RELEASED Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Released

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Darian Thompson musta done pretty good at Training Camp. Wish I coulda seen dat with my own eyes.

Carson

Reaction score
Including the Ced Wilson, that's 5 players from BSU.
Is that some sort of record?

I think Jimmy had 4 from East Carolina back in 90s, but 1 was at the end of the bench or PS rotation.

We have multiple teams with 3 this year, oddly. TCU, Oklahoma, Alabama,

Washington currently has 9 players on their roster from Alabama!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because there are a lot of fans on here who don't know what they're talking about, but swear they're Bill Parcells.

HaHa - who some have been clamoring for since 2018 - is a perfect example. The guy hasn't been good for almost 5 years lmao.
yet all his numbers are better then ET, so ET also a bad choice?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not quality safeties for the same price tag. That's why I don't see the need to eat crow. The team shopped at a certain level, they knew that level wasn't likely to be a home run, and the contract they offered reflected that. That said, obviously they were hoping for better than they got, so this is disappointing, and represents a miscalculation by the team, but this isn't remotely the same level as if they were cutting Poe or Griffen.

Oh, but there absolutely was.

Adrian Phillips and Karl Jospeh were both less expensive than HH. Vonn Bell and Vacarro signed for a measley $2M more AAV.

You value the Poe signing that much more highly because.... why? $500k more AAV, less guaranteed per season, and only $1.25M total guaranteed for a two year contract compared to HHCD one year contract.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The last time I saw him play was with Washington, and he was terrible.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Washington currently has 9 players on their roster from Alabama!
Will they all stick? whoa

I'm wondering what the Cowboys team record is.
Maybe Miami players in Jimmy's day. Not sure

Carson

Reaction score
He was good for two years. After that, he was the worstworst starter on the team.

Lived solely off reputation as a big hitter.

He was solid next to Woodson and a year with Hamlin! The rest not so much

cowboyec

Reaction score
based on camp reports...not surprised.

i am surprised that he didn't play well...boy was i wrong about his coming here.
i liked the move at the time and thought he'd be a good player for us this season.
couldn't have been more wronger.

Carson

Reaction score
Will they all stick? whoa

I'm wondering what the Cowboys team record is.
Maybe Miami players in Jimmy's day. Not sure

Id say 8 are locks

logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Allen, Jonathan DT DT - 1st Active 17 01 017
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Anderson, Ryan OB DE - 2nd Active 17 02 049
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Collins, Landon SS SS - 1st Active 15 02 033
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Foster, Reuben IB MLB - 3rd Active 17 01 031
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Hamilton, Shaun Dion IB OLB - 2nd Active 18 06 197
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Hentges, Hale TE TE - 3rd Active 19 CFA
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Payne, Da'Ron DT DT - 1st Active 18 01 013
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Pierschbacher, Ross OC C - 2nd Active 19 05 153
logo_thumb_WAS.gif
Sims, Cam WR LWR

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wow. Surprised they cut HaHa, even though I'm not a fan. Safety position is absolutely horrible.

Reaction score
STOP IT!

Earl is a league-wide pariah at this point. He just got rejected by the last possible team that could take him, Browns. There is obviously something going on with him that you are not taking into account. He's not able to be a good teammate anymore.

I need Earl for the next 17 weeks plus playoffs. I honestly don’t care how good a teammate he is or if no one invites him out for beers after the game. Or if they cut ties with him after the season and seek a permanent replacement. Even in a “down” year, his play on the field last year was better than any S we’ve had in the last decade. It’s the NFL, you don’t have to have a team of choirboys.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I don't find this as an excuse to have made us tolerate Heath on a second contract.

The Joneses are famous for addressing a known problem the offseason after it ruins a season.

So there always next year.

We must have missed that memo.. for a decade..

Carson

Reaction score
A few names that are available

Morgan Burnett ... has played for McCarthy

Clayton Geathers

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He was good for two years. After that, he was the worst starter on the team.

Lived solely off reputation as a big hitter.

I say good for the 5 pro bowl years plus his rookie season. 6 years total Fans expect all pro play or they suck.

quickccc

Reaction score
This was coming, when Darian freaking thompson beats you out you know its over.
This would be a great time to get ET but they are adamant about avoiding him at all costs.

Bingo.

- That's exactly was it was... with camp reports being so very limited, we're not getting the views and exacts of what's occurring in camp.
i didn't see any reports of Ha Ha struggling in camp.

- Dix had to be getting beaten like a drum in coverage, or not keeping is assignments that were leading into too many excessive blown coverages
... or both scenarios ?

- Bottom line is Clinton Dix had to be that underwhelming and underperforming in camp as to have a limited journeyman actually surpassing him in the
starting 1st team lineup.

- And at least this coaching regime did not try to sugar coat and down-play this Clinton Dix disappointment, but they are acting accordingly in making
him accountable and address by moving on without him.