Gronkowski to TB

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Does that mean they’ll become the 2nd most valuable franchise in the league?
what does franchise value have to do with anything? This will sell seats and get them on tv, and is the only guarantee

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You apparently know little about the Bucs team. Talent isn't close to being an issue. There's plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. In fact, they were probably 10 less Winston interceptions from making the playoffs. Todd Bowles D has a couple of warts but they were solid. Bucs will win a min 10 games if Brady stays healthy. That may or may not be enough to make the playoffs. But to say Brady and Gronk don't make the Bucs a better team than Winston is ridiculous.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2019.htm
and you are down playing the roll that Bill had in the teams success in NE. Are you telling me Brady and Gronk were the major reason for their success? And where did I say they aren't better? With Brady for sure, and Gronk? That is the equivalent of us adding Dez at TE. As it stands he will be what, a 3rd option when healthy? Do you not believe this is a sideshow? Geeze, the dude wants to be a Masked Singer and a WWE title holder along with pretending to be a TE, lol.

Oh, by the way both players are a year older in a tougher NFC..none of this is ridiculous. Brady is running this team, nobody else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
and you are down playing the roll that Bill had in the teams success in NE. Are you telling me Brady and Gronk were the major reason for their success? And where did I say they aren't better? With Brady for sure, and Gronk? That is the equivalent of us adding Dez at TE. As it stands he will be what, a 3rd option when healthy? Do you not believe this is a sideshow? Geeze, the dude wants to be a Masked Singer and a WWE title holder along with pretending to be a TE, lol.

Oh, by the way both players are a year older in a tougher NFC..none of this is ridiculous. Brady is running this team, nobody else.
Talk about a silly statement. Gronk is a beast and Brady’s best weapon in ne. . Comparing him to dez is plain dumb.

aria

Reaction score
what does franchise value have to do with anything? This will sell seats and get them on tv, and is the only guarantee
It was somewhat of a joke because Jerry has had one of the biggest circuses in the league pulling moves like this and he has one of the most valuable franchises in the world despite over two decades of mediocrity.

Verdict

Reaction score
Patriots will probably get a 3rd out of Brady l’s departure next year and got a 4th (minus a 7th) salvage value out of a player that doesn’t even play for them anymore.

That’s some decent ammo for two guys that they weren’t going to get ANYTHING out of this year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Talk about a silly statement. Gronk is a beast and Brady’s best weapon in ne. . Comparing him to dez is plain dumb.

Gronk WAS a beast. Is he still a beast? IDK. We will see.

I don’t think you will see the same performance out of Brady or Gronk with the Bucs.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
actually your statment is ridiculous..Gronk was a beast, is basically a useless sideshow clown now. You have your opinion and I will have mine...enjoy your day Cowboy.

And if you know how to read I didn't compare him to Dez, I said the move is about the same as us adding Dez. Both are washed up, and really don't have much value aside the publicity to their teams.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It was somewhat of a joke because Jerry has had one of the biggest circuses in the league pulling moves like this and he has one of the most valuable franchises in the world despite over two decades of mediocrity.
I don't disagree with that lol. This is a Jerry move he may have made if we didn't have Dak, and Tom would want to play here. This is a genius move by Tampa as they are now relevant, and will get every one of their games on prime time! Doesn't make them a winner though, and that's my point some get and others don't.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
useless clown? Lol

ok buddy
he sells tickets, and a great guy no doubt. Let's see him make a difference on the team and I will eat my words. This is the year 2020 by the way. I wonder how tickled pink Bill is now that he got a pick for a guy who had no interest in playing football 3 weeks ago.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
he sells tickets, and a great guy no doubt. Let's see him make a difference on the team and I will eat my words. This is the year 2020 by the way. I wonder how tickled pink Bill is now that he got a pick for a guy who had no interest in playing football 3 weeks ago.....

He took a year off. Last year he played they won the SB. He is 30 years old and still in great shape. I am not worried about it.

You sound like you have a personal problem with the guy. LOL

Great move by the Bucs and Brady.

aria

Reaction score
I don't disagree with that lol. This is a Jerry move he may have made if we didn't have Dak, and Tom would want to play here. This is a genius move by Tampa as they are now relevant, and will get every one of their games on prime time! Doesn't make them a winner though, and that's my point some get and others don't.
Oh, I totally understand that. Brady has seemed to go downhill over the past few years and I bet Gronk is a shell of his former self but they do have some pretty stout offensive weapons. I'll be curious to see how Brady does without Hoody and not being in the worst division in football for the first time in his career.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Barring injuries who is gonna stop this offense, Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Jones and either OJ Howard or Brate,,they will draft O-Line and D in the draft and meet the Chiefs in the SB

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He took a year off. Last year he played they won the SB. He is 30 years old and still in great shape. I am not worried about it.

You sound like you have a personal problem with the guy. LOL

Great move by the Bucs and Brady.
Nah, no issue at all either good or bad. I can't take him seriously seeing that he spends his time trying to be a wrestler and dresses up as a Tiger on a reality show to be honest. I am happy as heck we finally let Witten go, and see what we have in other without jeopardizing a run for a ring. Tampa has tha making of a contender, so why ruffle the feathers of guys who have fought for a spot the last couple of years to bring in a guy who clearly loves the limelight? He's enjoying life, and great he is doing so as a life away from football so stay healthy and enjoy it as he needs to and has done. It's not like he hasn't had insignificant injuries over time is it? I wonder how many throws Evans will now not get? It's a tricky slide Tampa is on, which will either work out real well or blow up in their face. Sorry, don't see it as a need but heck, not my team, lol.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah, no issue at all either good or bad. I can't take him seriously seeing that he spends his time trying to be a wrestler and dresses up as a Tiger on a reality show to be honest. I am happy as heck we finally let Witten go, and see what we have in other without jeopardizing a run for a ring. Tampa has tha making of a contender, so why ruffle the feathers of guys who have fought for a spot the last couple of years to bring in a guy who clearly loves the limelight? He's enjoying life, and great he is doing so as a life away from football so stay healthy and enjoy it as he needs to and has done. It's not like he hasn't had insignificant injuries over time is it? I wonder how many throws Evans will now not get? It's a tricky slide Tampa is on, which will either work out real well or blow up in their face. Sorry, don't see it as a need but heck, not my team, lol.

I don't get your take on the bolded part. I get he acts like a bit of a flake and what he does off the field can be a little out there, but as a football player all that matters is what he does on the football field and what his teammates and opposing teams think about him., and in that regard he has been nothing but a stud on the football field his entire career