Hardy Investigation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure what you're referring to as far as the three bodies go, but even if he is guilty of the charges that have just been dismissed, it's perfectly reasonable for people to be ok with a player guilty of a misdemeanor offense that carried with it a total of 18 months of probation to play for their favorite team. Whether it's because they don't expect an NFL team to be comprised of boy scouts, or because they believe in people getting opportunities to rehabilitate, or they are just content to move on knowing worse things happen in the workplace and across the league all the time.

Police, Court, NFL. All did their own investigation and base on the evidence found enough to charge him, find him guilty, suspend him. Am I supposed to assume they are wrong or did poor job just because Hardy didnt get his day in court? Im also throwing in the fact the paid off his GF not to show up. To me that only piles on.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It's actually kind of shocking, that the people defending Hardy seem far less emotional and exceedingly more educated and studied than those calling Hardy a woman beater. Given the temperature of the general public towards these situations, much like divorce proceedings or custody battles, the man is generally guilty before he ever has a chance to defend himself.

As someone who was falsely accused of both domestic violence and resisting arrest, it makes me happy to see there are still people out there who dig for facts and don't just accept things based on stigmas. It's easy to let CNN and Fox News be the judge and jury. It's easy to let our own emotions, stigmas and moors cloud our decisions. What's tough and somewhat valiant, is putting all of that aside and looking at the facts.

Good lookin' out guys.

FTR, for those saying "the police saw enough to charge him", the police don't have to see any evidence. If the female can make the police believe she is in danger, the male party will be arrested. I know. Because it happened to me.

MeTed

Reaction score
Police, Court, NFL. All did their own investigation and base on the evidence found enough to charge him, find him guilty, suspend him. Am I supposed to assume they are wrong or did poor job just because Hardy didnt get his day in court? Im also throwing in the fact the paid off his GF not to show up. To me that only piles on.

The legal system did not find him guilty but the NFL did. So who is right? And how can anyone reconcile the different outcomes? The slippery slope for the NFL is the difference in the standard of proof they are using. The NFL aims to maintain a "higher standard" but they use a less strict/looser standard for burden of proof. We're seeing the consequences with the inconsistency in how sanctions are applied, lack of precedence, etc. Further, how do you hold someone higher than the applicable legal standard? There are higher standards and then there are impossible standards.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, my previous comment addressed all of that fairly directly. Slick's comment re: the court was fantastic, so I'd point to that and simply leave that one at that. As for the NFL and their 'conduct detrimental to the league,' you can take that for whatever it's worth.

For my part, I see two really dysfunctional people who were involved in a in a misdemeanor altercation that should never have happened. Childish, unhealthy, all of that. I think there's very little doubt Hardy was directly involved and that the team and the league know it. I don't think he's disputing that. I think he's just trying to get past it. At the end of the day, though, it was a domestic dispute that carried with it a misdemeanor charge that was eventually dismissed. It's not really the big deal it's been portrayed as.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The law didn't say he wasn't a woman beater. The law said the first time he was guilty. The law said the second time there's not enough evidence to bring him to trial, particularly because the key witness was paid in a settlement and couldn't be found to participate in the second trial.

And if the agenda is to call attention to professional football players beating women then it's a good agenda.

The previous agenda was for the league to turn its collective head and say, like so many on this forum say, "Beating? What beating?"

Provide the proof the witness was paid off.

The prosecuter can proceed without the witness if they believe their case was strong enough. They didn't proceed because of inconsistencies in her testimony among other reasons.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Since you don't know what happened that night you may want to consider the evidence. Sort of like the NFL investigator did. They conducted interviews, reviewed photos, case file, reports, ect.... Much more than any of us has done. So what was the conclusion the league came to regarding that night? They concluded that hardy pushed her. He pushed her. They didn't mention what she was doing at the time of this push. They failed to mention the probability that she was lunging at him or acting aggressive in any way. Instead they concluded that he pushed her.

So what should the punishment be for Hardy since he was found guilty by the league of pushing her?

I am very sensitive towards domestic violence. I grew up in a home with a great deal of domestic violence. I was a human shield for my mother on way too many occasions. I've lived through it all. I have no tolerance for men or women hitting each other. I won't blame the victim. But I also wont condemn Hardy if the evidence doesn't show proof of who the victim really is.

My gut feeling on what happened that night... I believe they were fighting. I believe she was hitting him. I believe he pushed her away. I believe he picked her up and threw her on the couch. I don't believe he beat her. I believe he showed restraint in how he handled it. I believe he really thought he was doing the right thing by calling the police.

When a man beats a women it is generally a form of control. It is rarely an isolated event.

I hate that you had to go through that. Nobody should. It seems you took your experiences and became a better man for it.
I applaud you.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So anyone that disagrees with your homer perspective is over reacting emotionally and dumb? That's your argument?

I guess I should have said "educated on the subject." However yeah, I think most of the responses are emotion based, as they usually are with this subject.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anybody know when Hardy's appeal is going to be heard?

Is Goodell going to be hearing the appeal himself?...................If so, Hardy should not even bother.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Nothing makes me madder then this ongoing ,talked about in multiple closed threads topic. I take it back . What makes me madder is the people who cannot stay on thread and have to snipe at everyone. So my dilemma is wither to close the thread or start benching everyone one cannot follow the rules....

slomoxn

Reaction score
Since you don't know what happened that night you may want to consider the evidence. Sort of like the NFL investigator did. They conducted interviews, reviewed photos, case file, reports, ect.... Much more than any of us has done. So what was the conclusion the league came to regarding that night? They concluded that hardy pushed her. He pushed her. They didn't mention what she was doing at the time of this push. They failed to mention the probability that she was lunging at him or acting aggressive in any way. Instead they concluded that he pushed her.

