Harrison Smith chokes Lamb out of bounds. No flag

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Funny how nothing was done about that. Or the hard shove after the play/game ended in NE that happened to Lamb. But he gets fined for waving after he gets up and he gets fined every week for stuff.

Now to all those who say these refs call the games the same way for us and our opponent, please explain this...

Easy. Lamb clearly taunted the NE DB. If Lamb doesn't slow down staring back at the defender (to, you know, taunt him like the rules say you can't), then if the DB hits him, it would have been a late hit because Lamb would have scored long before. Lamb actually let the DB back into the play by slowing down and the DB obliged. As for getting fined "every week for stuff," that's stuff Lamb chooses to get fined every week for. When you get fined 4 or 5 times in a row for uniform rules, you just don't care about getting fined. So why should anyone else? Even Amari Cooper pointed it out so how can there be a conspiracy there?

Lutonio

Reaction score
I saw a different angle of that play and it sure looks like Smith was purposefully grabbing and squeezing around Lamb’s neck. If he isn’t fined it’s BS. Dirty player obviously.
That’s pretty surprising seeing as I think you were one of the first voices of reason on this thread, and I agreed. Do you have a link for the other angle?

Edit: I think I just found it a few pages back in the thread.

Beaker42

Reaction score
At first watch it looked like the DB was just trying to cradle his head …… now after seeing it several times maybe he was a little too caring LOL. Dunno what to make of it now.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Na man I retract my prior statement. I've seen it now multiple times. Dude was frustrated and tried to choke CD out. Unbelievable garbage move by Smith. He probably won't even be fined, let alone a flag.
According to an article I read, Lamb WAS ticked about it and was seen on the sidelines expressing his frustration to his teammates about it afterwards.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
In the video, you can see Gregory going toward them and yelling. Th ref was right there and didn't do anything. :facepalm:

Harrison Smith is a dirty player. He got flagged for putting his hand on Jarwins eyes to blind him.
Harrison got beat like a dog the entire game. I’d say that was him trying to vent on the one player he knew couldn’t retaliate.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I deleted the recording, so I'll have to take your word for it at this point...but are you sure he wasn't just trying to stop CeeDee from waving at him?;)
I saw multiple views and you can argue both points, but to me it's fairly obvious the real issue is that the defender held on well after the play was over. You could see the ref talk to him about it and Lamb had the "what the hell?" body language going. They're also bringing it to the league, so while it may not seem like a big deal, I doubt they do that for nothing, same with Lamb's reaction.

Some perspective - Lamb has been fined for not tucking in his jersey. Which act do you think is more important?

CWR

Reaction score
According to an article I read, Lamb WAS ticked about it and was seen on the sidelines expressing his frustration to his teammates about it afterwards.

Lamb looked almost panicked when it was happening. You can see Smith looking up towards the refs too. If his arm or hand was caught he'd be looking at it, trying to free it. Instead he was making sure he didn't get flagged. That was a pretty disgusting display from him.

mrmojo

Reaction score
If you look at the "sounds of the game", they show the end of that play on the sidelines......it sure looks like he held Cee Dee down for longer than normal...

Beaker42

Reaction score
He was joking about it in the clip posted on page 6 or 7 of this thread. He probably had time to cool off by then.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw multiple views and you can argue both points, but to me it's fairly obvious the real issue is that the defender held on well after the play was over. You could see the ref talk to him about it and Lamb had the "what the hell?" body language going. They're also bringing it to the league, so while it may not seem like a big deal, I doubt they do that for nothing, same with Lamb's reaction.

Some perspective - Lamb has been fined for not tucking in his jersey. Which act do you think is more important?
From Lamb's point of view, he was choked. He would have no way of knowing if it was an accidental choking. Guess we'll find out soon. Don't they announce those things on Thursdays?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
From Lamb's point of view, he was choked. He would have no way of knowing if it was an accidental choking. Guess we'll find out soon. Don't they announce those things on Thursdays?
I originally thought it was accidently stuck, but Lamb and the defender were facing each other after they got up and the defender would have most likely explained it, fist pump etc...
The defender did not, so it leads me to believe it was a power move and intended. These guys play a violent sport, sometimes it gets a little out of control.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Harrison Smith has always been a dirtbag of a player. AD's nickname for him back in the day was very fitting.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Easy. Lamb clearly taunted the NE DB. If Lamb doesn't slow down staring back at the defender (to, you know, taunt him like the rules say you can't), then if the DB hits him, it would have been a late hit because Lamb would have scored long before. Lamb actually let the DB back into the play by slowing down and the DB obliged. As for getting fined "every week for stuff," that's stuff Lamb chooses to get fined every week for. When you get fined 4 or 5 times in a row for uniform rules, you just don't care about getting fined. So why should anyone else? Even Amari Cooper pointed it out so how can there be a conspiracy there?

This is a joke right? Mills hits Lamb 2-3 yards into the end zone.. It absolutely was a late hit because it did not take place in the field of play.. Justifying it with "well he taunted him" is pure bull crap. So what if he taunted him? You are not allowed to hit someone after the play just because they taunt you. I mean why did they eject Toney in the Giants' game for throwing a punch.. when the Cowboys DBs "clearly taunted him?" I think one even pushed him..