CFZ Happy, sad, confounded about Kellen Moore? A different perspective

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Yeah! the scapegoat is dead!? I apologize for the tards that were, and the tards too pass. I can't apologize for the incompetency that is. I really hate the idea of going back to an offence that ranks 10th to 20th overall every year, which was the preamble to that of Kellen Moore. The offence is Vanilla, it lacks motion and Pizzazz; crap I tell you! I'll take the wins over that glitz, anytime, anywhere; yes sir, I will. Change is not always good! "The evil that men do comes after them, the good is oft interred with their bones, so let it be with Caesar.///not(Kellen)saying this, personally, duh\\\." I get it, and hate it, but this is a quote that sticks with me in history as well as sports.
He has done a lot more right than he has wrong and most people would take that.

Not Cowboys fans, I can definitely find fault in his play calling but to blame, the game on the coordinator is lazy. If Dak were on a couplable/cut able/tradeable contract it would be his arse on the chopping block. Despite Kellen's minor transgressions. Ask yourself? Are you mad with a top five offensive Co. in the league or have you sided with the masses, and joined the easy out scapegoat that everyone has chosen for this insurrection.

Kellen is most definitely a scapegoat, I suffer as a fan of the Cowboys, as much as he does losing his job=(exaggeration financially)=. It's unjust, wrong, what have you. Somebody will most definitely wreak the benefits,(Chargers), this is the way!?. I hope and pray that Mr. fats McCarthy can pull together an offence that resembles that of what has been displayed over the past couple years... or I guess we will see irrelevancy again. The fact of the matter is a top 10 coordinator is not happenstance, its more of a circumstance. Look at the past Super Bowl winners. The common denominator is,..,,, an elite QB. Or a perfect team, that makes up .for the lack of a perfect QB. We are almost perfect enough to make up for mediocre QB play, if Mr. Irrelevant can squeak into the championship round. So can Dallas with a top 12 QB and a superb surrounding cast.

In some circumstances a change is just, and sometimes that is what you need. In this case, I almost agree. You have to find out if it's Dak or if it's Kellen blowing up the mojo. Everyone's heard the phrase. "The grass is always greener on the other side." It better be the greenest of greens. Why give up on a good thing? Because the circumstance dictates you to do so? I really waiver when people conclude, a change is a good one; just because it is one!@?

Questions/ generalities/ here say, nobody really know until the universe plays its hand; God I miss Vegas. If I was the house, my bet would be on failure; only because I follow the pattern. My biggest discretion is selling Amari for peanuts and hoping you can make up for his production with a #5 wideout like Brown. Fore shame. We are all wannabe's, but I would take a majority of your ideas over the swill these turds throw about to placate the masses. Sometime I am just embarrassed to have to associate myself with this establishment. (Hey a fan is a fan, can't help it, 27 years of awesome failurtude and hopelessness. Cheers everybody.)

What I am jawing on about in half English generalities, is mostly this...Kellen might have been bland, but was this a personnel problem?/ assistant problem?/ or an above station problem.? Getting rid of Kellen is a short sided, fan suppressing solution, which I fully suspect will end in sorrow. I believe, Dak has been, and will be the problem, because he fails to grasp the offence in a way that can be deployed in an efficient manner. He don't scan or process fast enough. If he does, he places the ball short and behind the receiver in almost every situation. If Kellen does go to LA, I really think the Chargers will be top 5 in offence next year; nothing new for Kellen.

I know this post isn't a hate Kellen post... this is more of a Dak processing an offence problem. I apologize for being a drag but I really think Kellen was being held back by Dak. Run's up the middle and Curls abound it doesn't change the fact that Dak couldn't find the open receivers in a simple offence; good luck Mcarthy.

Excuse my grammar and punctuation. I'm not an electrical Einstein.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yeah! the scapegoat is dead!? I apologize for the tards that were, and the tards too pass. I can't apologize for the incompetency that is. I really hate the idea of going back to an offence that ranks 10th to 20th overall every year, which was the preamble to that of Kellen Moore. The offence is Vanilla, it lacks motion and Pizzazz; crap I tell you! I'll take the wins over that glitz, anytime, anywhere; yes sir, I will. Change is not always good! "The evil that men do comes after them, the good is oft interred with their bones, so let it be with Caesar.///not(Kellen)saying this, personally, duh\\\." I get it, and hate it, but this is a quote that sticks with me in history as well as sports.

