halftime show...what'd ya think?

Bizwah

Reaction score
theogt;1358541 said:
This might help you:

There are musicians that aren't great singers yet I like their music. There are also musicians that are great singers, yet I don't like their music.

Maybe that helps.

Thank you.

That helps me realize that you just don't want to listen to my opinion. Because that's the way I feel about Prince.

He's a musician....I just don't think he's any good. I don't think he can sing. I don't think he has talent.

Maybe that'll help you....but I won't hold my breath.

If you think Prince is not a talented musician, I think you're either deaf or an idiot. His talent reaches a level where one can say objectively that he's clearly talented.

I disagree.....I don't think he's talented as a singer, anymore than the kid that sings the national anthem before the HS basketball games here in town.

If you think I'm an idiot....then you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

The feeling is mutual.

Bizwah

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1358550 said:
Is this American Idol?

Right, it doesnt take talent to play 15 instruments, thats just pure luck. :rolleyes:

Obviously, you need a reading comprehension lesson.

I said plainly, that I don't think he's a good singer.

He could play 1000 instruments flawlessly.

Does that improve his average singing voice?

I'm still waiting for you to prove he's a great singer.

I'll admit that I can't prove he's an average singer.

Why?

Because that's my OPINION.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
That halftime show *** SMOKED.

And to that poster that said Prince was a little fruity, the man had had more ________ than any of us will see in our lifetimes COMBINED.

I'm not a big Prince fan or anything, but the guy is famous for being an amazing showman and it showed tonight.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358574 said:
Obviously, you need a reading comprehension lesson.

I said plainly, that I don't think he's a good singer.

He could play 1000 instruments flawlessly.

Does that improve his average singing voice?

I'm still waiting for you to prove he's a great singer.

I'll admit that I can't prove he's an average singer.

Why?

Because that's my OPINION.

You are the one acting like a singing voice makes or breaks a musician. I think its stupid.

Bizwah

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1358598 said:
You are the one acting like a singing voice makes or breaks a musician. I think its stupid.

No, I'm not.

I'm just saying that's why I don't like Prince. I think he lacks great talent there, and I can't stand to listen to his type of voice.

I'm still waiting on you to prove my opinion wrong.

ndanger

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1358397 said:
c'mon guys, you're talking about music here, not mathematics
Well technically there is a mathematical element to music.:)

ndanger

Reaction score
yazzmode621;1358589 said:
Depeche Mode would've been awesome. They need to get them for next year.
I'm thinkin' get all the members of Pink Floyd on the same stage and watch Roger and David kick some serious butt but Depeche Mode would rock.I thoght Jimmy Hendrix's son did a pretty good job though.Not a huge Prince fan but my wife likes his pumps.:eek:

ndanger

Reaction score
I'm glad we're not this divided about the Cowboys.Can you imagine all the negative and divisive threads there would be.At least we all agreed on Quincy,two Drews and a Zimmer. Yippie we're havin' fun now boys and girls.:lmao:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
TXCowboyVol;1357988 said:
Although extremely strange, Prince is still extremely talented...

Yep. I'm no Prince fan but that was entertaining. My wife is probably the biggest Prince fanatic on the planet. She taped the halftime show only.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Biggems;1358191 said:
i liked the halftime show....but then again i like a lot of prince' music

I liked it alright, but IMO it would have been better if he actually played his own music. Purple Rain was the only song I recognized that was his...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1358699 said:
I liked it alright, but IMO it would have been better if he actually played his own music. Purple Rain was the only song I recognized that was his...
I tend to enjoy when artists take other songs and make them their own.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Hey it was a twofer, Black history month and Gay pride day all rolled in to One. ;)

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1358695 said:
Yep. I'm no Prince fan but that was entertaining. My wife is probably the biggest Prince fanatic on the planet. She taped the halftime show only.

Prince is a highly talented musician.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1358704 said:
I tend to enjoy when artists take other songs and make them their own.

Yeah, I just thought with Prince, you would hear Raspberry Beret, or Little Red Corvette, etc etc.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358313 said:
I think most people are wowed by the "show", and are moved by the "weird" factor.

I know people are finding it "amazing" that I don't think Prince is good. But I find it equally amazing that people seem to like the guy, and think he's some kind of musical genius.

Kinda funny, I was talking to my wife about Prince and she agrees with me. Probably the only think about music that we agree with.

...talent how would you rate a guy who play at least seven different instruments good enough to be rated a "must have" as a sessional musician from the likes of Eric Clapton to Bo Diddly. Clapton has asked repeatedly, but the gentleman has declined.

Who on his last four albums not only laid down the tracks for much of the instruments, but controlled or did the mixing himself.

When Ella Fitzgerald made one of her last tours in the late 70's through the Northern MidWest she shared some TV time with this gentleman. She was wowed by hs musical talent and even took the time to sing "Tisket a Tasket" in his brand of funk soul.

Your opinion of his music may be one thing, but his abilities to play, write and arrange music is undeniable and unparalleled by anyone presently in the music industry.

Here in Canada there was a interview of Neil Young prior to him getting an award and he was asked who was the most talented musician he has ever met. To put this question in perspective the reason for the inquiry was a comment made by Bryan Adams who had told this reporter that Neil Young has the most amazing catologue of written songs not released and he wouldn't entertain releasing them to anyone.

When Young was asked who was the most talented musician he has ever met, the man who spanned the music industry for more than four decades from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young to a successful solo career, said simply - Prince.

There's an ocean of muscians who would fill the vote cup for Prince. Don't deny his ability.