same way. Again, in my opinion I think it will fail, so what? Am I not allowed to think this? The guarantee is that it's great for the NFL, and for their franchise. I already said it was genius. If they don't win a super bowl they will still win in other ways. Because I don't agree with you I have hate for Gronk? He's actually entertaining, don't see him as much of a player at this point at all.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
no choice? You have no idea there will be no ego's, the thinking is there won't be but who knows really? Wait and see, wait and see. Heck, there may not even be any Football, lol

Not a person/player in that dressing room who would have the balls to take on Tom Brady not one, they are a bunch of kids next to him and they will give him the respect he has earned whether he plays well or not

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Not a person/player in that dressing room who would have the balls to take on Tom Brady not one, they are a bunch of kids next to him and they will give him the respect he has earned whether he plays well or not
doesn't mean they won't protest silently....or they won't. That's why you have to play the games before you are deemed the winner

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
doesn't mean they won't protest silently....or they won't. That's why you have to play the games before you are deemed the winner

We will see. i just wouldn't want to be Mike Evans going back to the huddle after he drops a pass (like he's done many times when Winston was his QB) that hit him right in the hands

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We will see. i just wouldn't want to be Mike Evans going back to the huddle after he drops a pass (like he's done many times when Winston was his QB) that hit him right in the hands
This has nothing to do with Brady LOL. You guys are not reading my thread replies. I have zero problem with Brady, none. I don't think Gronk was needed to make this team a contender. Same way Dez is not needed in Dallas but very well may wind up here....and no, I wouldn't want to be Evans either

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said they have nothing to lose, and it can blow up in their face. Any more a team make can work the same way. Again, in my opinion I think it will fail, so what? Am I not allowed to think this? The guarantee is that it's great for the NFL, and for their franchise. I already said it was genius. If they don't win a super bowl they will still win in other ways. Because I don't agree with you I have hate for Gronk? He's actually entertaining, don't see him as much of a player at this point at all.

You can think whatever you want, you just seem angry about it.

Not sure what you are expecting from Gronk. 750 yards and 6 TD's would be incredible and he is more than capable of that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The entire team is now busting their butts to get in shape because Brady is now the QB. They are recommitting and busting their butts because Brady gives them real hope and they know he will hold them accountable. They have the best leader in the history of football.

THAT alone will make them a better team, not even talking about the on field stuff. Gronk will help with chemistry and leadership and make that offense a TD machine and mismatch problem everywhere.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Brady LOL. You guys are not reading my thread replies. I have zero problem with Brady, none. I don't think Gronk was needed to make this team a contender. Same way Dez is not needed in Dallas but very well may wind up here....and no, I wouldn't want to be Evans either

Dez is 100% not coming here. Dez is a joke compared to Gronk. Definitely not the same caliber player or leader.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you mean you hope.
I don't care enough to "hope". Brady has 5 or 6 rings already right? What's another? I'm not one of these people that thinks another ring or another failure hurts or helps his legacy. Much easier to hate the Pats with Brady than it is without him.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
NE didn’t have a choice.
If NE didn’t play ball in the trade Gronk could submit his paperwork which puts him back on NE’s roster with his 10 mil salary cap hit. That would immediately put NE 9 mil or so over the cap so they would have to cut Gronk or other players to get under the cap.
If they tried to send him elsewhere he could re-retire or holdout for a new contract.

Gronk actually did NE a favor by waiting to turn in his papers but BB knew he didn’t have a ton of time or leverage.

How much time do you need to pick up a phone and call the Cowboys. They havent had a great TE in 10 years or a good te in 6 years. We should be the ones calling for Gronk, Jared Cook, Jimmy Graham. They had all last season and Fa period also.

They are Delusional about the position. Weve spent 100 million on tes and we have 1 playoff td in 15 yrs to show for it. Thats not a success story because weve had NONE

It ranks right up there with fullbacks that we pay for Nothing.

Save tha money for the doers not the talkers.

Its ok if the tes and the fbs suck. Lets keep using them and maybe one day our offense around them can carry the scoring load.

Last edited: