Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i liked the halftime show....but then again i like a lot of prince' music

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1358182 said:
I liked the halftime show, but I'm not nearly a big Prince fan.

However - the 'he has no talent is laughable.'

Per my former roommate, who is currently getting his Masters in Musicology, Prince is the best musical theorist in the last 30-40 years, as far as popular music goes.

(It's just a coincidence that Prince has an album called Musicology)

Your roomate is right. Prince is a musical genious.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Not the worst or the best but still a good show.

And Prince has more talent in a fleck of dry skin on the bottom of his foot than all of us combined.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Prince sucks....

Say what you want.....

If I'm wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358252 said:
Prince sucks....

Say what you want.....

If I'm wrong, then I don't wanna be right.
You recognize a difference between seeing talent and liking the music don't you?

ndanger

Reaction score
kbman;1358181 said:
I worked in the studio with him for 3 years in the early 90's.
Trust me, the rain made it seem so so. Any other artist hack would have blown it. He did a damn good job considering. Rain and musical instruments do not mix....

That had to be just off the hook.Way cool .I hung out for a week in Austin Texas with the drummer from Journey one summer.That was cool.if not for videography of said event I would not have remembered much of it.But hey summer 1985 ,Austin Texas,hippie holler,rock star,nudity,mind altering substances and youth will sometimes cause your long and short term memory to be a little shaky. Nude on the beach at hippie holler will however plant long term memories that Mr. Clean can't erase.Dayum I can still smell the air from those days.Thanks to Prince's half time show I feel better.:D

Bizwah

Reaction score
theogt;1358259 said:
You recognize a difference between seeing talent and liking the music don't you?

I like rock...I like heavy metal...I like country...I like classical.

I hate rap....that's really the only music I dislike.

I don't think Prince is any good. Mainly, I think his voice is terrible.

I don't think he has great talent....I can't understand why people drool over the guy. I may be the only man in America that thinks so, but I don't care.

I think he sucks....1999, Purple Rain, Batman....I can't listen to any of them.

I also can't see the fascination with Johnny Cash. I also think Paris Hilton is unattractive.

Jeez....so many on here act like no one else can have a differing opinion on something.

This IS America right?

Hunter71

Reaction score
He's talented...

But I also think he's annoying and his voice is obnoxious...

Bizwah

Reaction score
Hunter71;1358303 said:
He's talented...

But I also think he's annoying and his voice is obnoxious...

I think most people are wowed by the "show", and are moved by the "weird" factor.

I know people are finding it "amazing" that I don't think Prince is good. But I find it equally amazing that people seem to like the guy, and think he's some kind of musical genius.

Kinda funny, I was talking to my wife about Prince and she agrees with me. Probably the only think about music that we agree with.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
i loved this years show, last couple years were crap

LittleRed212

Reaction score
Bizwah;1358021 said:
Halftime shows are for the ladies forced to watch the game with their husbands.

Or, at least that's what my wife tells me.

I can't stand Prince. I really think he has no talent. I just don't get it about him.

Hey, hey, hey...stereotypes = a big no-no.

It was one of the better halftime shows. I watched it which says something in itself because usually I turn to another channel during halftime. He did make it work - the rain probably would've made any other performance by anyone else less than impressive.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358313 said:
I think most people are wowed by the "show", and are moved by the "weird" factor.

I know people are finding it "amazing" that I don't think Prince is good. But I find it equally amazing that people seem to like the guy, and think he's some kind of musical genius.

Kinda funny, I was talking to my wife about Prince and she agrees with me. Probably the only think about music that we agree with.
I'm going to venture a guess that you've never played a musical instrument, have you?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LittleRed212;1358317 said:
It was one of the better halftime shows.

but what is the criteria for best half-time shows? has there been any real good ones in a long while?

Bizwah

Reaction score
LittleRed212;1358317 said:
Hey, hey, hey...stereotypes = a big no-no.

It was one of the better halftime shows. I watched it which says something in itself because usually I turn to another channel during halftime. He did make it work - the rain probably would've made any other performance by anyone else less than impressive.

Take issue with my wife.

I asked aloud, "Why can't we just have a highlight show at halftime? Why do we have to have some kind of entertainer?"

She said, "It's for all the women forced to watch with their husbands."

Stereotype?

Yes.

Funny?

I think so.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1358325 said:
but what is the criteria for best half-time shows? has there been any real good ones in a long while?

None that I can remember

Hunter71

Reaction score
The show itself was well-done but that's about it...

But he can play the guitar, no denying that...