halftime show...what'd ya think?

ndanger

Reaction score
Artie Lange;1358689 said:
Mark David Chapman>Lennon....FACT.

John Lennon got dead.I know because Howard Cosell told me on Monday night football.Yes I am old.I'm not sure if I have a memory about Mark David Chapman.Traci's brother? But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.At least that's what my mistress said.I don't know if I was really drunk at the time or what.We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fishbowl,year after year.Runnin' over the same old ground,what have we found.Wish you were here.:confused:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
We needed Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh1:
40pczu0.jpg

Bizwah

Reaction score
davidyee;1358736 said:
...talent how would you rate a guy who play at least seven different instruments good enough to be rated a "must have" as a sessional musician from the likes of Eric Clapton to Bo Diddly. Clapton has asked repeatedly, but the gentleman has declined.

Who on his last four albums not only laid down the tracks for much of the instruments, but controlled or did the mixing himself.

When Ella Fitzgerald made one of her last tours in the late 70's through the Northern MidWest she shared some TV time with this gentleman. She was wowed by hs musical talent and even took the time to sing "Tisket a Tasket" in his brand of funk soul.

Your opinion of his music may be one thing, but his abilities to play, write and arrange music is undeniable and unparalleled by anyone presently in the music industry.

Here in Canada there was a interview of Neil Young prior to him getting an award and he was asked who was the most talented musician he has ever met. To put this question in perspective the reason for the inquiry was a comment made by Bryan Adams who had told this reporter that Neil Young has the most amazing catologue of written songs not released and he wouldn't entertain releasing them to anyone.

When Young was asked who was the most talented musician he has ever met, the man who spanned the music industry for more than four decades from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young to a successful solo career, said simply - Prince.

There's an ocean of muscians who would fill the vote cup for Prince. Don't deny his ability.

All of which you just stated is merely your opinion...and the opinions of others.

He may have abilities to play 1000 instruments, but I still say he lacks talent singing.

Again....opinions.....

2much2soon

Reaction score
I was never a big Prince fan despite his albums playing nearly constantly when I was in college 20 years ago.
Over the years I have gradually come around to him.
I mean, how can't you respect a dude that has a harem that has included the likes of Carmen Electra? More than likely any other woman he wants as well?
Plus he is a rippin' guitarist. I thought his Strat was going to catch on fire last year when he performed on SNL.
I haven't seen him in person but would if I could. And I am a dyed in the wool classic rock/blues guy.
Nice performance tonight, especially considering he was playing in near monsoon conditions. Ever tried to fret or bend notes and grab chords on a wet guitar neck? In front of 70k+ live people and millions more watching on TV?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358750 said:
All of which you just stated is merely you opinion...and the opinions of others.

He may have abilities to play 1000 instruments, but I still say he lacks talent singing.

Again....opinions.....
Step 1: Take contrarian position.

Step 2: Defend it to the death.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
What about pre-game? Stevie Nicks? Were the Monkees not available?

I dug Prince. The guy still has talent and it sure beats the heck out of any rap crap or country crap they could have thrown up there.

But I agree, the halftime show needs some balls next year. There's only one answer: AC/DC. Football and Brian Johnson's "Pushin' out a turd" face.. now THAT is what Super Bowl Sunday should be about.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
2much2soon;1358753 said:
Nice performance tonight, especially considering he was playing in near monsoon conditions. Ever tried to fret or bend notes and grab chords on a wet guitar neck? In front of 70k+ live people and millions more watching on TV?

