Guys on the Bubble

DanA

Reaction score
1. Which players from the below make the 53?
2. If you think there is one, who is the surprise cut that most think is safe?
3. If you could only select four from below, which four?

QB: Ben DiNucci
RB: Rico Dowdle
WR: Malik Turner
TE: Jeremy Sprinkle, Sean McKeon
OL: Ty Neskhe, Matt Farniok

DT: Justin Hamilton
DE: Bradley Anae
LB: Francis Bernard, Luke Gifford
CB: Reggie Robinson, Maurice Canady
S: Israel Mukuamu, Jayron Kearse

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Sean McKeon Ty Neskhe Maurice Canady and Kearse will all make the 53. I think CJ Goodwin would be my selection for surprise cut - Canady is also a special teams ace and has been much better at the CB position in camp so far - from everything I have read.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
McKeon seems to be fine if they keep 3 TE.

I'd like to see Izzy make it, but if we keep 6 corners (including our one special teams ace so really 5), it may be hard to keep an extra safety.

Maybe Gifford.

I think DiNucci can make the PS, and I want to keep developing him there. Same for Turner.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
McKeon seems to be fine if they keep 3 TE.

I'd like to see Izzy make it, but if we keep 6 corners (including our one special teams ace so really 5), it may be hard to keep an extra safety.

Maybe Gifford.

I think DiNucci can make the PS, and I want to keep developing him there. Same for Turner.

I don’t think DiNucci makes the PS this year. Based on the testing and rules this year, I think all teams will keep 3 QBs. One QB will be in isolation from the other two as a precaution.

I also think DiNucci is much close to being the number 2 backup QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the vast majority of these names are gone.

I think Malik Turner coud potentially surprise and stick, as well as Sean McKeon. I've heard he continues to have a great camp while Sprinkle is not.

Nysekhe has apparently not looked impressive, so I think it could go either way with him.

Right now, I'd say that Hamilton, Anae, Robinson, and Bernard are on the outside looking in. I think Canady is in at this point in time.

I think Mukuama and Kearse are both on the 53 as of today.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Rush & Gilbert need to join the Italian not a Stallion, Dinucci as well.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Dinooky will be starting for NYG come Oct. ..;)...

Carson

Reaction score
I think the vast majority of these names are gone.

I think Malik Turner coud potentially surprise and stick, as well as Sean McKeon. I've heard he continues to have a great camp while Sprinkle is not.

Nysekhe has apparently not looked impressive, so I think it could go either way with him.

Right now, I'd say that Hamilton, Anae, Robinson, and Bernard are on the outside looking in. I think Canady is in at this point in time.

I think Mukuama and Kearse are both on the 53 as of today.
Kearse will make the 53 for sure. He can start and play special teams. I love Izzys game, but I think he will go to the PS this season. Just don’t see us keeping 5-6 safeties.

I think no one is at more risk to be cut than Dorance Armstrong.
Good. Players at the ends of their contract that we aren’t planning on keeping can go! Lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kearse will make the 53 for sure. He can start and play special teams. I love Izzys game, but I think he will go to the PS this season. Just don’t see us keeping 5-6 safeties.

The reason that I do is because they have several safeties under one year deals - namely Kazee, Kearse, and Hooker. They need a young option in the pipeline.

Carson

Reaction score
The reason that I do is because they have several safeties under one year deals - namely Kazee, Kearse, and Hooker. They need a young option in the pipeline.
I hope. Followed him at SC and think he can play in the league.

Of course, I’m no scout for safeties in the NFL lol

Loso86

Reaction score
Sean McKeon Ty Neskhe Maurice Canady and Kearse will all make the 53. I think CJ Goodwin would be my selection for surprise cut - Canady is also a special teams ace and has been much better at the CB position in camp so far - from everything I have read.
Canady is lighting things up so I doubt that

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Canada is lighting things up so I doubt that

giphy-downsized-large.gif

quickccc

Reaction score

- Heard Nooch had a recently good practice but i don't see us keeping him nor Rush on the 53 roster, he's looking like all the more a PS developmental candidate.
- per Cannaday's camp performance and reports alone, he's in the lead to beat out CJ Goodwin for that 6th CB spot, imo. Seems like he's putting together back to back impressive practices.
- Anae is missing too much time per injury; up against DE numbers, this alone could get him cut.
- Robinson seems to struggle vs double move WRs - he needed to have Cannaday like reports.
- I think we keep 4 TEs (jarwin, Schultz, Mckeon, Sprinkles)
- 7th rd draftee Matt Fariok probably likely to play center entire game if Williams held out; Would’ve Perfect game for a McGovern to try at center
- i see us keeping 6 CBs and 4 safeties (hooker, kazee, wilson, kearse) Israel M. could be a tough cut to the PS.

- i think Anae, Hill, Simi or Israel Mukuamu and CJ Goodwin could be surprise cut candidates at final cut time. Turner gonna special teamer and force Cowboys to consider cutting Simi
or somehow keep 7 WRs

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t think DiNucci makes the PS this year. Based on the testing and rules this year, I think all teams will keep 3 QBs. One QB will be in isolation from the other two as a precaution.

I also think DiNucci is much close to being the number 2 backup QB.

wow .... just wow ... ...... :muttley: