RELEASED Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Released

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, but there absolutely was.

Adrian Phillips and Karl Jospeh were both less expensive than HH. Vonn Bell and Vacarro signed for a measley $2M more AAV.

You value the Poe signing that much more highly because.... why? $500k more AAV, less guaranteed per season, and only $1.25M total guaranteed for a two year contract compared to HHCD one year contract.
Phillips signed a 2 year $ 6 million contract, and Ha Ha signed a 1 year $3.75 million contract.

As for Joseph, he's been a considerable disappointment since he was drafted, so while true he signed less of a contract, it not unreasonable to think the Cowboys may have considered him a lesser player.

As for Poe, I view him differently because of the expectation. I think he is expected to be a considerable upgrade as a big bodied run stuffer, whereas I don't think people feel Dix was more than an one season minor upgrade.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Box score numbers is a horrible way to evaluate safety play. Just horrible.

Dix is bad. Bob Sturm wrote a big writeup on it before, and basically nails it.
Im going by the video with side by side stat lines on her earlier in the week, ET hasnt done a lot since 2017 either..he got let go and now cut his last two teams didnt see his value.. be careful wat you wish for especially given his locker room and teammate issues..

only thing that make it worth it is IF HE DROPS HIS EGO AND TAKES NEARLY A 100% NON GUARNTEED DEAL THAT IS STRUCTURED TO PAY HIM FOR BEING GOOD AND PUTTING UP NUMBERS..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At this point I'm trying to figure out exactly what Thomas could pull to make things worse than what its gonna look like with Thompson getting extended snaps.
Really? You think Thompson is that bad. :muttley: ET would blow up the entire locker room.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Signed in March to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million, veteran safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was released by the Cowboys Thursday, according to multiple sources. Clinton-Dix was guaranteed $2.25 million as part of the deal but his release opens $1.5 million in cap space. In making the move, the Cowboys must believe Xavier Woods (groin) will be healthy for the opener but adding a safety would appear to be a need

Boo-Hoo Clinton Dix.....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Im going by the video with side by side stat lines on her earlier in the week, ET hasnt done a lot since 2017 either..he got let go and now cut his last two teams didnt see his value.. be careful wat you wish for especially given his locker room and teammate issues..

only thing that make it worth it is IF HE DROPS HIS EGO AND TAKES NEARLY A 100% NON GUARNTEED DEAL THAT IS STRUCTURED TO PAY HIM FOR BEING GOOD AND PUTTING UP NUMBERS..
I never said I wanted Earl, for starters.

But to act like he's not an upgrade as a player from HaHa is silly.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow! That was a really easy million dollars. Did he even have to hit anyone?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Signed in March to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million, veteran safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was released by the Cowboys Thursday, according to multiple sources. Clinton-Dix was guaranteed $2.25 million as part of the deal but his release opens $1.5 million in cap space. In making the move, the Cowboys must believe Xavier Woods (groin) will be healthy for the opener but adding a safety would appear to be a need

Should have kept Jeff Heath!

What a colossal screw up by the Cowboys. Heath only cost up to $8 million (with incentives) for 2 years to the Raiders. That's a lot cheaper than what it will cost the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas who is a lot older, much slower, on the downside of his career, gets burned on the field and a lockerroom headache.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Good call on everyone saying he was an upgrade over Heath.
Yea Heath is probably like....
giphy.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
I never said I wanted Earl, for starters.

But to act like he's not an upgrade as a player from HaHa is silly.
said a lot of use on Dix over what we had..coaches say different lol cheap ET yes ET at guarantees over 4mil NO NO NO NO NO NO..baggage and money =NO..

structure it like Smits and ill be willing to go with it as GM and coach..

phildadon86

Reaction score
Should have kept Jeff Heath!

What a colossal screw up by the Cowboys. Heath only cost $8 million for 2 years to the Raiders. That's a lot cheaper than what it will cost the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas who is a lot older, much slower, on the downside of his career, gets burned on the field and a lockerroom headache.
Ummm. Earl Thomas compared to heath? Really? Thomas has the lowest completion percentage against him last season. His coverage is still elite. So I don’t know who burned him on the field lol

zerofill

Reaction score
This might be a situation where not having those boring preseason games hurts. I don't know what's going on in practice but in games Clinton-Dix is a far better player than Darian Thompson.

We are evaluating based off of practices and not games.

But hey, at least this is more exciting.

Yeah he managed to be a starter for 3 teams, can't be that bad right now.
Maybe they are really switching up the defense, and he just isn't catching on,
or doesn't seem to be a right fit... who knows.

He was never amazing, just solid at the position, with some surprise highlight plays here and there. But, Jeff Heath had those too.
But, unless they are bringing in ET to go postal, and kick someone's ***...I have no idea what they are thinking.