Not Cowboys fans, I can definitely find fault in his play calling but to blame, the game on the coordinator is lazy. If Dak were on a couplable/cut able/tradeable contract it would be his arse on the chopping block. Despite Kellen's minor transgressions. Ask yourself? Are you mad with a top five offensive Co. in the league or have you sided with the masses, and joined the easy out scapegoat that everyone has chosen for this insurrection.

Kellen is most definitely a scapegoat, I suffer as a fan of the Cowboys, as much as he does losing his job=(exaggeration financially)=. It's unjust, wrong, what have you. Somebody will most definitely wreak the benefits,(Chargers), this is the way!?. I hope and pray that Mr. fats McCarthy can pull together an offence that resembles that of what has been displayed over the past couple years... or I guess we will see irrelevancy again. The fact of the matter is a top 10 coordinator is not happenstance, its more of a circumstance. Look at the past Super Bowl winners. The common denominator is,..,,, an elite QB. Or a perfect team, that makes up .for the lack of a perfect QB. We are almost perfect enough to make up for mediocre QB play, if Mr. Irrelevant can squeak into the championship round. So can Dallas with a top 12 QB and a superb surrounding cast.

In some circumstances a change is just, and sometimes that is what you need. In this case, I almost agree. You have to find out if it's Dak or if it's Kellen blowing up the mojo. Everyone's heard the phrase. "The grass is always greener on the other side." It better be the greenest of greens. Why give up on a good thing? Because the circumstance dictates you to do so? I really waiver when people conclude, a change is a good one; just because it is one!@?

Questions/ generalities/ here say, nobody really know until the universe plays its hand; God I miss Vegas. If I was the house, my bet would be on failure; only because I follow the pattern. My biggest discretion is selling Amari for peanuts and hoping you can make up for his production with a #5 wideout like Brown. Fore shame. We are all wannabe's, but I would take a majority of your ideas over the swill these turds throw about to placate the masses. Sometime I am just embarrassed to have to associate myself with this establishment. (Hey a fan is a fan, can't help it, 27 years of awesome failurtude and hopelessness. Cheers everybody.)

What I am jawing on about in half English generalities, is mostly this...Kellen might have been bland, but was this a personnel problem?/ assistant problem?/ or an above station problem.? Getting rid of Kellen is a short sided, fan suppressing solution, which I fully suspect will end in sorrow. I believe, Dak has been, and will be the problem, because he fails to grasp the offence in a way that can be deployed in an efficient manner. He don't scan or process fast enough. If he does, he places the ball short and behind the receiver in almost every situation. If Kellen does go to LA, I really think the Chargers will be top 5 in offence next year; nothing new for Kellen.

I know this post isn't a hate Kellen post... this is more of a Dak processing an offence problem. I apologize for being a drag but I really think Kellen was being held back by Dak. Run's up the middle and Curls abound it doesn't change the fact that Dak couldn't find the open receivers in a simple offence; good luck Mcarthy.

Wow, nice insight.

I suspect the problem was Dak. It's plain as day, and indeed Moore was a victim of hurt egos and self-preservation of McCarthy and Jerral Wayne.

I don't think it's wise to fire Kellen just to conduct a study on such a small sample-size to determine if it was Kellen or Dak, because there's really no way to get a clear answer. The result you end up getting may be irrelevant to the question anyway. So, there's that: the flawed logic used to deflect the loss.

When my grandfather was sick, and dying of leukemia after recovering for a year or two, we were talking to the Dr. and asking if it could be this, or that, and he turned to us and asked, "what do you want him to die from?"

Kind of his way of saying things happen that we don't know, but wish we did. Same thing here. The lashing out against Kellen isn't based in logic. It's an emotional decision, or reaction.

Also, I suspect from some of your writing style that you're from somewhere like Australia, correct? As in, not a native U.S. citizen?

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
amazing response, sorry about your grandfather.

