Guys on the Bubble

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I want to see if he can bounce back this year. No reason to cut him because his salary is guaranteed for the year. If he had never been good since he's been here, it would be a different story. However, since he has been I'd prefer to see if he can be again before tossing him out the door. He has a new role in a new defense, so it's up to him to show he belongs.

I agree. I just don't like how comes across like some entitled SOB. I especially hate it when he makes that swipe on one tackle when our defense hasn't stopped anyone the entire day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree. I just don't like how comes across like some entitled SOB. I especially hate it when he makes that swipe on one tackle when our defense hasn't stopped anyone the entire day.

I don't get too caught up in personalities. There have been a lot of players over the years that I didn't really care for as a person. Just win, baby.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't have to be a great talent evaluator to know that our free agent defensive tackles haven't been all that great. And those guys employed by Dallas have clearly been told to go out and unearth gems on a penny budget, which is very hard to do.

I'm very hopeful that Urban and Watkins will provide what we need to go along with the young guys we've got, but the reality is that they signed cheap, one-year deals because no one wanted them for more. Hamilton falls even below that category. He's also in his fifth year, so what you see is probably what you get.
The great talent evaluator has spoken.

DanA

Reaction score
Anyone without huge guaranteed money should be on the bubble

Sorry, but I’m not putting Tyron Smith on the bubble and he’s got no guaranteed money left on his contract.

Havic

Reaction score
Of this list - DiNucci, Sprinkle, Anae (always hurt), Reggie Robinson.

coult44

Reaction score
1. Which players from the below make the 53?
2. If you think there is one, who is the surprise cut that most think is safe?
3. If you could only select four from below, which four?

QB: Ben DiNucci
RB: Rico Dowdle
WR: Malik Turner
TE: Jeremy Sprinkle, Sean McKeon
OL: Ty Neskhe, Matt Farniok

DT: Justin Hamilton
DE: Bradley Anae
LB: Francis Bernard, Luke Gifford
CB: Reggie Robinson, Maurice Canady
S: Israel Mukuamu, Jayron Kearse

Have you been paying attention to camp bruh. There’s nobody playing better than Canady.

plasticman

Reaction score
I hope this time the Cowboy attempt to get value for one or two players. I'm not talking about rookies, the Cowboys are going to lose some 2nd and 3rd year players with talent. Perhaps they could get a 6th or 7th for players like Knight, Canady, Robinson, Anae, Gifford, Goodwin.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry, but I’m not putting Tyron Smith on the bubble and he’s got no guaranteed money left on his contract.

Why are you worried he could get beat out? I'm not. He is the best tackle we have by a mile, so don't be scarred to tell all the players their job is on the line. That dude ain't scarred of competition so you shouldn't be either.

DanA

Reaction score
Why are you worried he could get beat out? I'm not. He is the best tackle we have by a mile, so don't be scarred to tell all the players their job is on the line. That dude ain't scarred of competition so you shouldn't be either.

When did I say I am worried? I'm attempting to predict the 53 man and am not putting Tyron Smith on the bubble because the idea that he will get cut is pretty ridiculous.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is on the bubble at this point.
They will play Thursday, get evaluated. Adjustments and possible playing time will be made for the 2nd PS game.
Some players that get more playing time Thursday, may see less the 2nd game.

As they break TC, and head back to Frisco, after that 2nd PS game. Then we can see who is really on the bubble, and who has a better chance to make the final roster.

I think many of us can get to the top 45 easily. And a pretty good idea on another 3 or 4. Those last few could be tough. Depends on the numbers game, how many needs to be kept at each position.

Mannix

Reaction score
Cooper Rush and Noah Brown both must have a set of the same pictures.