Gurode a bust?

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I think there's decent arguments on both sides about Gurode.
I'm just hoping we start to play more smashmouth football and commit to the run more, if not the end of this season, then definitly next. Next year, Gurode and either Tucker/Rogers have to play up to their abilities/levels. I just don't feel, from our lack of commitment to the run this season, that I have a rock solid opinion on of any of our run blocking. Pass blocking, yes...and pretty good.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
I agree - I wake up this morning and there were 2 pages of insults and slurs flying. No place for that.

They were a well earned 2 pages . . .

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I don't think Gurode is a bust- a great RB will make a difference. But even if he was, who are you going to replace him with? Lehr? Peterman? Gurdoe is here for the forseeable future.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He'll be back without ever acknowledging he spoke out of a southern orifice. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see major spin control to try and rationalize it.

Woke up and fixed the stats for you, you were wrong. Nice bust chop attempt. You are a kidder!

Hos in his rush to bust my chops got so Giddy he excluded stats he didn't like. Big suprise -

Ommitted were the Left Sideline and Right sideline averages!

Here's the team average based on these 3 (Jules was omitted?)

Running averages!

Right 4.26
Right Sideline 2.85
Average Running Right 3.59
Left 3.80
Left Sideline 5.04
Average running Left 4.14
We run more to the left and more efficiently to the left. No suprise when the facts are sorted out.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
First, we clearly run more often and for a higher YPC to the left.

Nors, you lost. Get over it. Try and be a man and admit your defeat.

You're losing face reeeeeeal fast here, Nors. And you ain't got much face left to lose.

Maybe you can call Jerry and he can hook you up with his plastic surgeon. You're gonna need it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Teague31 said:
I don't think Gurode is a bust- a great RB will make a difference. But even if he was, who are you going to replace him with? Lehr? Peterman? Gurdoe is here for the forseeable future.

This offense has been pretty poor running the ball for the 3 years Gurode has been here. I hope Peterman or a FA is brought in to upgrade Right side of the line.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
When we run to the right . . . behind Gurode . . . the averages are higher.

Gurode doesn't have the luxury of playing next to a Pro Bowler in Flozell Adams.

Instead, he has a 2nd year undrafted free agent.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Midswat said:
When we run to the right . . . behind Gurode . . . the averages are higher.

Gurode doesn't have the luxury of playing next to a Pro Bowler in Flozell Adams.

Instead, he has a 2nd year undrafted free agent.

Quit throwing facts at Nors, MS. He obviously doesn't get it.

And I speak from experience when I say that no matter how many facts you throw at him and no matter how many times you prove him wrong he will never be a man and admit defeat.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
Quit throwing facts at Nors, MS. He obviously doesn't get it.

And I speak from experience when I say that no matter how many facts you throw at him and no matter how many times you prove him wrong he will never be a man and admit defeat.

I'm half frustrated with the ignorance of this thread . . . and enjoying the fish flopping that were witnessing.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Chill with the personal insults guys

If some of you can not stand the other I would suggest you use the ignore function.

Testing...1-2-3....tap tap tap....can you guys read this???

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Chill with the personal insults guys

If some of you can not stand the other I would suggest you use the ignore function.

Why should we ignore someone who is trying to cause trouble?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
Why should we ignore someone who is trying to cause trouble?

Because if someone gets you or others riled up, and he is not throwing personal insults, then you start getting out of line it is not he who will get in trouble...it will be those who start with the personal attacks.

This is like the guy playing football and taking a cheap shot at someone, then the guy turns around and hits back....the guy the hits back is normally the one who gets into trouble.

Except this time Nors is just posting stuff that you guys do not like or agree with, and as loony as you may think he sounds, there is no reason to throw personal insults out at him because as much as he gets insulted it is rare for him to return the favor.

Once again if he gets you angry put him on ignore, it is the SMART thing to do , but if one wants to have a tough guy mentality and do not put him on ignore and then start throwing out personal insults just because you do not like his message then the chances are that person is the one who will get into trouble.

Be the smart guy...not the tough guy that gets banned because he can not control himself.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I put him on ignore . . .

But I'm pretending that the moderators did the right thing and banned him.

:D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
water-safety-signs_12.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Midswat said:
I put him on ignore . . .

But I'm pretending that the moderators did the right thing and banned him.

:D

Good for you...said being serious and not talking down at all.

Also if being silly or posting silly posts or threads is reason to be banned then chances are many of us at one time or another would have been banned.

Many may not like nors, many may find him loony, but I will tell you this...Nors has taken many cheap and personal shots from people in here and it is very rare for him to return those personal insults.

Most people that have taken what nors has taken, uncalled for personal insults, would have railed back in a major way and have been banned by now...nors does not take that road...like his postings or not, just keep that in mind.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Good for you...said being serious and not talking down at all.

Also if being silly or posting silly posts or threads is reason to be banned then chances are many of us at one time or another would have been banned.

Many may not like nors, many may find him loony, but I will tell you this...Nors has taken many cheap and personal shots from people in here and it is very rare for him to return those personal insults.

Most people that have taken what nors has taken, uncalled for personal insults, would have railed back in a major way and have been banned by now...nors does not take that road...like his postings or not, just keep that in mind.

You are missing the boat completely.

He posts to GET the insults, so why would he fire back, that's what he wants to happen.

Not only that, but he DOES take shots at other posters. He done it to me, he does it to Rack, he does it with Hos.

His entire reason to be on this forum is to cause trouble, perhaps if the mods STOPPED ignoring him this would not be an issue. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
You are missing the boat completely.

He posts to GET the insults, so why would he fire back, that's what he wants to happen.

Not only that, but he DOES take shots at other posters. He done it to me, he does it to Rack, he does it with Hos.

His entire reason to be on this forum is to cause trouble, perhaps if the mods STOPPED ignoring him this would not be an issue. ;)

And once again you are missing it.

IF people would put him on ignore then they would not see what he is writing and therefore not have to rip on him.

It is a simple process....People have some tough guy thing that they just refuse to put someone on ignore when they should do it...or just show some self restraint and ignore him without putting him on ignore.

And I am sorry...the only time Nors gets personal with someone is after he gets personal attacks time and time again directed at him.

Once again put him on ignore...or just flat out ignore him.

But just because someone thinks he is silly is no reason to throw out personal insults his way.

If people don't get it then that is their problem.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
And once again you are missing it.

IF people would put him on ignore then they would not see what he is writing and therefore not have to rip on him.

It is a simple process....People have some tough guy thing that they just refuse to put someone on ignore when they should do it...or just show some self restraint and ignore him without putting him on ignore.

And I am sorry...the only time Nors gets personal with someone is after he gets personal attacks time and time again directed at him.

Once again put him on ignore...or just flat out ignore him.

But just because someone thinks he is silly is no reason to throw out personal insults his way.

If people don't get it then that is their problem.

How do you NOT see what he's doing.

He made up the Law trade source, that is a bannable offense per the forum rules.

He has had at least one Law thread per week every week.

He throws a 3-4 post out there every week too.

He adds the old Quincy card to further irritate others.

He adds a NE post.

He clearly is a NE fan, and if a Skins or Eagle fan littered the forum with nonsense they'd be banned immediately.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
How do you NOT see what he's doing.

He made up the Law trade source, that is a bannable offense per the forum rules.

He has had at least one Law thread per week every week.

He throws a 3-4 post out there every week too.

He adds the old Quincy card to further irritate others.

He adds a NE post.

He clearly is a NE fan, and if a Skins or Eagle fan littered the forum with nonsense they'd be banned immediately.

I agree . . .

But I digress . . .