I am not saying the Cowboys are wrong, I would never say that., Why would I deal in absolutes? In a no win situation you still have to make a choice. I definitely agree with this. Hopefully we are wrong and MC can bring the boys to the promise land. The best thing I can say is we will know shortly. Kellen will probably be hired by the Chargers and Herbert will most likely go off. The accusations the hoi polloi throws at Kellen are simplistic and predictable but its uncouth/unbecoming of a sports fan. I hate on players too but not in a physical or virtual space and I really do hope Kellen lands on his feat. He is not the problem, he isn't the solution either. In both cases I'm fine with that. Let's move on and make the best of what choices we are still allotted.

They say MC will take over play calling, is that what everyone wants? In that case we know it is either MC or Dak causing a fray in the system. If not whom would you recommend for OC?

Whom do you want as OC? do you think MC has been waiting for Moore to (fail)? or do you think MC can actually make the changes to facilitate a quality change in Dak's decision making.

If Dak does fail, and it turns out it's his problem do you trade up for a QB next year, if so I like Riley Leonard's game QB from Duke. He can do everything and he probably won't go in the top 10 which helps trade price.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but they are NOT blaming Kellen. This offense and this scheme ( mostly Romo and Dak's entire career ) just maxed out for MM taste IMO. I strongly doubt this happens w/o MM's blessing but notice almost the entire offense coaches were fired. This tells me they are either bringing a top-level OC who will have input in assistants needed to run his scheme or MM is changing the scheme and want his own people.

My guess, is they are rebuilding the team around the defense, OLine and RB........similar to the Eagles, 49ers, and a couple of other teams. Think about it, you have arguably the game's best defensive player, and a QB who has shown over and over he's at his best with a strong running game. You finally have a chance to get out of Zeke's contract and retool the RB room.

I will say IMO these changes put MM and Dak at a crossroads. In other words, if we are having the same discussions ( missing a deep post-season run) this time next season one or both of their jobs are probably on the line.

stinkface

Reaction score
My knee jerk reaction is unless Zeke takes a massive pay cut he has played his last game here. If Big Mike is running the offense he with his own eyes as seen what Zeke is at this stage in his career. If Zeke had supporters it was the running back coach and Kellen and now they are both gone.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Just me, but they are NOT blaming Kellen. This offense and this scheme ( mostly Romo and Dak's entire career ) just maxed out for MM taste IMO. I strongly doubt this happens w/o MM's blessing but notice almost the entire offense coaches were fired. This tells me they are either bringing a top-level OC who will have input in assistants needed to run his scheme or MM is changing the scheme and want his own people.

My guess, is they are rebuilding the team around the defense, OLine and RB........similar to the Eagles, 49ers, and a couple of other teams. Think about it, you have arguably the game's best defensive player, and a QB who has shown over and over he's at his best with a strong running game. You finally have a chance to get out of Zeke's contract and retool the RB room.

I will say IMO these changes put MM and Dak at a crossroads. In other words, if we are having the same discussions ( missing a deep post-season run) this time next season one or both of their jobs are probably on the line.
I concur with the reply, but Kellen is definitely getting more guff than he deserves. He has been amazing and when your winning, there are definitely less things to prod at/ criticize/ chastise what have you... So people pick at the few plays they see that don't work and not the 30pts per game.

I don't agree with going RB heavy it would be a rehash of what they tried with the o-line and Zeke 8 years ago. Doing this again will only put us in a race with the teams who have already mastered it; and behind them at that. Not only will teams start to gameplan for this, because the 49res and Eagles have been so successful in implementing these systems. But if they end up drafting a first round running back again I will lose a lot of faith in the organization as a whole.

I think this is Dak and MC's last year. Expect a downturn in offensive production, MC's all washed up. Kellen will be missed. I really hope I am wrong.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
My knee jerk reaction is unless Zeke takes a massive pay cut he has played his last game here. If Big Mike is running the offense he with his own eyes as seen what Zeke is at this stage in his career. If Zeke had supporters it was the running back coach and Kellen and now they are both gone.
I really don't think Zeke was Kellen's guy at all. He really pushed to get Pollard in the 4th during the draft that was his guy followed by Mike White the next year and Mr. White turned out to be surprising not horrible just like Pollard. I liked Kellen's eye for talent, wish they would have used it Moore.