I was rather impressed with that too.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm not a Prince fan at all. Actually wasn't looking forward to this halftime show at all. But since I was hosting a superbowl party, and many of the people here are involved in my church's band, I wasn't able to change the channel. It was by far the best halftime show I can remember, U2 probably coming in 2nd. And it got the biggest laugh of the night when they had the curtain up and all you saw was his shadow. The guitar positioning was perfect.

ndanger

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1358745 said:
We needed Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh1:
40pczu0.jpg

That's all I'm sayin'.I thought Britney was hot a few years back at halftime.But ever since I saw her ****** online.I don't think they should bring her back.I haven't been able to let my daughter listen to her Cds since.I'm weird like that with superstars vaginas.:D

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
ndanger;1358777 said:
That's all I'm sayin'.I thought Britney was hot a few years back at halftime.But ever since I saw her ****** online.I don't think they should bring her back.I haven't been able to let my daughter listen to her Cds since.I'm weird like that with superstars vaginas.:D

You can't ever compare Brittney with Carrie.

Brit has no talent and sells by sex .
Carrie seems like a good ol country girl with talent, and GREAT LOOKS.:D

Bizwah

Reaction score
theogt;1358757 said:
Step 1: Take contrarian position.

Step 2: Defend it to the death.

Talking to yourself there?

Sorry, if you don't like me disagreeing with you, but you're the one that insulted me in the first place.

Even if you would've insulted my taste in music, I probably wouldn't have cared much.

But I had two people call me an idiot about my opinion.

I don't take kindly to that.

If you didn't want me constantly arguing with you, you should've simply said, "I think you're wrong" and have been done.

Instead you have to insult me like a child....Now, you're continuing to drag it out. So, it looks like you WANTED to have this type of arguement. And since it's obvioulsy what you wanted, you need to stop whining about it.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358750 said:
All of which you just stated is merely your opinion...and the opinions of others.

Again....opinions.....

...is denigrating the abilities of those who have taken serious time to develop their craft, one that I would guess you don't have. Are you capable of playing music in any way shape or form?

Calling anyone view of talent who is a professional musician is a serious sign of disrespect.

Actually I suspect it's an attempt by you to lower people down to your standards to defend to a ridiculous end your argument. It may be a sign of insecurity on your part.

The real question is where do you as poster on a football forum display to us that your opinion really matters on this topic.

Do you understand syncopating your left hand on the piano. What about a three chord jump hand over hand? Or a double kick on the bass pedal?

Wothout being able to display talent in a certain area it's difficult to prove to anyone your opinion really holds alot of weight.

I don't own any Prince records or CDs, but I'm not so vulgar as to put a man down for what I feel I can plainly see from a decade of piano lessons and what many others in the music industry have publicly stated.

I like Neil Young and I was personally surprised by his answer. But having the chance to see that man live multiple times I trust and respect his words on this topic.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1358504 said:
:eek: how dare you! you've just made my ignore list, congrats

;) but seriously, why you disrespecting the greatest?
He is not the greatest.. but one of the greatest.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to add my two cents...

I enjoyed the show, but then I actually like Prince.

To chime in on the differing points of views... I can understand people not thinking Prince is a great singer. He's not a great vocalist. He's able to do many things with his voice, but I wouldn't classify him as a true vocalist.

He's a great performer. He can put on a heck of a show. Musically, he's on another level. As a musician, producer, writer, he's truly a legend.

So, I can respect Biz's opinion on Prince not being a good singer, because IMO he's not. As an artist, though Prince is awesome. But it's about understanding his strengths as an artist.

Bizwah

Reaction score
davidyee;1358809 said:
...is denigrating the abilities of those who have taken serious time to develop their craft, one that I would guess you don't have. Are you capable of playing music in any way shape or form?

Alright...where is it written that I can't dog someone's lack of abilities if I can't do it as well.

If that's the case, then you better not say one bad thing about any of the players on this, or any other NFL team. Because they've spent years developing their abilities. And I'm sure you can't do it as well.

Calling anyone view of talent who is a professional musician is a serious sign of disrespect.

So what?

I have to respect him now, as well as think he's a talented singer?

You guys are tough.

Actually I suspect it's an attempt by you to lower people down to your standards to defend to a ridiculous end your argument. It may be a sign of insecurity on your part.

