Gunman kills 12, injures 59 during screening of Batman movie in Aurora, CO

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The shocking thing to me is his Mom saying she knew it was him. How? And why didn't you alert authorities to him if he was exhibiting dangerous signs like this?

I am this [ ] close to being someone who is never again unarmed in a public place.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Hostile;4626983 said:
The shocking thing to me is his Mom saying she knew it was him. How? And why didn't you alert authorities to him if he was exhibiting dangerous signs like this?

I am this [ ] close to being someone who is never again unarmed in a public place.
:hammer: You got it Hos

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
03EBZ06;4626950 said:
That is horrible and I'm sure his attorney will plead insanity. Dude should have just killed himself.

Want him to be alive to answer for what he did. But then again he won't feel remorse or be sorry for what he did because it takes a emotionally messed up person to do something like this in the first place.

Just heard on CNN a 3 month old baby is among the injured. This guy knew that this was a place that children went to and didn't care.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hostile;4626983 said:

I already am and as of last week, my oldest daughter is one as well. (So is my wife.) If someone in that crowd had been armed, there would have been less dead IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4626988 said:
I already am and as of last week, my oldest daughter is one as well. (So is my wife.) If someone in that crowd had been armed, there would have been less dead IMO.
I pick and choose when I am armed, but I may be done picking and choosing and just choose to be from now on.

My problem is when I am armed it is often my .25 which is easily concealed, but is not a gun which you can get a CC permit because it is too small a caliber. My .357 is not as easy to conceal and I do not have a holster for it, though I may buy one today.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4626953 said:
In a better world, good upstanding citizens would be carrying firearms and would have put him down before it really got started.
:rolleyes: If it were you carrying probably would have been the first to die.
[youtube]8QjZY3WiO9s&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

RS12

Reaction score
Unfortunate that in a country of 300 million that there are a handful capable of something like this. Worst part is he was too gutless to take his own life.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4626988 said:

Guy was heavily armored.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Hostile;4626993 said:
I pick and choose when I am armed, but I may be done picking and choosing and just choose to be from now on.

My problem is when I am armed it is often my .25 which is easily concealed, but is not a gun which you can get a CC permit because it is too small a caliber. My .357 is not as easy to conceal and I do not have a holster for it, though I may buy one today.

Why does it matter that it's a small caliber weapon? i dont think it matters in VA.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I just heard that there were sick images in his apt and the apt is booby trapped. They can't figure out how to get in and get evidence.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Signals;4627001 said:
No, not at all. Go ahead and keep living in your dream there dude. You make me sick.

You have no idea what kind of firearms training I've had, get your pro gun control BS out of here.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I heard on the news his apt was booby trapped with sophisticated explosives.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Signals;4627001 said:

Even if that was true, at least he would have died trying to protect others--an honorable way to go.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4627020 said:
No, not at all. Go ahead and keep living in your dream there dude. You make me sick.

You have no idea what kind of firearms training I've had, get your pro gun control BS out of here.

Piece of ****

What is your problem? And he is right, the guy would have mowed you down and anyone else, because he had full body armor, tear gas and superior weapons, the end, end of conversation.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
03EBZ06;4626973 said:
I don't have pro or anti-gun agenda so I hope either side of gun issue isn't going to use this situation to further their agenda, but deep inside I know people will.

Seems like it has already started in this thread.

Sad.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627028 said:
What is your problem? And he is right, the guy would have mowed you down and anyone else, because he had full body armor, tear gas and superior weapons, the end, end of conversation.

Body armor is not impenetrable and the head is always a solid target.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627028 said:
Full body armor does not equal bullet proof. No, he's not right at all.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627028 said:

no face protection dummy. A good shot puts one right between the eyes

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS12;4627003 said:
Unfortunate that in a country of 300 million that there are a handful capable of something like this. Worst part is he was too gutless to take his own life.
I guess it matters whether he ever intended to conduct a mass murder/suicide. As MonsterD stated, he was wearing body armor. In my opinion, he wanted to deal out as much death as possible and witness the horrific results.

If he did contemplate mass murder/suicide, it is selfish that he did not simply take his own life and spared everyone else. That's my opinion it all murder/suicides. If the end result is your death by your own hand, why delay the inevitable? Just off yourself. You will not enjoy what you have done anyway.

Now we wait on his psychological evaluation. If he is mentally ill, I would lean toward his thinking about a mass murder/suicide that he did not pull off. If he is found competent, I will almost bet that he solely wanted to kill as many people as possible. There are people like that in the world too.