Gurode a bust?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Peterman60 said:
Yeah, Gurode is a bust...The orginal plan was to start Peterman at RG, but injury haulted his introduction into the starting lineup.

We'll see Peterman in 2005.

i hope you're joking :p

Eskimo

Reaction score
Peterman60 said:
Yeah, Gurode is a bust...The orginal plan was to start Peterman at RG, but injury haulted his introduction into the starting lineup.

No offense, but Peterman looked like the worst OL on the team in preseason. He did have the misfortune of playing with a cast, though. He really does need to get in much, much better physical condition than he was - only player on the team with an old school OL gut.

Hopefully a year in the gym and he'll look better next TC. I still don't think he can beat out Gurode who has been solid this year.

His best chance at playing will come when LA retires. He can compete with Tucker for that spot when it comes open.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
No offense, but Peterman looked like the worst OL on the team in preseason. He did have the misfortune of playing with a cast, though. He really does need to get in much, much better physical condition than he was - only player on the team with an old school OL gut.

Hopefully a year in the gym and he'll look better next TC. I still don't think he can beat out Gurode who has been solid this year.

His best chance at playing will come when LA retires. He can compete with Tucker for that spot when it comes open.

well said...i was kinda dissapointed with his play but i think he can come back and at the very least give us solid depth and maybe take over when LA hangs 'em up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
well said...i was kinda dissapointed with his play but i think he can come back and at the very least give us solid depth and maybe take over when LA hangs 'em up.
He and Jacob Rogers need to pan out in the near future.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He'll be back without ever acknowledging he spoke out of a southern orifice. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see major spin control to try and rationalize it.

I see that we run it left 80% of the time? Teams know that and we are still as effective!

Does that include all the Anderson draws up the middle? Curious - Hos please post the direct link to those stats? Thanks!

Where are the stats on running up the middle?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I knew when someone posted the actual stats it would be exactly the opposite of the claim.

Still a bust at early #2 pick. We run 80% left for a reason..........

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
I see that we run it left 80% of the time? Teams know that and we are still as effective!

Does that include all the Anderson draws up the middle? Curious - Hos please post the direct link to those stats? Thanks!

Where are the stats on running up the middle?

Give it up . . .

You got owned . . .

Admit it and **** . . .

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
Situational RB stats from ESPN.

Eddie George

Right side: 22/76, 3.5
Left side: 41/138, 3.4
Middle: 36/104, 2.9
Left sideline: 11/57, 5.7
Right sideline: 12/36, 3.0

Richie Anderson

Right side: 7/31, 4.4
Left side: 9/33, 3.7
Middle: 17/82 4.8
Left sideline: 9/48 5.3
Right sideline: 11/33 3.0

ReShard Lee

Right side: 3/21, 7.0
Left side: 7/46, 6.6
Middle: 12/53, 4.4
Left sideline: 1/1, 1.0
Right sideline: 4/7, 1.8

Hos in his rush to bust my chops got so Giddy he excluded stats he didn't like. Big suprise -

Ommitted were the Left Sideline and Right sideline averages!

Here's the team average based on these 3 (Jules was omitted?)

Running averages!

Right 4.26
Right Sideline 2.85
Average Running Right 3.59

Left 3.80
Left Sideline 5.04
Average running Left 4.14

We run more to the left and more efficiently to the left. No suprise when the facts are sorted out.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Nors said:
Hos in his rush to bust my chops got so Giddy he excluded stats he didn't like. Big suprise -

Running averages!

Right 4.26
Right Sideline 2.85

Left 3.80
Left Sideline 5.04

We run more to the left and more efficiently to the left. No suprise when the facts are sorted out.

When you are running to the right sideline, you've got an extra blocker in the TE who is responsible for getting important blocks so the situations aren't comparable.

The whole thread was about Gurode and the ability to run on the right side of the line. That is runs up the gut on the right, not sideline sweeps.

Anyhow, it is plain to everyone that we can't run effectively anywhere on the line, not even behind out two Pro Bowlers (Allen, Adams). This means that there is a systemic problem. I think it goes beyond our RBs (although they aren't helping things our tremendously) and goes all the way up to our OL coach.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Midswat said:
Give it up . . .

You got owned . . .

Admit it and **** . . .

Get your stuff straight. You can't even get the results right!

We run it more to the left at .5 YPC better average. Gurode is a near bust for where he was drafted. He's nothing more than an average NFL player at best.

**** ? Nice, but certain mod talk like that too so its par for the course.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:

Running averages!

Right 4.26
Right Sideline 2.85

Left 3.80
Left Sideline 5.04

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

LEFT SIDE 2 4 2.0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 1
LEFT SIDELINE 1 8 8.0 8 0 1 7 7.0 7 0 0 0

Thats 3-12 4.0

RIGHT SIDELINE 2 4 2.0 3 0 1 7 7.0 7 0

Thats 2-4 2.0

Was previously omitted.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Peterman60 said:

There's a reason we drafted Oline help for the right side last draft.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors said:
There's a reason we drafted Oline help for the right side last draft.

Peterman was backing up Allen, Genius.

Still a bust at early #2 pick. We run 80% left for a reason..........

Is that another number you just pulled out of your southern orifice again? Care to PROVE that we run left 80% of the time? Cuz I've got my life savings in my hand and I'm willing to bet all of it that you are WRONG... again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

Running averages!

Right 4.26
Right Sideline 2.85

Left 3.80
Left Sideline 5.04

I don't personally think you can consider "sideline" averages because those types of plays usually involve a lineman pulling from one side of the line and moving to the other... especially the guards.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Sweeps have OL in space blocking on the move, you cannot say which lineman is blocking what in that direction.

Sweeps to the left many times have Allen down blocking with Gurode pulling.

If anything, that stat proves Tucker can't run block.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Get your stuff straight. You can't even get the results right!

We run it more to the left at .5 YPC better average. Gurode is a near bust for where he was drafted. He's nothing more than an average NFL player at best.

**** ? Nice, but certain mod talk like that too so its par for the course.

Dude . . . you're the biggest ___-clown this board has.

You have zero credibility . . . and you prove your _____ everytime you post.

You've been schooled in this post . . .

But play the Helen Keller role . . . can't hear anything . . . can't see anything.

Make dumb remarks . . . and then disappear when facts show you talking out of your ___ again . . .

You're an _____ Nors . . . plain and simple.

{edited at request of a mod}

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Not my fault you can't intrepet the facts.

You all ran off half cocked and misintrepeted the stats. First, we clearly run more often and for a higher YPC to the left.

Ands its close to in, Gurode was a near bust as a very high second round draft choice.

Have a nice day!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score

Running averages!

Right 4.26
Right Sideline 2.85

Left 3.80
Left Sideline 5.04

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chill with the personal insults guys

If some of you can not stand the other I would suggest you use the ignore function.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Chill with the personal insults guys

If some of you can not stand the other I would suggest you use the ignore function.

On a serious note I keep trying to add Hos to my ignore list but it won't let me because he's a mod. Can we get that changed? Thanks.

I agree - I wake up this morning and there were 2 pages of insults and slurs flying. No place for that.