Hardy maybe drawing some interest

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Do yall get the feeling we are wasting our time giving Benson Mayowa and Offer Sheet because just figuring the low numbers.....Oakland will simply match it...so why bother at all ?????

They're adding language to his contract, that he is not allowed to pick on Garrett in front of the team, that's holding up the process a bit :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A good pass rusher in his prime has a total of 7 sacks over the past two seasons?

He's only had 2 productive seasons during his 6 year career. His 15.0 sack season in 2013 was on a 12-4 Carolina team. He only produced 7 sacks his first 2 seasons in 2010 and 2011 when the Panthers combined for only 8 wins. He has to be on a good team to produce.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
He comes here for a year gets paid to knock the rust off. Gets released because he was late to a couple meetings. Now he'll sign with the Pats or maybe even a division rival and put up double digit sacks and we're stuck looking at some kid named Benson or they'll be forced to draft Bosworth 2.0

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Doesn't matter we are talking to Mayowa. He might not get many sacks but He'll show up to meetings on time!!!

But will Mayowa beat his girlfriend? Drama like that doesn't grow on trees. What else will we talk about? :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once he go the Pats or Ravens they would look like a genius for signing him. He would still go on and make a mess and the media would not care one bit.

Belichick won't go near Hardy he just traded his top pass rusher Chandler Jones reportedly partly due to off the field concerns. He wanted to get something for Jones because the Pats knew they would lose him when he became a free agent. They weren't going to trust him with a huge long-term deal.

Everson24

Reaction score
i bet he acts like a choir boy under a real head coach. i hope he does to further expose our puppet.

I'm afraid that Hardy may have undermined Garrett to the point of Jason losing the team. Some of the things that I heard went on last season if true would certainly do some serious damage to the head coach's credibility. I hope he hasn't lost them but this season will tell the story.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I get it,, if JG was running this entire team, Hardy should have been gone by now.
The problem is deeper than JG.
I really doubt JG likes being kicked in the nuts, spit on, and told that he is a puss in front of the entire locker room, and he still has the resolve to try and console Hardy.
I might have , might have exaggerated about the spitting and kicking nuts part.

Naw, you were correct, I was petty in not acknowledging the elephant in the room (JJ) as to why JG couldn't/wouldn't have "stones" if he wanted to discipline Hardy. I guess the checks are larger than his pride:D Up and did it again:facepalm:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm afraid that Hardy may have undermined Garrett to the point of Jason losing the team. Some of the things that I heard went on last season if true would certainly do some serious damage to the head coach's credibility. I hope he hasn't lost them but this season will tell the story.

His "influence" left the team once Romo was injured and that is how he lost the team. Work hard, stay motivated, the cliches weren't resulting in wins anymore. He's clueless.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He also played hurt as he was banged up pretty badly in the Seattle game (and almost won the game for us). Marinelli started to move him to DT on passing downs so we could get Gregory in there.

If Garrett couldn't handle Hardy, then that's a Garrett issue. Charles Haley and Lawrence Taylor weren't minding their P's and Q's under their coaches, but their coaches got them to perform and be a part of the team. Even Jerry Rice was considered to be a tough player to deal with because of his reputation of being furious when not getting the ball (unfortunately, ESPN didn't dare report this). But, they had a coach that could get him to function at an ultra high level despite being a pain in the arse at times.

If all a coach can do is coach RKG's, then we'll just keep spinning our wheels.

YR

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also played hurt as he was banged up pretty badly in the Seattle game (and almost won the game for us). Marinelli started to move him to DT on passing downs so we could get Gregory in there.

If Garrett couldn't handle Hardy, then that's a Garrett issue. Charles Haley and Lawrence Taylor weren't minding their P's and Q's under their coaches, but their coaches got them to perform and be a part of the team. Even Jerry Rice was considered to be a tough player to deal with because of his reputation of being furious when not getting the ball (unfortunately, ESPN didn't dare report this). But, they had a coach that could get him to function at an ultra high level despite being a pain in the arse at times.

If all a coach can do is coach RKG's, then we'll just keep spinning our wheels.

YR

There's no evidence whatsoever to support the idea that the problems the team obviously has with Hardy are related to Jason Garrett not being able to handle him. Maybe the guy's just a divisive force. Maybe they think he's got emotional issues that are getting in the way of him being the kind of player they want to make a big investment in. Maybe he just wants too much money for what they think he's worth and they're so far apart they know they're unlikely to get anything done. It could be anything.

And there are players who are more trouble than they're worth. Even good ones. I'm not saying Hardy's in this category, because everything I've ever heard about him from other players is that he's a good locker room guy, but the league is full of good players who weren't fits with some pretty good coaches.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Once he go the Pats or Ravens they would look like a genius for signing him. He would still go on and make a mess and the media would not care one bit.

Belichick isn't Garrett. Pretty sure Hardy won't make a mess in their locker room with that coaching staff.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Interest due to his free falling contract demands. A team that can sign him for pocket lint will.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Not signing or planning for a starting DE, i think stephen jones is setting up Garrett to be fired.

There cant be any other logical explanation. They knew gregory was going to be suspended, they knew lawrence had back issues, the got rid of hardy and mincey, dragging their feet on J crawford and his 4 sacks.

Its a set up i tell ya

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
It's so disappointing that despite our glaring need for a pass rusher, we won't bring Hardy back.

We paid him knowing he hadn't had any real game experience in over a year. We paid him knowing he had baggage.

And now he's a year removed from all of that with a full season under his belt and we can't be bothered because he's late for meetings. Which is something we knew about him before we signed him.

if we expected him to completely change his habits we shouldn't have ever signed him. We could've just kept Ware. And we'd have him mentoring Gregory and we'd have more flexibility in this draft.

Too bad we have such a weak head coach.

:hammer:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Unless you're in the clubhouse with the team, it's hard to understand exactly why it is they don't want him back. A lot of the players probably have their own annoyances the team deals with, so it makes me think he had to have really rubbed people the wrong way for them to not want to work through his issues. Remember how he acted towards the special team coaches during a game?

Who doesn't want to grab the ST coach by the throat?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Pretty clearly, his coaches have all been puppets, which has been the problem. He just needs a real coach someplace and everything would be fixed.
If I were a team that had a guy like that, I'd be very comfortable just signing Hardy up for a giant long-term contract. Because I'd know I could handle him on account of my coach being so strong. You know what I mean?

Rivera tried to keep him in Carolina. If not for the bible thumping owner he would have stayed a Panther. Fresh off the charges no less.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
There's no evidence whatsoever to support the idea that the problems the team obviously has with Hardy are related to Jason Garrett not being able to handle him. Maybe the guy's just a divisive force. Maybe they think he's got emotional issues that are getting in the way of him being the kind of player they want to make a big investment in. Maybe he just wants too much money for what they think he's worth and they're so far apart they know they're unlikely to get anything done. It could be anything.

And there are players who are more trouble than they're worth. Even good ones. I'm not saying Hardy's in this category, because everything I've ever heard about him from other players is that he's a good locker room guy, but the league is full of good players who weren't fits with some pretty good coaches.

Then there's those who can't get along with a coach who couldn't coach his way out of a soaked paper bag.:thumbup: