Hardest Hitters in Cowboys History

plymkr

Reaction score
Darren Woodson is my vote. Ran like a CB and hit like a LBer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To clarify, he played safety, but hit like a LB.
First of all I know he was a safety so I don't know why that was a thing with your response... You do realize there's a lot of hard hitting safeties throughout the history of the NFL you don't have to preface it by saying he hits like a linebacker no he hits like one of the better hitting safeties to ever play the game that's what in the box type safety is do the best ones hit really hard... There's a big difference between a roaming free safety who needs to be better in coverage in a box safety et cetera but really if you look at the way Dan Quinn and the new NFL uses their safeties as hybrid linebackers it's no different that's what he was... I mean we even saw woody do it I mean what's in could have been easily a safety I believe in some packages he was the safety but that's there's not a big difference between a box safety and say uh weak side linebacker pretty much the same size they do a lot of the same things...

_sturt_

Reaction score
Shout out to Cliff Harris.
Top of my list... though pretty much all the other nominees are worthy of consideration too.

What I'll never forget about Harris was how a runner or receiver would be going down, and even if they were practically there, he would dive into them headfirst... no one was ever a bigger believer that it's a game of inches that this guy who would fight to keep you from even getting a single extra one.

Not sure that would fly today... a lot of those, Harris would make helmet-to-helmet contact.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Cliff Harris, Randy White, Roy Williams before he quit.

Erik Williams when he had the chance.

75boyz

Reaction score
1."Pre" Destiny's Child girlfriend Roy Williams.
2. Cliff Harris
3. Bill Bates
4. Lee Roy Jordan
5. Rolando Purple Drank McClain

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Play of the game. You have to give some love, to Ken Norton.