So what should the punishment be for Hardy since he was found guilty by the league of pushing her?

I am very sensitive towards domestic violence. I grew up in a home with a great deal of domestic violence. I was a human shield for my mother on way too many occasions. I've lived through it all. I have no tolerance for men or women hitting each other. I won't blame the victim. But I also wont condemn Hardy if the evidence doesn't show proof of who the victim really is.

My gut feeling on what happened that night... I believe they were fighting. I believe she was hitting him. I believe he pushed her away. I believe he picked her up and threw her on the couch. I don't believe he beat her. I believe he showed restraint in how he handled it. I believe he really thought he was doing the right thing by calling the police.

When a man beats a women it is generally a form of control. It is rarely an isolated event.

I would like this 100x if I could. Something people don't want to see. If he does just enough to keep her away he is in the wrong. If he beat her as so many claim I think her cruises would be wounds and contusions. Matter of fact, let's ask a few quarterbacks how it feels to be hit by him.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Nothing makes me madder then this ongoing ,talked about in multiple closed threads topic. I take it back . What makes me madder is the people who cannot stay on thread and have to snipe at everyone. So my dilemma is wither to close the thread or start benching everyone one cannot follow the rules....

Its an emotionally charged subject which many people have personal experience with. I apologize for my part. I will delete my post.

There was far more sniping in the draft forum the last few weeks though.

*Edit: It won't let me delete it, but feel free to.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Lay the hammer down.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Due process found him not guilty. You don't understand nor honor the legal system.

There is no evidence that he witness tampered as you claim.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Its an emotionally charged subject which many people have personal experience with. I apologize for my part. I will delete my post.

There was far more sniping in the draft forum the last few weeks though.

*Edit: It won't let me delete it, but feel free to.

There is too much period . I just can't keep up with it. All I can do is take care of what I see and what is reported...That's why I watch for threads that have go round and round . There is still one open in the rant zone

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Provide the proof the witness was paid off.

The prosecuter can proceed without the witness if they believe their case was strong enough. They didn't proceed because of inconsistencies in her testimony among other reasons.

It has been widely reported that Hardy paid a financial settlement to Holder, who strangely disappeared. The DA even said so.

If you object to the term "paid off," then I concede your point. That is my perspective.

Nevertheless, there are too many reports that a settlement occurred for me to discount it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
It's actually kind of shocking, that the people defending Hardy seem far less emotional and exceedingly more educated and studied than those calling Hardy a woman beater. Given the temperature of the general public towards these situations, much like divorce proceedings or custody battles, the man is generally guilty before he ever has a chance to defend himself.

As someone who was falsely accused of both domestic violence and resisting arrest, it makes me happy to see there are still people out there who dig for facts and don't just accept things based on stigmas. It's easy to let CNN and Fox News be the judge and jury. It's easy to let our own emotions, stigmas and moors cloud our decisions. What's tough and somewhat valiant, is putting all of that aside and looking at the facts.

Good lookin' out guys.

FTR, for those saying "the police saw enough to charge him", the police don't have to see any evidence. If the female can make the police believe she is in danger, the male party will be arrested. I know. Because it happened to me.

How many games will you miss? I kid. I kid.

No laughing matter. Hope all is better for you on that front.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It has been widely reported that Hardy paid a financial settlement to Holder, who strangely disappeared. The DA even said so.

If you object to the term "paid off," then I concede your point. That is my perspective.

Nevertheless, there are too many reports that a settlement occurred for me to discount it.

Whether or not is been reported is besides the point. Fact is that the only evidence is hearsay in a throwaway line from the dismissal filing. Further, an agreement to avoid a criminal trial is illegal.

She didn't cooperate with the police the night of and the days following. She had to be subpoenaed to attend the bench trial where we know for a fact she didn't have an agreement. We don't know what motivated her to not cooperate.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well, my previous comment addressed all of that fairly directly. Slick's comment re: the court was fantastic, so I'd point to that and simply leave that one at that. As for the NFL and their 'conduct detrimental to the league,' you can take that for whatever it's worth.

For my part, I see two really dysfunctional people who were involved in a in a misdemeanor altercation that should never have happened. Childish, unhealthy, all of that. I think there's very little doubt Hardy was directly involved and that the team and the league know it. I don't think he's disputing that. I think he's just trying to get past it. At the end of the day, though, it was a domestic dispute that carried with it a misdemeanor charge that was eventually dismissed. It's not really the big deal it's been portrayed as.

Good post, though I wouldn't say it's not a big deal. Hardy just finds himself in the nexus of his own situation coming at a time when the league is making a strong stance against domestic violence.

For the record, I believe the truth lies in the middle. I believe he put his hands on her. I believe she may have been overexaggerating. However, I still blame Hardy because of a series of questionable judgments.

Granted, I also hold him accountable based on my own personal experiences with a crazy girlfriend who lashed out at me. And I was able to withhold her without putting marks on her, and Greg Hardy is bigger, stronger and more powerful than I am. It's hard for me to see that he can't restrain a woman or pick her up and usher her out of his home.

Then you add the guns and the careless display of them, and he doesn't exactly win the credibility contest.

But ... he was "exonerated" by a court of law. That doesn't mean the NFL is bound by that, and I don't necessarily believe it should be. I support a suspension, but I believe it should only be two games based on the NFL's policy at the time he was suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.