RELEASED Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Released

blueblood70

Reaction score
He was good for two years. After that, he was the worst starter on the team.

Lived solely off reputation as a big hitter.

no the rules changed he was physical and blew people up and when the league started fining and suspending guys for those hits he lost a lot of who he was..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bingo.

- That's exactly was it was... with camp reports being so very limited, we're not getting the views and exacts of what's occurring in camp.
i didn't see any reports of Ha Ha struggling in camp.

- Dix had to be getting beaten like a drum in coverage, or not keeping is assignments that were leading into too many excessive blown coverages
... or both scenarios ?

- Bottom line is Clinton Dix had to be that underwhelming and underperforming in camp as to have a limited journeyman actually surpassing him in the
starting 1st team lineup.

- And at least this coaching regime did not try to sugar coat and down-play this Clinton Dix disappointment, but they are acting accordingly in making
him accountable and address by moving on without him.
not necessarily better then dix equally as bad 1/3 the price..cheaper guy wins in a tie of losers..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I need Earl for the next 17 weeks plus playoffs. I honestly don’t care how good a teammate he is or if no one invites him out for beers after the game. Or if they cut ties with him after the season and seek a permanent replacement. Even in a “down” year, his play on the field last year was better than any S we’ve had in the last decade. It’s the NFL, you don’t have to have a team of choirboys.
Then you are out of luck too. They're not bringing in ET to appease your ignorance. He would blow up the locker room. :rolleyes:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I need Earl for the next 17 weeks plus playoffs. I honestly don’t care how good a teammate he is or if no one invites him out for beers after the game. Or if they cut ties with him after the season and seek a permanent replacement. Even in a “down” year, his play on the field last year was better than any S we’ve had in the last decade. It’s the NFL, you don’t have to have a team of choirboys.
I'm slowly beginning to lean this way.

I'll let ya'll know if Jerry calls for my opinion.

erod

Reaction score
no the rules changed he was physical and blew people up and when the league started fining and suspending guys for those hits he lost a lot of who he was..
Actually, he got his heart broken by a singer and lost his edge for hitting.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Then you are out of luck too. They're not bringing in ET to appease your ignorance. He would blow up the locker room. :rolleyes:
Then again he may be a model teammate to help his grievance case.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually, he got his heart broken by a singer and lost his edge for hitting.
actually NO.. we know how much the rules started changing and that when he lost his edge..its like losing the use of your right arm and learning to write and use your left..

bewp7

Reaction score
earl is coming guys :)

every one knows it and know it from the start deep down. earl wants it and jerry can not resist.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
If Thompson is starting - we in big trouble.

Incredible how the safety position is always a issue.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Coaches took one look at Reggie Robinson at S and made the call to cut HaHa.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
yet all his numbers are better then ET, so ET also a bad choice?
Box score numbers is a horrible way to evaluate safety play. Just horrible.

Dix is bad. Bob Sturm wrote a big writeup on it before, and basically nails it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha Ha laughing his way to the bank with Jerry’s money...another one in the long line of money grabbers.
Did he decide to tank and get cut, walk away with 2.25 million and not sacrifice his body just for an extra 1.5 million.
Interesting..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
My only issue with Wilson is that he’s pretty much going to be playing in the box. I’m ok with that.

Just depends on how our coaches want to scheme.
Yea - Linguist basically said he wants all the DBs to be able to play every position, so it's not like they need another man cover guy if the expectation is that corners will rotate over to safety in those situations.