Gut Feeling: Predictions For Cowboys-Texans

waving monkey

Reaction score
Cowboys-Texans, Sunday night in Houston. Will Dallas (2-2) get above .500 for the first time this season? Will the Texans (1-3) put together a two-game winning streak?

The DallasCowboys.com staff gives their gut feelings for Sunday’s primetime matchup:

Lindsay Draper: Through a month now, this Dallas team has shown us what they’re capable of – but they’ve been extremely volatile with execution. But I saw something last week that I’ve never seen before. Jason Witten used to be the pregame hype man. Then, it was Sean Lee. With Lee out, I was shocked to see Ezekiel Elliott losing his mind in the pregame hype huddle. It truly didn’t stop there: Zeke went on to have his best game ever, and I am wholly confident in saying that, 240 yards later, he willed the Cowboys to a win. Once this man gets rolling, no one can stop him. I think Zeke owns the ground game and grabs the wheel if things get off track for the O – lots of points on the board, but Cowboys beat their in-state ‘rival’ Houston.

Nick Eatman: I really think this one could go either way. Every time I visualize one team winning, I start doubting that and thinking the other way. Honestly, this one came down to the time of the game. If this one was a Noon kickoff or even 3:30, then I might think differently. But there’s something about playing on the road at night, in what I know will be a hostile environment. With that, I’m going to lean towards the Texans. I do think Houston’s pass rushers will be a problem for the Cowboys, although I’m expecting another big game from Zeke. But the Texans also have DeAndre Hopkins, and he seems to always make plays regardless of who is throwing him the ball. Watson and Dak are pretty even in my opinion, although Watson has made more plays this year. Give me Anthony Brown for the team’s first interception this year. But in the end, it’ll come down to some crazy plays and I’m going to say the Texans will take this one, 28-26.

David Helman:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/gut-feeling-predictions-for-cowboys-texans

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Dallas has the winning formula.

Zeke - 25 carries
Zeke - 8 receptions
Tavon - 2 carries
Tavon- 2 receptions
Gallup- 5 receptions
Beasely- 3 receptions
Swaim- 3 receptions
Hurns- 2 receptions

D-Law 3 Sacks
Taco 1 Sack
Crawford 1 Sack
Irving 1 Sack
LVE - Sack

J Smith - int

Last edited:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I predict the Cowboys will finally IR Frederick and he comes back in 2020.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Well, your record must mean something. Texans are 1-3 for a reason. Though Cowboys have one more win, I feel they are a little better. My take is if Looney shows up with his Tunes. We got the advantages.

Dal - 23 Hou - 13

J12B

Reaction score
Cowboys 27
Texans 13

Dline keeps Watson rattled and end up with 4 sacks.

LVE gets the team's first interception on the season and Heath gets one later in the game. Cowboys defense also recovers a fumble.

Zeke 125 rushing yards.
Dak throws for 200 yards and rushes for 55 yards

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t think we will be able to burn them through the air enough to really take advantage of their weak secondary.

I also see their passrush really disrupting our anemic passing attack. Zeke will get his yards— but I think this will feel like Seattle all over again

Houston 23
Dallas 13

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Elliott got banged up last game, so I bet they give him less carries and targets this game.
Dont expect the zeke show to continue this sunday.
plus houston may key on him , stop him and win the game.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think we will be able to burn them through the air enough to really take advantage of their weak secondary.

I also see their passrush really disrupting our anemic passing attack. Zeke will get his yards— but I think this will feel like Seattle all over again

Houston 23
Dallas 13

Kinda agree when looking at their weakness being the secondary and our weakness being passing along with their past rush. Doesn't match up too well.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Texans-35
Cowboys-20

I fear the Texans pass rush is too much for our Oline.Texans have put up big yards ,their Offense hasnt come together yet.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Elliott got banged up last game, so I bet they give him less carries and targets this game.
Dont expect the zeke show to continue this sunday.
plus houston may key on him , stop him and win the game.
Yes! for I to have took note of the inevitable, attrition damage the #21 has been receiving mostly in last weeks game,,,

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This would be a great time for the OL coach and offensive line to show that they can manage a team with a good pass rush. It would also be a great time for Dak to show he can handle a little pressure and deliver the ball to the right receivers given those situations. For some strange reason I'm optimistic that the Cowboys can deliver,,, maybe it's because the Texans are 1-3 and very beatable. Cowboys 24 Texans 20

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have to win this game.

if we don't we'll be a top 5 draft pick and the entire coaching staff or at least the upper 3 will be gone.
Us 24 - 10

Hadenough

Reaction score
Watson and Dak are pretty even in my opinion, although Watson has made more plays this year.
Are you kidding! Watson went into Seattle last year and threw for 400+ yards and hung 38 points on the board. Dak is averaging 175 yds a game against Seattle his last two games. Watson is averaging 311 yds a game and thats almost double what Dak is doing.
Watson is clearly the better QB and is capable of carrying a team. I really dont see Dallas winning this game thanks to Daks inability to throw downfield and make big plays. Zeke is going to get his yards but like I said in the beginning of the season Dak will struggle.