Gut Feeling: Predictions For Cowboys-Texans

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
Hope the Boys drop the next 6 in a row, so Jerry is FORCED to get rid of this stupid carrot we have as HC.

All of you clamoring for a new QB, what makes you think the O would look any different or have any better success under this HC? Does not matter if it's a Romo or Prescott type QB, the end results remain the same. Carrot puts shackles and chains on the O, and then to finish them off, he suffocates them.

Garrett the Carrot is the worst.. and he will tell you how proud he is of how incompetent he is.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hope the Boys drop the next 6 in a row, so Jerry is FORCED to get rid of this stupid carrot we have as HC.

All of you clamoring for a new QB, what makes you think the O would look any different or have any better success under this HC? Does not matter if it's a Romo or Prescott type QB, the end results remain the same. Carrot puts shackles and chains on the O, and then to finish them off, he suffocates them.

Garrett the Carrot is the worst.. and proud of it.
Im guilty of wanting a new QB. I have two reasons, the first is I just think that Daks limited ability makes him a middle of the road #16 ranked QB that isnt good enough for this team to win even if Belichick was coaching.
Dallas needs to draft a premier talented QB because those type of guys who have the best chance of taking a team to a SB. Those are also the type of Qbs that can carry a mediocre coach. This is turned into a passing league and Dallas has very limited ability to take advantage of that. I hate Garrett and think he is a problem but with this owner we will never see a true coaching system in place. It will always be hand picked by Jerry and subservient!

cristglo

Reaction score
So far Dak hasnt really showed any consistency. His only good game was against Det. Maybe the light has clicked back on for him I sure hope so. This game can go either way and very well can determine our season. If Dak puts together another good game then there is some HOPE IMO. If he comes out and plays like he has been it will make it harder to state his case for our future QB. Its sad because all these years we have had a descent Offense and a poor Defense. Now we have a descent Defense and our Offense cant seem to function. We could have been a lot better if our mgmt could have signed a couple players during the off season.
We could have had Tre Boston, the honey Badger Eric Reid Kenny Varacco. Could have made a trade for an upgraded TE. Just a safety and an TE would have made this team better but they chose to do nothing.
Yet Jerry comes out and makes a statement I would write a crazy amount if it meant a championship! Oh he who speaks with a forked tongue!

cristglo

Reaction score
Im guilty of wanting a new QB. I have two reasons, the first is I just think that Daks limited ability makes him a middle of the road #16 ranked QB that isnt good enough for this team to win even if Belichick was coaching.
Dallas needs to draft a premier talented QB because those type of guys who have the best chance of taking a team to a SB. Those are also the type of Qbs that can carry a mediocre coach. This is turned into a passing league and Dallas has very limited ability to take advantage of that. I hate Garrett and think he is a problem but with this owner we will never see a true coaching system in place. It will always be hand picked by Jerry and subservient!

Who do you like coming out this year? Any favs? Im not really impressed with this years class but I do like Justin Herbert and I like Grier from WVA I also like Finley. I dont care for Lock he gives me a brandon weedon vibe lol we also need a real QB coach

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who do you like coming out this year? Any favs? Im not really impressed with this years class but I do like Justin Herbert and I like Grier from WVA I also like Finley. I dont care for Lock he gives me a brandon weedon vibe lol we also need a real QB coach

Liking Herbert from Oregon, and the QB from Mizzou (Can't remember his name).

pitt33

Reaction score
The Cowboys offensive line has been showing more cohesiveness lately. The rookie Williams is starting to settle in and they will do just enough to spring Zeke and keep Houston’s pass rush in check.

Dallas 24
Houston 20

Jipper

Reaction score
This is the week the cowboys finally break the mediocre rollercoast ride and start stringing together multiple wins...

My gut tells me last week's win is going to give them extra confidence

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Cowboys win , 27-24, and move into a 1st place tie with the Crapskins.......................

ShiningStar

Reaction score
While I've predicted a 34-17 Dallas win in another thread,,,I should revamp that prediction to a more reasonable one of,,, 34-24 Dallas win ,after further review & detailed studied analysiso_O

:starspin::star::starspin:

and what pray tell lead you to get to that conclusion? :p:p:p

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Dallas has the winning formula.

Zeke - 25 carries
Zeke - 8 receptions
Tavon - 2 carries
Tavon- 2 receptions
Gallup- 5 receptions
Beasely- 3 receptions
Swaim- 3 receptions
Hurns- 2 receptions

D-Law 3 Sacks
Taco 1 Sack
Crawford 1 Sack
Irving 1 Sack
LVE - Sack

J Smith - int
Add to that a 28-20 win

tenor.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our Offense will hopefully pick up where it left off. Our Defense will be productive. Secondary is playing better than what it’s showing. Last week there was a few plays that don’t happen all the time. Chido was all over the receiver. It was just that good of a passes and catches. Not every team can do that.

We will win. We will make bigger plays.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Texans 27-13

2018 was the year to draft a QB if you were gonna do it - the upcoming class isn't quite as good. I need to see more from Herbert. Grier doesn't have a big arm but then again neither does Brees and he reminds me of him. Finley seems like a guy who is "good enough" everywhere but doesn't really have enough of it for you to stand there and say "yep, that's a top 5 pick". I really like Drew Lock but even he doesn't fill me with as much confidence as Baker/Rosen/Darnold did.

Of those, i'd like to see Lock or Grier.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll take the tandem of Clowney and Watt over the solo of Lawrence as I think this one comes down to which protects the QB better and add DAL problem with mobile QBs, I think they take this one by a TD. However, Watson does hold the ball longer than most QB's.

One thing we will find out more about, this secondary. They faced a pretty good WR corps last week but this one is better with 3 very good WR's and Fuller can fly. If the DL doesn't get there often, this could get out of hand quickly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texans 27-13

2018 was the year to draft a QB if you were gonna do it - the upcoming class isn't quite as good. I need to see more from Herbert. Grier doesn't have a big arm but then again neither does Brees and he reminds me of him. Finley seems like a guy who is "good enough" everywhere but doesn't really have enough of it for you to stand there and say "yep, that's a top 5 pick". I really like Drew Lock but even he doesn't fill me with as much confidence as Baker/Rosen/Darnold did.

Of those, i'd like to see Lock or Grier.
Gimme Herbert, all day, every day.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I just don’t trust this offensive line. It all comes down to that. I think the Cowboys’ defense will play well, as they have all year. But without protection Dak is a sitting duck.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don’t trust this offensive line. It all comes down to that. I think the Cowboys’ defense will play well, as they have all year. But without protection Dak is a sitting duck.

Seems to me that the two teams the Cowboys have faced with good pass rushes - Carolina and Seattle - they've lost. And the two games they've played teams that didn't - New York without Vernon and Detroit without Ansah - they've won.

The Texans have three options last I checked - Watt, Clowney and Mercilus (if he's playing). Therefore, I expect the Cowboys passing game and offense to struggle and another loss.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
and what pray tell lead you to get to that conclusion? :p:p:p

:lmao:
Well now, as I'd previously posted in stating, it's primarily due to the: furtherance of my detailed in-depth analytical review,of which certain outliers were rather hastily kicked off into the higher orbit of zero consequence,,, Yet,,, upon a rare& chance second guessing of my calcuatated hypothetically equationed outcome,,, the concernment of my embedding of those hastily cast orbital outliers of intangibles were deemed of utmost necessity in being combined into the initial equation,,AND/OR,,,, er,,, Are you sure you got the right guy? Cuz' them Russian Bot cyber hacker casing-liners are out to git' me,,,I know they are,,,o_O

:laugh::starspin::laugh: