Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You never listen to me. :(

RealPlayer format | 17.4 MB | Click on pic for download​

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lets talk in a year or 2 - dude was cut with #3, #4, #5 WR injured. Has zero Special Teams skills. Is slow, undersized/strength etc. But he is a Texan :)

Good kid, tries
Not his fault

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I feel somewhat justified in sticking up for this kid after watching that episode. We've got far better players that would do well in having Danny's attitude....I said it in another thread, but if everyone on this team had his attitude, we'd be unstoppable.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
tomson75;2233155 said:
I feel somewhat justified in sticking up for this kid after watching that episode. We've got far better players that would do well in having Danny's attitude....I said it in another thread, but if everyone on this team had his attitude, we'd be unstoppable.

...If everyone had MBIII's attitude we would be unstoppable

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2233155 said:

Then make him a coach -
He can't physically survive in the NFL at WR or Special Teams.

Good kid, tries, great attitude and from Texas.

If every kid on our team had his talent we are drafting top 5 next year - thats a two edged sword you are playing with.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;2233186 said:
...If everyone had MBIII's attitude we would be unstoppable

If everyone was built like TO we would be unstoppable.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
You've definitely got to like Amendola's approach. But I think a number of the bottom feeders on the roster share his mentality --- namely a guy like Bartel, who has given up spots on a 53-man roster to stay on the practice squad here. Amendola's not the only one with a fighting spirit.

I still maintain my previous stance on Amendola. Not ready for the primetime this year, and maybe not even next year, but he has some talent that might just be unearthed years down the road.

I hate the Wes Welker comparisons, because your average joes instantly think by comparing them you're insinuating Amendola WILL reach Welker's level. But the comparison is there, and I think it's key to remember Welker took a long time to develop. If I'm Amendola, I spend the next year analyzing Welker and really trying to model myself after him. Amendola needs to be his own guy, but I think it'd be wise to implement tricks of the trade a guy of the similar build and talent base has used to become a top-level player.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Biggems;2233256 said:
If everyone was built like TO we would be unstoppable.

If everyone dated Jessica, we'd be unstop....

Err. Check that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If I were Amendola, I would follow TO around as TO did with Jerry Rice. Learn from the best.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm curious why it's only guys like Amendola who want it and try hard. Why doesn't Sam Hurd get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? He's was an undrafted free agent who not only played his way onto the team, but also contributed as a rookie with only a fraction of the fanfare. Why doesn't Alan Ball get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? Where's the Alan Ball fanclub? Where's the Mike Jefferson fan club?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2233293 said:
I'm curious why it's only guys like Amendola who want it and try hard. Why doesn't Sam Hurd get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? He's was an undrafted free agent who not only played his way onto the team, but also contributed as a rookie with only a fraction of the fanfare. Why doesn't Alan Ball get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? Where's the Alan Ball fanclub?

:rolleyes:

They do, and they have...but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

I wonder why they haven't gotten the hatred.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
tomson75;2233300 said:
:rolleyes:

They do, and they have...but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

No, they really don't and they haven't. Not even close.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2233304 said:
No, they really don't and they haven't.

Yes, they have...they just weren't thrown into the limelight, or made into the antichrist/pseudo-hero that Danny's detractors (or self proclaimed 'realists') have declared him.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I'm curious why it's only guys like Amendola who want it and try hard. Why doesn't Sam Hurd get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? He's was an undrafted free agent who not only played his way onto the team, but also contributed as a rookie with only a fraction of the fanfare. Why doesn't Alan Ball get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? Where's the Alan Ball fanclub?
436e66cff0956.gif

A spotlight on Hard Knocks helps. There are a lot of Lowber fans as well

Miles Austin has been given credit. Weve seen where hes come from, and how hard hes worked

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2233293 said:
I'm curious why it's only guys like Amendola who want it and try hard. Why doesn't Sam Hurd get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? He's was an undrafted free agent who not only played his way onto the team, but also contributed as a rookie with only a fraction of the fanfare. Why doesn't Alan Ball get any credit for wanting it and trying hard? Where's the Alan Ball fanclub? Where's the Mike Jefferson fan club?

I think it's the ultimate underdog factor, too little, too slow, undrafted and partly because many are hoping he's our version of Wes Welker.

I really think Jefferson has a future ahead of him too. He made a few catches in the preseason that turned my head.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2233293 said:
I've never seen anyone say Hurd doesn't try hard.

However, I know what you are talking about. Using a different analogy, it used to annoy the hell out of me when people would say "Magic has God given ability, but Bird works so hard." As if Bird had no God given talent and Magic didn't work hard.

I do not believe anyone really believes that who has a brain in their head. They just see the Rudy story and want to root for an underdog. Amendola is the current underdog.

There will always be underdogs and the story about them will always be how hard they try.