halftime show...what'd ya think?

Bizwah

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1358869 said:
wow. Did Prince relieve himself in your cornflakes?

Jeez!

What is this?

Is he your dad?

My opinion of Prince is secondary now. My main beef is with the guys that called me an idiot for not liking him.

Perhaps Prince is just suffering the brunt of their attacks.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1358873 said:

I was just messing with you in that other thread. Lennon was great, but this isnt about John, its about the greatness that is PRINCE.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1358891 said:
I was just messing with you in that other thread. Lennon was great, but this isnt about John, its about the greatness that is PRINCE.

I know you were messing, and I brought up Lennon to get a common ground going, it didn't work though :angry:

ArmoredSaint

Reaction score
I thought that Prince's show tonight and U2's halftime performance at SBXXXVI after 9/11 were the best. Prince definitely brought it home, which is refreshing after the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" in Houston and those tired old farts McCartney and the Stones the next two years.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Bizwah;1358889 said:
Jeez!

What is this?

Is he your dad?

My opinion of Prince is secondary now. My main beef is with the guys that called me an idiot for not liking him.

Perhaps Prince is just suffering the brunt of their attacks.

I understand exactly what your'e saying. You don't like Prince in anyway shape or form. With that being said, I think you can hold back on him not being talented, that man is extremely talented. I myself Like Prince a lot, but I do understand that you don't like him. Talent wise though he is a music genious, and I think credit should always be given to where it's due. Just to put Prince's talent into perspective, if you came into the music industry and even whispered to anyone in the business about how you thought Prince was untalented, your life in the business would be cut short. I'm not blasting you, I promise, I'm just putting his talent into perspective. but I think the reason you are getting flamed from others is because of the fact that you said he was untalented....

With that being said, you said he could not sing...true, IYO...

now instrumentally; MUSICAL GENIOUS and a LEGEND...

It was Prince who has paved the way for many musicians today...

again not flaming you, just saying why I think you are getting flamed...

now just to bring up conversation, who do you think is more talented than Prince, as far as someone who does vocal and instruments?

2much2soon

Reaction score
da_whiz_kid;1358959 said:
I understand exactly what your'e saying. You don't like Prince in anyway shape or form. With that being said, I think you can hold back on him not being talented, that man is extremely talented. I myself Like Prince a lot, but I do understand that you don't like him. Talent wise though he is a music genious, and I think credit should always be given to where it's due. Just to put Prince's talent into perspective, if you came into the music industry and even whispered to anyone in the business about how you thought Prince was untalented, your life in the business would be cut short. I'm not blasting you, I promise, I'm just putting his talent into perspective. but I think the reason you are getting flamed from others is because of the fact that you said he was untalented....

With that being said, you said he could not sing...true, IYO...

now instrumentally; MUSICAL GENIOUS and a LEGEND...

It was Prince who has paved the way for many musicians today...

again not flaming you, just saying why I think you are getting flamed...

now just to bring up conversation, who do you think is more talented than Prince, as far as someone who does vocal and instruments?

Good post.
I don't necessarily "like" Vai or Satriani but I can't deny their huge skills.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
2much2soon;1358968 said:
Good post.
I don't necessarily "like" Vai or Satriani but I can't deny their huge skills.
Nice comparison. Does anyone actually like Vai or Satriani?

sacase

Reaction score
theogt;1358704 said:
I tend to enjoy when artists take other songs and make them their own.

Dude, I am sorry to tell you, but Prince probally wrote those songs. In fact, Prince writes A LOT of mainstream music that we hear for many different artists.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sacase;1358974 said:
Dude, I am sorry to tell you, but Prince probally wrote those songs. In fact, Prince whites A LOT of mainstream music that we hear for many different artists.
I'm sorry to tell you, but I doubt he wrote all of those songs.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
sacase;1358974 said:
Dude, I am sorry to tell you, but Prince probally wrote those songs. In fact, Prince whites A LOT of mainstream music that we hear for many different artists.

I SERIOUSLY doubt he wrote "All Along the Watchtower." I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1358977 said:
I SERIOUSLY doubt he wrote "All Along the Watchtower." I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
Bob Dylan.

Prince was 9 years old. He's talented, but....

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
There is no denying that Prince is talented. You may not like his music, but any person who can play 11 different musical instruments is ridiculously talented.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Yeah...and he sang a Foo Fighters song, too. Dave Grohl wrote that. I thought it was appropriate considering the Foos did a cover of 'Darling Nikki'.

2much2soon

Reaction score
theogt;1358972 said:
Nice comparison. Does anyone actually like Vai or Satriani?

I think a large part of their audience can be found on Saturdays in Guitar Centers across the country.

My mind begins to wander after only a couple of minutes of listening to them.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yes, I like Vai and Satriani. I like the latter more than the former and have/had more than a few of his albums - six of them (most of his songs are ripped to mp3).

dricas24

Reaction score
theogt;1358980 said:
Bob Dylan.

Prince was 9 years old. He's talented, but....

Yeah and I am pretty sure he got it from the Hendrix version. (Prince)

rubrink

Reaction score
I was really really stoked about Prince doing it.

But I wasnt expecting him to go up there and sing a montage of Queen/CCR/Dylan songs. I was expecting him to play *HIS* stuff

Personally, I really like Prince...but I was let down. I was more impressed with the Stones last year. Plus, it bothers me that they're not really playing.

Next year I'll petition for the Dave Matthews Band to do it. ;-) It may be a one-man petition, but what the hell