No, I merely stated my opinion....I didn't think he was talented....and I was called Stupid....

Now, you tell me, what's more insecure?

Sticking to my opinion?

or

Insulting someone based on opinion?

I assure you, I didn't insult any poster until they insulted me.

The real question is where do you as poster on a football forum display to us that your opinion really matters on this topic.

My opinion matters every bit as much as anyone else's. If you don't like it, fine.

You know what they say about opinions and armpits?

Do you understand syncopating your left hand on the piano. What about a three chord jump hand over hand? Or a double kick on the bass pedal?

Wothout being able to display talent in a certain area it's difficult to prove to anyone your opinion really holds alot of weight.

Again, you have to be good at something to be able to have a valid opinion?

Whatever?

I don't care if you like my opinion or not. I've been reacting to the fact that people call me stupid just for my taste in music.

I don't own any Prince records or CDs, but I'm not so vulgar as to put a man down for what I feel I can plainly see from a decade of piano lessons and what many others in the music industry have publicly stated.

I'll remember this the next time we draft a player you don't like. Because I'm sure you have no real experience in evaluating talent.

I like Neil Young and I was personally surprised by his answer. But having the chance to see that man live multiple times I trust and respect his words on this topic.

Good for you.

I have my opinion.

I still think Prince has a serious lack of singing talent.

But since he's worked hard, and I'm not a good singer, then I shouldn't be able to form an opinion about him?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358849 said:
Alright...where is it written that I can't dog someone's lack of abilities if I can't do it as well.

If that's the case, then you better not say one bad thing about any of the players on this, or any other NFL team. Because they've spent years developing their abilities. And I'm sure you can't do it as well.

So what?

I have to respect him now, as well as think he's a talented singer?

You guys are tough.

No, I merely stated my opinion....I didn't think he was talented....and I was called Stupid....

Now, you tell me, what's more insecure?

Sticking to my opinion?

or

Insulting someone based on opinion?

I assure you, I didn't insult any poster until they insulted me.

My opinion matters every bit as much as anyone else's. If you don't like it, fine.

You know what they say about opinions and armpits?

Again, you have to be good at something to be able to have a valid opinion?

Whatever?

I don't care if you like my opinion or not. I've been reacting to the fact that people call me stupid just for my taste in music.

I'll remember this the next time we draft a player you don't like. Because I'm sure you have no real experience in evaluating talent.

Good for you.

I have my opinion.

I still think Prince has a serious lack of singing talent.

But since he's worked hard, and I'm not a good singer, then I shouldn't be able to form an opinion about him?

wow. Did Prince relieve himself in your cornflakes?

Randy White

Reaction score
saw was just the tip of the iceberg.

I worked for the man down here ( Miami ) when he owned the club GlamSlam (1245 Washington Ave, SoBe ). I was at the private weekend shooting of the video for the song Gold. In between takes, he would pick up a guitar or just sit in front of a piano and he would blow the minds of everyone at the club ( over 400 extras and employees ).

The guy is a musical genius.

Bizwah

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1358847 said:
Just to add my two cents...

I enjoyed the show, but then I actually like Prince.

To chime in on the differing points of views... I can understand people not thinking Prince is a great singer. He's not a great vocalist. He's able to do many things with his voice, but I wouldn't classify him as a true vocalist.

He's a great performer. He can put on a heck of a show. Musically, he's on another level. As a musician, producer, writer, he's truly a legend.

So, I can respect Biz's opinion on Prince not being a good singer, because IMO he's not. As an artist, though Prince is awesome. But it's about understanding his strengths as an artist.

You know, if whathisname would've responded in this manner instead of calling me an idiot, this stupid thread would've died a long time ago.

I'm not taking as much issue with Prince as I am taking issue with the guys that insulted me for merely stating my opinion.

It's nearly a flame war, and they're the one's flaming. I'm just defending myself here.