***Happy Veterans Day***

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
:starspin Thank all of you very much for your service to our country.:starspin

Phoenix

Reaction score
I add my sincere Thank You for all who have served, past and present.

US Air Force veteran
Ramstein AB, Germany

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Happy Veterans day and thank you to all who have served. I have the utmost respect for the military even though both the Air Force and Army rejected me.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Yes thanks to all. I have been serving for 26 years now and last night I got the opportunity to be the photographer for the 234th Marine Corps 234th birthday, even though I am Army they welcomed me as a soldier. It was really nice and got to meet some really nice folks, from the oldest Marine present (1923) to the younges Marine present (1983) it was really cool. I haven't had the opportunity to serve in combat but you just never know.

Happy Veteran's day to all.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
panchucko;3071225 said:
Yes thanks to all. I have been serving for 26 years now and last night I got the opportunity to be the photographer for the 234th Marine Corps 234th birthday, even though I am Army they welcomed me as a soldier. It was really nice and got to meet some really nice folks, from the oldest Marine present (1923) to the younges Marine present (1983) it was really cool. I haven't had the opportunity to serve in combat but you just never know.

Happy Veteran's day to all.

26 yrs? Wow....thank you for all of those years of service :bow:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
We'll always be in your debt.

bramhall.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:starspin:star::starspin:star::starspin:star:
:starspin:star::starspin:star::starspin
:starspin:star::starspin:star::starspin:star:​

Happy Veterans Day!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
How many veterans have played or coached for the Cowboys? Tom Landry, Roger Staubach and Chad Hennings, obviously. Have there been any others?

(Beau Morgan never made the team, by the way.)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
A debt owed that can never be repaid.

Thank you to all who have severed and sacrificed for this nation.

robjgrif

Reaction score
Rackat;3070990 said:
Thank you fellow Veterans for your service. Thank you to the members of the Zone for recognizing them.

USN 1986 - 1994
HM2 - 0000/8404
USNS Mercy
Desert Storm
Somalia

:hammer:

robjgrif

Reaction score
I'm very happy to see all the support for our military Veterans past and present... Thank You everyone.

USN 1992-2001, STS2(SS)
USS Buffalo SSN-715 (Although I would have been happier if it would have been on the USS Dallas, lol!)

GO COWBOYS!

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks to all our Men and Women of the Military! You have my respect and when I run across one of you guys past or present it's a proud feeling.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Happy Veteran's Day. Many thanks to those who are oversees risking their lives so that others may know the freedom that we as Americans, so enjoy.

USMC 1987 - 1992

Desert Storm

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
AdamJT13;3071698 said:
How many veterans have played or coached for the Cowboys? Tom Landry, Roger Staubach and Chad Hennings, obviously. Have there been any others?

Longtime defensive assistant Ernie Stautner was a US Marine. One of the greatest DLs ever to play the game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER;3071787 said:
Longtime defensive assistant Ernie Stautner was a US Marine. One of the greatest DLs ever to play the game.

Didn't Cliff Harris miss a year for Army duty or something?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AdamJT13;3071698 said:

That's a really good question Adam.

Lets see, I know that Eddie LaBaron served. I think Switzer might have been in the Army. Parcells coached at the Air Force academy. Don't know if you want to include that or not. I think Chan Gailey also coached for the Academy so same deal there. I think maybe Cliff Harris had to server. Tex Schramm was in the Air Force I believe. I know Ernie Stautner was in the Marine Corp. I'm certain that there are more but those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3071800 said:
That's a really good question Adam.

Lets see, I know that Eddie LaBaron served. I think Switzer might have been in the Army. Parcells coached at the Air Force academy. Don't know if you want to include that or not. I think Chan Gailey also coached for the Academy so same deal there. I think maybe Cliff Harris had to server. Tex Schramm was in the Air Force I believe. I know Ernie Stautner was in the Marine Corp. I'm certain that there are more but those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

I think Jerry peeled potatoes for a year at Leavenworth.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
bbgun;3071797 said:
Didn't Cliff Harris miss a year for Army duty or something?

I don't think so, he never missed a season.

I think D.D. Lewis was in the military and missed the 1969 season but don't quote me on it...