Gut Feeling: Predictions For Cowboys-Texans

CapnB

Reaction score
Texans 27 Cowboys. 13 Heres to hoping im wrong.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Im looking at Hou stats on NFL.com. They have a pretty good defense. As for Int's, they have one..lol. Right next to us, who have none.
25ywxav.jpg

FTWayne

Reaction score
Scott will change up the game plan to the ones we lost games with.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
we have a brutal schedule the rest of the way. I am watching the Coaching staff closely to see what they are made of... or not.

Agree. I would not fork out good money to Jerry for what he is allowing on our O. He needs to earn that from me.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
3-1 Houston. I read the score already. Damn, I need more coffee, that was the baseball score. Hard to score 1 in football, it's an extra point. The refs gave it to us for showing up and JG copied this sideline dance into his repertoire which the refs liked, hence the 1 point

drew-statanton-celebration-during-seattle-game.gif

The epitome of how to NOT take football too seriously :)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As much as it goes against my grain to predict it, my gut tells me we'll lose.

My guess is that it'll be something on the order of Cowboys 17, Texans 24.

Last edited:

cristglo

Reaction score
Texans 27-13

2018 was the year to draft a QB if you were gonna do it - the upcoming class isn't quite as good. I need to see more from Herbert. Grier doesn't have a big arm but then again neither does Brees and he reminds me of him. Finley seems like a guy who is "good enough" everywhere but doesn't really have enough of it for you to stand there and say "yep, that's a top 5 pick". I really like Drew Lock but even he doesn't fill me with as much confidence as Baker/Rosen/Darnold did.

Of those, i'd like to see Lock or Grier.
You are right TBH we would probably be better off just keeping Dak lol The guy I relly like is Tua and I also like Haskins. I just am having a hard time with Lock. Grier Had a rough day yesterday had 3 rezone int but thats the way he plays he is not afraid to let it go will drive coaches crazy. lol I hope we can get Dak back on track. I would really hate to see JJ give him a 25 mil a yr contract.

dfense

Reaction score
Hey Nick Eatman, when Dak has two consecutive games of almost 400 yards, let me know. The two QBs are only equal in mistakes made at this point.

Here's hoping the offense has back to back productive games. When Dak is pressured, he has his worst games. The Oline is the key, running and protecting. Keep the Texans playmakers on the bench and Dallas has a good chance of getting a win.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I don't know why so many are predicting a loss. The Cowboys are playing an even worse team than they are. I predict a few sacks from Clowney and Watt, and Dak still has a successful game against a terrible pass defense. All the homers will sound smug after the game after we beat a 1-4 team, and declare Dak a great QB. Dallas wins a fairly low scoring game 23-20

Carson

Reaction score
I don't know why so many are predicting a loss. The Cowboys are playing an even worse team than they are. I predict a few sacks from Clowney and Watt, and Dak still has a successful game against a terrible pass defense. All the homers will sound smug after the game after we beat a 1-4 team, and declare Dak a great QB. Dallas wins a fairly low scoring game 23-20

Doom and gloom my friend.

We could be sitting on top of the east tomorrow night.

Giants / panthers
Eagles / Vikings
Skins / saints

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
So you're expecting the Dallas D and ST to score 21 points, huh? :)
IDK, but that would be very pleasing were it to happen, but you know as well as I do ,that were the flipped coin to have landed differently for #4 on but a half dozen plays so far this season,,,er,,,you know the rest of that tired tuneo_O

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Will we score 20 points this week? Maybe. It will probably take 24 though. Not overly optimistic about this te lead offense. It's definitely holding us back on 3rd down. Dak never gets any extra weapons. Just a bunch of Jag te mularkey we're gonna be forcefed all season to prove a point that our te can play every snap. Omg

One thing is for certain. We won't see any 4wr or 2 rb sets. Lol. It's above our football acumen to do what the winning teams are doing. We're not gonna score beans w the sub prime 82 or Swaim leading the charge unless he morphs into Gronk. 6 yard averages, and dropped passes, and penalties the first 3 games were not leading any statistics.

A guy that only shows up one out of ever 4-5 Games against scrubs is not 93% snap level players. Maybe 45-50% when we're running the ball.

It makes me cringe this offensive scheme . We'll go out and grab a good slot receiver like Austin and won't ever give him any drives with 2slot wrs . Just the same old te bunk for 5-6 years. Lol

Let Garrett call his passing offense. He's better than Linehan and this te regime. What other team in the NFL has a journeyman te on every pass play. None. That's a Dallas Cowboys set it and forget it no competition Exclusive!!!

He isn't a serviceable receiver yet much less an every snap player. But he's playing every snap like Gronk. I betcha Jimmy Johnson and Troy and Michael Irvin just laugh at this te coreless led team every year and throw their hands up

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Will we score 20 points this week? Maybe. It will probably take 24 though. Not overly optimistic about this te lead offense. It's definitely holding us back on 3rd down. Dak never gets any extra weapons. Just a bunch of Jag te mularkey we're gonna be forcefed all season.

One thing is for certain. We won't see any 4wr or 2 rb sets. Lol. It's above our football acumen to do what the winning teams are doing. We're not gonna score beans w the sub prime 82 or Swaim leading the charge unless he morphs into Gronk. 6 yard averages, and dropped passes, and penalties the first 3 games were not leading any statistics.

A guy that only shows up one out of ever 4-5 Games against scrubs is not 93% snap level players. Maybe 45-50% when we're running the ball.

It makes me cringe this offensive scheme .Will go out and grab a good slot receiver like Austin and won't ever give him any drives with 2slot wrs . Just te bunk. Lol

+1 point is hereby awarded for the colorful usage of the phrase Score Beans" ,long since having fell off in it's use, a relaying term of substandard or loosely considered cast in an denigrating manner:thumbup:
:starspin::dance::starspin:

*:lmao:
my Grandmother would often retort with "oh,BEANS" in things she was in of a disagreeable nature with:lmao:

** you must be an OKIEo_O

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
+1 point is hereby awarded for the colorful usage of the phrase Score Beans" ,long since having fell off in it's use, a relaying term of substandard or loosely considered cast in an denigrating manner:thumbup:

my Grandmother would often retort with "oh,BEANS" in things she was in of a disagreeable nature with:lmao:

Beans

You have receivers and scoring threats and then there is our te core. Just a bunch of hype who didn't get the targets necessary to produce on paper every year. We're going on 5 years of poor te production. Might as well throw some majic beans out there on 3rd down. Sounds alot better than having the leagues worst te out there not producing winning drives and stats

I'm not banking on our te making the grade every week. Or our receivers if the tes are over involved. It's sounds all good but where are all the passing stats suggesting we don't have better options than a sub par te who can't play outside