Gunman kills 12, injures 59 during screening of Batman movie in Aurora, CO

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4627030 said:
Body armor is not impenetrable and the head is always a solid target.

I saw his stuff after they took it off him, he had full SWAT type gear helmet, too, he would have killed anyone firing on him. How do you target him well when there is tear gas blinding you? It just isn't realistic, in another situation, maybe.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys need to stop the pro/anti gun talk and you also need to drop the personal insults and name calling.

It is not wanted or needed here.

No more warnings in this thread.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627036 said:
I saw his stuff after they took it off him, he had full SWAT type gear helmet, too, he would have killed anyone firing on him. How do you target him well when there is tear gas blinding you? It just isn't realistic, in another situation, maybe.

He had no face shield. Only a gas mask. Guess what? That is NOT bulletproof.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
burmafrd;4627040 said:
He had no face shield. Only a gas mask. Guess what? That is NOT bulletproof.

TEAR GAS and I would bet on his automatic weapon killing you when you get one bad shot off.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627036 said:

So by that rational the police would not have had a chance either? From what I heard the tear gas was'nt effective. And even if you were not able to put him down, perhaps you could have distracted him long enough for some women and children to escape, which IMO, would be totoally worth it.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4627043 said:
So by that rational the police would not have had a chance either? From what I heard the tear gas was'nt effective. And even if you were not able to put him down, perhaps you could have distracted him long enough for some women and children to escape, which IMO, would be totoally worth it.

Perhaps, or perhaps you could also hit someone in cross-fire. Police have some of the necessary gear to handle this.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627042 said:
TEAR GAS and I would bet on his automatic weapon killing you when you get one bad shot off.
Yep, let's all chalk it up as a loss due to tear gas.

You really don't seem to know a lot about firearms. Just because he had an automatic weapon doesn't mean he was accurately firing. He was 'spraying and praying' and not needing luck because it was a huge crowd of people.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627044 said:
Perhaps, or perhaps you could also hit someone in cross-fire. Police have some of the necessary gear to handle this.
Leave it all to the police, we don't need to fend for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627044 said:

Police kill more people in x-fire than lawfully armed civilans. And police do not spotanously appear when somthing like this happens. Many people can die while waiting for them to respond.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627042 said:

someone who clearly knows very little about weapons.

Automatic weapons are very inaccurate.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4627046 said:
Yep, let's all chalk it up as a loss due to tear gas.

You really don't seem to know a lot about firearms. Just because he had an automatic weapon doesn't mean he was accurately firing. He was 'spraying and praying' and not needing luck because it was a huge crowd of people.

I don't know the guy might have had training as well as you have had, I haven't heard anything about his background.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627051 said:
I don't know the guy might have had training as well as you have had, I haven't heard anything about his background.
Either way, I know one thing for sure. Those people would have had a better chance if lawfully armed people were there and able to stand up. No way you can disagree with that...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627051 said:

Dude, who cares. What's the alternative? Sit there, do nothing, and watch people die in mass. You've got to try.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4627053 said:
Either way, I know one thing for sure. Those people would have had a better chance if lawfully armed people were there and able to stand up. No way you can disagree with that...

They might have had a better chance, yes I agree, a distraction is better than nothing.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4627054 said:
Dude, who cares. What's the alternative? Sit there, do nothing, and watch people die in mass. You've got to try.

guess not with some. They just sit there and die and do nothing. MonsterD must be like that.

burmafrd

Reaction score
AT THE VERY LEAST someone shooting back at him takes his attention away from shooting at others.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
MonsterD;4627055 said:
They might have had a better chance, yes I agree, a distraction is better than nothing.
*sigh*

Because only the 'well trained' Police can do better than a distraction. C'mon man...:rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4627053 said:

Were there any lawfully armed people there?

burmafrd

Reaction score
joseephuss;4627060 said:
Were there any lawfully armed people there?

none of the reports mention anyone firing back so it looks like there wasn't.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
The dual nature of evil: the direct assault on the people involved, then the subversive attack of sowing discord amongst the commentators. More antagonization and division based on one *******s mania.