MC is crazy if he thinks he goes another year without improvement. Zeke is gone 80 percent sure, and Pollard will be the Franchise Tag.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't agree with going RB heavy it would be a rehash of what they tried with the o-line and Zeke 8 years ago.
In 2014 and 2016.......two different Cowboys QBs had career seasons AND in both seasons we led the league in rushing. This is where I think this offense is headed. Even Parcell and Jimmy have said, we need a strong running game around Dak, and don't think for a second Jerry and MM weren't listening.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
I
In 2014 and 2016.......two different Cowboys QBs had career seasons AND in both seasons we led the league in rushing. This is where I think this offense is headed. Even Parcell and Jimmy have said, we need a strong running game around Dak, and don't think for a second Jerry and MM weren't listening.
I could see Jerry and SJ doing this if they were planning around Dak as the future QB. They are stuck with him one more year before they can legitimately get out of his contract. I think its a shoot for the moon year and the Cowboys will actually spend in FA for once. If it fails Dak is an after thought along with the power running game he needs to be a successful QB. Just my opinion. Thanks for your collaboration.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I wonder how many Moore threads will be started between now and the end of next season. I predict over 2000 with a plus of 1500 and a minus of of 21

LittleD

Reaction score
Geez! Someone has to pay for the debacle in SF and at least one major head has to be severed. Jerry loves Big Mac so it was time for the boy wonder to depart.
It's obvious that with the Dak regression, changes with his coaching had to be undertaken. Hopefully, Jerry will find an innovative offensive mind who can coach Dak
back to average. Dak is way below average against top defenses.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I have some sympathies with Moore, for all of Dak's fans that quote: Pts, Yards and victories....well Moore could/should be applauded under the same criteria and indeed Moore also managed the Offense in the Rush games.

But, you're right we cant go on with the 'SAME 'OLE' combination even if the change is used as a last chance (no blame left) definitive assessment of what Dak actually is.

foofighters

Reaction score

1. You’re a bit all over the place here
2. As a Cowboy fan, you should realize they’ll always be a scapegoat while the real issue remains.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Geez! Someone has to pay for the debacle in SF and at least one major head has to be severed. Jerry loves Big Mac so it was time for the boy wonder to depart.
It's obvious that with the Dak regression, changes with his coaching had to be undertaken. Hopefully, Jerry will find an innovative offensive mind who can coach Dak
back to average. Dak is way below average against top defenses.
Yep.

Someone had to pay the price for:
Wk1 - 31pts vrs Buccs and
Wk2 - 12pts vrs 49ers

For me ....and most watchers of the game.....our Offense was performing well (against the no.1 Ranked Defense) until the Pollard's injury where it was evident that Zeke was shell of himself and focus went to Dak to step up into the Franchise QB we hoped he was.

It was the inability to change up the Offense on the field as the game got critical...... If Dak cant make the basic package throws how does he hit this innovative complex game plan.

Xeven

Reaction score
They had to make a change and they could not get rid of Dak so Kellen and QBC are gone. Kellen is paying for Dak’s failures.
Kellen will gain from this move by gaining experience with teams, players and coaches not tainted by Garret.

Burrows threw game losing INTs last night. He is as much at fault for Bengals loss as Dak is for our loss.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

not a scapegoat, but part of the problem. Jerry screwed Kellen and Kellen screwed himself. you have to take your lumps in the NFL, go through the ranks, coach positions, be Offensive quality control guy, be run game coordinator, etc. to learn the various aspects of the game. you don't go from QB coach after all of one year and one year of coaching experience anywhere to OC and find success.

the same things you complain about Dak, well, it applies to Moore. his offense struggled against better teams. not just struggle, but shut down. his play calling was unimaginative at times. he was up and down and his offensive game management left a lot to be desired. can Dak have helped? yes, but if you need an Elite QB for your offense to succeed in tough games, then your offense needs revamped. Niners did it with a 7th round pick, 3rd stringer. Philly did it with Hurts and he has 120 yards passing in NFCCG.

I argued against Moore when he was hired. I argued there after. I saw some improvements, but not enough. I said it back then, he is green. he has to learn. he has to take his lumps and we will suffer along the way and that we did.

and this is begining of cleaning house. coaches couldn't coach up the players. we were undesciplined group at times. so Jerry starts with the coaches. players are next and that's a bit tougher.