Happily Married?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To preface this discussion - I am actually single haha.

Also, take the common and expected arguments/disagreements out, and then answer the following! Or even if you're not married - feel free to chime in.

-------------

I'm curious, out of all the guys on here (or ladies!) that are married, how many of you are honestly happy in your marriage?

Not to get super deep or anything, but to me, it's sad to see how seldom marriages are actually enjoyed by both spouses. I talk to too many guy friends who just tolerate their wife and/or have completely lost "the spark". Sleep in different beds, never intimate, etc.

In no way do I want to turn this into a therapy session. But sparing the details, it'd be interesting to find out how many great - or not so great- couples there are out there!

Come on CZ, give me hope that it's possible for me to have a great marriage one day :thumbup:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I am. I think we have a lot of similarities where it counts. We both are about the same age, have similar educational backgrounds, work in similar fields, have similar worldviews, and lead similar lifestyles. I've been in many relationships that didn't work because at least one of those things was off. I'm not saying a working man couldn't have a happy marriage with a housewife, or that an older man couldn't have a happy marriage with an 18 year old. I just think you're setting yourself up for failure by not having anything in common.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
:lmao: this is a funny thread!
There's nothing worse(actually, there's a 1001 worse things) than being stuck in a bad relationship, where you dread going home/cringe when you hear her come thru the door,been there and know what that's about!
@JoeyBoy718 is pretty fortunate and he touched on some thoughts but age and having things in common are an integral part of long term successful relationship,, those may/ November relationships I don't see as working long term
( obviously! ones gonna croak sooner) I was 54 and had a 22 y.o. girlfriend, well other than the *#redacted#* and the feeling akin to stomping across virgin unspoiled flawless terrain for the first time, they can really start to become annoying in short order, I don't know what to tell you there @jwooten15 other than if your looking for a relationship choose your hunting grounds wisely! as there are as many nightmare psycho women in the Walmart, bowling alley and strip clubs as anywhere else,,,have you tried church? Christian girls like to *#redacted#* right along with the best of them
( with the proper training and guidance of course)
So, you should treat every day as if your on Safari every time you venture forth from your man cave,,,er,,, and maybe you don't have to go into ' zero cull mode' but don't dismiss any of them right off the bat,,, studies have pretty much proved that whole 'love' thing has a life expectancy on the average of 7 years,,,I believe that, too.
:star::starspin::star:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happily married for over 26 years. I give her credit for everything. She's been my inspiration and reason for wanting to succeed since the day i met her 27 years ago. If i had met her in my teens, I'd probably be president. We are exactly alike, but totally different, and it works great. Knock on wood!! I'll elaborate a bit more later as this thread gets going.
Fyi, i had no intention of getting married when i did. I was playing the field and enjoying it. I met her and fell like a ton of bricks. I knew within a few weeks that she was the one. Go with your gut, don't ask for to much advice, you might not like what other people say.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's nothing worse(actually, there's a 1001 worse things) than being stuck in a bad relationship, where you dread going home/cringe when you hear her come thru the door,been there and know what that's about!
@JoeyBoy718 is pretty fortunate and he touched on some thoughts but age and having things in common are an integral part of long term successful relationship,, those may/ November relationships I don't see as working long term
( obviously! ones gonna croak sooner) I was 54 and had a 22 y.o. girlfriend, well other than the *#redacted#* and the feeling akin to stomping across virgin unspoiled flawless terrain for the first time, they can really start to become annoying in short order, I don't know what to tell you there @jwooten15 other than if your looking for a relationship choose your hunting grounds wisely! as there are as many nightmare psycho women in the Walmart, bowling alley and strip clubs as anywhere else,,,have you tried church? Christian girls like to *#redacted#* right along with the best of them
So, you should treat every day as if your on Safari every time you venture forth from your man cave,,,er,,, and maybe you don't have to go into ' zero cull mode' but don't dismiss any of them right off the bat,,, studies have pretty much proved that whole 'love' thing has a life expectancy on the average of 7 years,,,I believe that, too.

Very sound advice from a seemingly very wise (and well "experienced" :laugh:) man!

Thank you brother. I think I've finally learned my lesson with going after the younger women. No matter how mature they are, their lack of life experience makes it so hard to have a lasting relationship!!

So now I have a soft age limit of 27 haha! I'm 30, for what it's worth.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Happily married for over 26 years. I give her credit for everything. She's been my inspiration and reason for wanting to succeed since the day i met her 27 years ago. If i had met her in my teens, I'd probably be president. We are exactly alike, but totally different, and it works great. Knock on wood!! I'll elaborate a bit more later as this thread gets going.
Fyi, i had no intention of getting married when i did. I was playing the field and enjoying it. I met her and fell like a ton of bricks. I knew within a few weeks that she was the one. Go with your gut, don't ask for to much advice, you might not like what other people say.

Wow, that's the type of story I like to hear!

I've had one (or so I thought) woman who I thought was "the one". Fell hard and fast for her. But she was young and somewhat inexperienced in life - didn't have a realistic expectation of what a good relationship was. So she just left one day, basically out of the blue! Left me shattered for a long time.

Was your wife the first woman you ever had that amount of physical/emotional attraction to? Or did you meet other women who you THOUGHT could be really good for you, but they just ended up not working out?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very sound advice from a seemingly very wise (and well "experienced" :laugh:) man!

Thank you brother. I think I've finally learned my lesson with going after the younger women. No matter how mature they are, their lack of life experience makes it so hard to have a lasting relationship!!

So now I have a soft age limit of 27 haha! I'm 30, for what it's worth.
My mom was a year older than dad, married 60 years until she passed. Coincidently my wife is a year older than me. Respect your elders.
Make sure she is smart and can carry interesting conversations. You have to have something to do after the honeymoon. Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, that's the type of story I like to hear!

I've had one (or so I thought) woman who I thought was "the one". Fell hard and fast for her. But she was young and somewhat inexperienced in life - didn't have a realistic expectation of what a good relationship was. So she just left one day, basically out of the blue! Left me shattered for a long time.

Was your wife the first woman you ever had that amount of physical/emotional attraction to? Or did you meet other women who you THOUGHT could be really good for you, but they just ended up not working out?
She was the first woman I ever called a girlfriend. I never had a true relationship until I met her. I was just about to turn 25 when I married her. She was on her way to med school when we met, she stayed home and became a teacher to be with me. I was a bit nervous that she would regret that later in life, so I made sure to give her everything she needed and then some, even though she never asked. She is the oldest of 11 and very humble, I am the youngest and spoiled child of 4 and very cocky. Don't ask me how, but it has worked.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I take it you're married???? :laugh::laugh:
How many times have you been happily married? Lol, Salud!
lol. I am working on my 3rd divorce as we speak. Unless you can find an only child-lady lawyer/doctor with a rich family, and owns a liquor store...stay single. Remember the words of the great late Henry Bukowski..." Regard the society of woman as a necessary evil to be avoided whenever possible?:)

John813

Reaction score
Happily married. Wasn't forced into the relationship. Was content being single before I met her.
We literally have the same views/mindset/hobbies/etc on a lot of things. Work very well with one another.
Really enjoy each others company.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should try farmers only.com. Lol, maybe @waldoputty can find a woman on there that can take care of his rat problem. :lmao2::lmao2: