Guys on the Bubble

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
wow .... just wow ... ...... :muttley:

Some people just won’t let that one Philly game go. Throw that game film out. There were numerous reasons for that performance. I doubt you would see a repeat of that.

Put that game out of your head when you watch on Thursday. Look for the growth and project.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
1. Which players from the below make the 53?
2. If you think there is one, who is the surprise cut that most think is safe?
3. If you could only select four from below, which four?

QB: Ben DiNucci
RB: Rico Dowdle
WR: Malik Turner
TE: Jeremy Sprinkle, Sean McKeon
OL: Ty Neskhe, Matt Farniok

DT: Justin Hamilton
DE: Bradley Anae
LB: Francis Bernard, Luke Gifford
CB: Reggie Robinson, Maurice Canady
S: Israel Mukuamu, Jayron Kearse

Easy...McKeon has been looking good. Hoping Anae still has a shot. Canady is making plays and want to see what Mukuamu has.

Nsekhe probably has a spot....I think Mukuamu ends up on PS with Turner and Farniok.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Y QB: Ben DiNucci
N RB: Rico Dowdle
N WR: Malik Turner
N TE: Jeremy Sprinkle
Y TE: Sean McKeon
? OT: Ty Neskhe
N C: Matt Farniok

N DT: Justin Hamilton
Y DE: Bradley Anae
N LB: Francis Bernard
N LB: Luke Gifford
N CB: Reggie Robinson
Y CB: Maurice Canady
N S: Israel Mukuamu
Y S: Jayron Kearse

Surprise cut who people think is safe - Neskhe
May not be, but if Neshke gets beat out by Steele or Ball backup, he gets cut.
I just realized that Knight may still be the starting swing T, even though he's definitely needed as the #2 G backup.

Y QB: Ben DiNucci
N RB: Rico Dowdle
N WR: Malik Turner
N TE: Jeremy Sprinkle
Y TE: Sean McKeon
? OT: Ty Neskhe
N C: Matt Farniok

N DT: Justin Hamilton
Y DE: Bradley Anae
N LB: Francis Bernard
N LB: Luke Gifford
N CB: Reggie Robinson
Y CB: Maurice Canady
N S: Israel Mukuamu
Y S: Jayron Kearse

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
- Heard Nooch had a recently good practice but i don't see us keeping him nor Rush on the 53 roster, he's looking like all the more a PS developmental candidate.
- per Cannaday's camp performance and reports alone, he's in the lead to beat out CJ Goodwin for that 6th CB spot, imo. Seems like he's putting together back to back impressive practices.
- Anae is missing too much time per injury; up against DE numbers, this alone could get him cut.
- Robinson seems to struggle vs double move WRs - he needed to have Cannaday like reports.
- I think we keep 4 TEs (jarwin, Schultz, Mckeon, Sprinkles)
- 7th rd draftee Matt Fariok probably likely to play center entire game if Williams held out; Would’ve Perfect game for a McGovern to try at center
- i see us keeping 6 CBs and 4 safeties (hooker, kazee, wilson, kearse) Israel M. could be a tough cut to the PS.

- i think Anae, Hill, Simi or Israel Mukuamu and CJ Goodwin could be surprise cut candidates at final cut time. Turner gonna special teamer and force Cowboys to consider cutting Simi
or somehow keep 7 WRs

They kept Nooch when he had no experience and no real camp last year. Maybe he's disappointed this year, but I expect them to keep him.
Hill more likely to be PUPped than cut.
Turner more likely to bounce Brown as special teamer than Simi. Special teams doesn't get that many roster spots.
Cutting Simi would be a surprise to me regardless. Too high a pick to give up on this early.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm watching out for Justin Hamilton a little more. I had him not having a chance of making the roster and still think it's a long shot, but he's actually one of the few true big men we've got. I have Gallimore, Urban, Watkins, Odighizuwa and Bohanna making it ahead of him and maybe Hill, if he doesn't start the season on PUP.

DAL1180

Reaction score
I hope. Followed him at SC and think he can play in the league.

Of course, I’m no scout for safeties in the NFL lol
As did I. Wished we had played him more at safety at Carolina but just another genius Will Muschamp mistake.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm watching out for Justin Hamilton a little more. I had him not having a chance of making the roster and still think it's a long shot, but he's actually one of the few true big men we've got. I have Gallimore, Urban, Watkins, Odighizuwa and Bohanna making it ahead of him and maybe Hill, if he doesn't start the season on PUP.
Will McClay just said on the Cowboys podcast that Justin Hamilton has caught the eye of the decision-makers.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Agree, but would not include canady

gimmesix

Reaction score
Will McClay just said on the Cowboys podcast that Justin Hamilton has caught the eye of the decision-makers.

I remember someone either tweeting or saying something similar. I was hoping that maybe our newcomers would be good enough to push players like him off the roster. Not knocking him, but he falls into that caliber of defensive tackle we've employed for quite a few years now. More power to him that he can make an NFL roster and even be part of a rotation, but I'd just like to see us do better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Canady has been lights out making plays lately in the D-secondary, so I would not be surprised if he makes the 53, especially after hearing that McCarthy in the past when with the Packers carried between 10 - 12 DBs on his 53 manned roster.

lol.....lights out!!:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I remember someone either tweeting or saying something similar. I was hoping that maybe our newcomers would be good enough to push players like him off the roster. Not knocking him, but he falls into that caliber of defensive tackle we've employed for quite a few years now. More power to him that he can make an NFL roster and even be part of a rotation, but I'd just like to see us do better.
Do better? You mean "do better" according to you. Because you are a better evaluator of talent than anyone the Cowboys have employed to do so. Does that about sum up what mean? ;)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Everytime I hear surprise cuts I think of Jaylon Smith. I know it's just wishful thinking. But he is my biggest disappointment so far as a Cowboys player.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Do better? You mean "do better" according to you. Because you are a better evaluator of talent than anyone the Cowboys have employed to do so. Does that about sum up what mean? ;)

You don't have to be a great talent evaluator to know that our free agent defensive tackles haven't been all that great. And those guys employed by Dallas have clearly been told to go out and unearth gems on a penny budget, which is very hard to do.

I'm very hopeful that Urban and Watkins will provide what we need to go along with the young guys we've got, but the reality is that they signed cheap, one-year deals because no one wanted them for more. Hamilton falls even below that category. He's also in his fifth year, so what you see is probably what you get.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Everytime I hear surprise cuts I think of Jaylon Smith. I know it's just wishful thinking. But he is my biggest disappointment so far as a Cowboys player.

I want to see if he can bounce back this year. No reason to cut him because his salary is guaranteed for the year. If he had never been good since he's been here, it would be a different story. However, since he has been I'd prefer to see if he can be again before tossing him out the door. He has a new role in a new defense, so it's up to him to show he belongs.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Anae is on the bubble,i believe he has and injury.if he doesnt impress in pre season then he is cut .

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Reggie Robinson looks terrible. He better fight for his career this preseason because I dont see anything there